Chapter 46 End.

Showing You Happiness

 

 

Masquerade Ball III

 

WHERE COULD HE BE?

 

 

“The key to your happiness is only a few steps towards that direc—“

 

 

 

She could have tripped on the stairs if it wasn’t for someone that prevented her from doing so. She thanked the person who helped her, but she was in a hurry so she didn’t bother looking up.

She excused herself as she walked past the man, wanting to find Aaron as quickly as she can possibly can.

By the time she reached the top of the stairs, there were 3 gentlemen standing by the railing, glancing at the crowd tonight. She stopped, staring at them as they waved at her.

“You guys... Calvin? Jiro? Wu Chun?”

“Miss President! Soon to be Sister-in-law! How do you do?”

“I’m being tormented, you?”

“Thank you for inviting us.”

Wu Chun raised his glass of champagne.

“We are enjoying ourselves! We were just admiring the decor and the spectacular view from here.”

Calvin stated as he flashed his smile towards one lady across the hallway.

Gui smiled happily, she was about to walk away when her eyes widen. She stared at the flowers from the other guests and Fahrenheit’s.

 

 

 

Find me, I am the one who embodies a rose.”

 

 

 

 

 

Flashback

She was about to fall when she was going up the stairs if it hasn’t been for someone that prevented her from doing so.

She thanked the person who helped her, but she was in a hurry so she didn’t bother looking who it was who helped her. She excused herself as she walked past, wanting to find Aaron.

End of Flashback

 

 

 

Rose.... the scent... of a rose.

 

 

Gui turned around, but the man had already blended with the crowd.

 

 

‘You’re always one step behind Gui!’

 

 

 

Heading back downstairs, she found herself walking around the crowd, trying to sniff the scent of roses.

After a couple of rounds, she was on the verge of giving up but she gasped when the smell of roses there. She quickly got up, following the smell, tracing the scent back to its original owner.

She smiled happily as she politely wiggle herself into their conversation. The other guy that he was talking to smiled, bid them farewell and left the two alone.

Gui stared at his eyes but he tried to avoid hers.

“Good Evening, I’m Even Wu. May I ask who you are?”

He cleared his throat, she had anticipated him to speak but he kept looking at different directions. She chuckled, as she took this chance to hold onto him, pulling him somewhere where the music was faint to the ears.

He just followed her, not knowing what to do until the unexpected happened.

She cheekily smiled as she gently pushed him against the wall, pressing her lips on his. His eyes widen while she kissed him, unable to comprehend the situation, he was pleasantly surprised.

Although it was unexpected, he smiled as she pulled away shortly after. “Finally...”

She slowly reached for his mask, revealing the one that made this evening impossible.

“I found you, Yan Ya Lun.”

“Of course you did, Ying Jie.'

She smiled as she kissed him on the lips again.

“Who told you to play hide and seek? It’s no fun, who wants to run around wearing this beautiful dress? I should’ve danced with someone hot!”

“WHAT? You already danced with two people tonight! I think that’s enough dancing for tonight, don’t you think?”

 

 

 

“Save the last waltz for him, Gui.”

 

“Save the last waltz for him, Gui.”

 

“Save the last waltz for him, Gui.”

 

 

 

 

Gui shook her head disapprovingly as Ya Lun stared at her.

“I want to dance more... You left me running around like a crazy hyena!”

“Ying Jie...”

“Please?”

Aaron smiled, extending his hand out.

 

“May I?”

 

Without hesitation, with full spirits and a big smile. Gui walked with Aaron back to the ballroom. By the time they made it to the dance floor, everyone’s mask was off, revealing themselves pleasantly as the night nears the end.

Mr. Wu stared at the dance floor, smiling as bright as the moon itself. As all the guests enjoyed this party, he was happy that it ended beautifully. 

Ting Wei smiled happily, holding onto Janice as they smiled at each another, like they had just met for the first time.

Calvin, Wu Chun and Jiro walked onto the dance floor with their partners, dancing along to the music. Who knew that Ella would find someone who caught her attention. Yes, it was none other than Wu Chun.

Li Quan finished his last drop of the champagne as his girlfriend signalled him for a dance. He smiled as he held onto her, leading her onto the dance floor.

While Wang Zi took one last glance at Aaron and Ying Jie before walking out of the building. Amanda watched him put his jacket on before heading towards the exit.

“You didn’t have to come out.”

“I wanted too, are you going to push me away again?”

Wang Zi walked up to her, giving her a peck on the forehead.

“Even if we are apart, just know that you will always be right beside me.”

She shivered, feeling the overrated use in that line. He laughed, holding onto her hand.

“Will you wait for me?”

“I think it’s time that you’re the chaser.”

He chuckled amused, “Fair enough.”

 

 

Meanwhile...

 

 

 

Back inside, Aaron and Gui were spinning, twirling, moving, smiling, and laughing with each other. Forgetting about time, reality, and their surroundings.

When the music came to the end, Aaron surprised Gui as he lifted her off the ground. She gasped as she looked down to see Aaron’s smiling face.

“I love you.” They whispered as their lips met.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

END.