Chapter 19

Showing You Happiness

 

 

Even Wu’s side

 

 

"What happened to us?"

 

 

 

"AND CUT! CUT! CUT!"

The director yelled out frustrated as the lights , revealing the vast production team. When the man slowly let go, his eyes never left sight of the girl who she had remained frozen.

Unable to move, she felt her world spun around like crazy, she would’ve stayed still if it wasn’t until someone called for her.

 

"MISS. WU! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?"

Ah Ben shouted out as he walked over to her, staring at her expressionless face.

"She must have been frightened."

The manager of the design team stated as the Mr. Hsu quickly came forward.

"Oh, Miss. Wu, I'm so sorry, we were in the middle—"

She stopped him by smiling, signalling him not to explain it to her.

"I'm sorry for my sudden disturbance, forgive me, I am normally not this late. I apologize for running in here so abruptly, I hope you guys have fun with no problems. Now, if you'll excuse me."

She stated as she quickly rushed upstairs with her team of designers. As she did, she slowly glance back to see the guy staring back at her.

 

*thump*thump*thump*

 

Sheng Yi noticed Gui who stopped midway up the stairs, he turned around to see her look at the guy who embraced her earlier. Something in his mind was telling him to let it go but with his stubbornness, he only glared at him.

 

 

 

Fahrenheit's part

While Even was talking, Aaron kept his eyes on her back, wondering where he had heard her voice before.

 

"OH MY GOD! IS THAT HER? THE PRESIDENT OF THAT WU BUILDING?"

Jiro yelled out as Mr. Hsu laughed while nodding.

"So Jiro... Tell me, where on Earth do you see a granny? What wrinkles? But one thing you guessed corrected was the fact that she's fast!"

Calvin asked him as Aaron smiled, surprising everyone. "AARON! YOU SMILED!"

Mr. Hsu grabbed onto his shoulders and smiled, it has been a long time since he had smiled on his own, other than following along with the script.

"Dude, I'm fine."

Aaron stated as he peeled his hands off, before looking over at Jiro.

"Yo, tell me something about the president. I'm starting to like her~"

Jiro boldly confessed as everyone glanced at him, wondering what kind of things he was thinking off.

"What about Cindy? Bianca? Ariel? Michelle? and your long wait-listed girls?" He stated, losing count on his fingers as everyone nodded, anticipating what he is going to say next.

"Aww, just tell me about her!"

"Why don't you study tonight? She doesn't have a lot on her profile but she has a lot of articles that you might be interested in."

Wu Chun suggested as Jiro turned to Calvin for help, but Calvin couldn't help him in this situation since he would like to see his buddy study for once. Before they knew it, the director came up to them, calling everyone into the set. But before they moved, everyone high-fived Wu Chun while they resumed the filming for the remainder of the day.

 

During the entire shoot, Aaron can't stop thinking about the girl earlier, like everyone. She was way too pretty to be a business women, so he mistakenly thought that she was an actress.

 

Just an earnest mistake, anyone could make.

 

 

Even Wu's part

"Is this what the space looks like?"

Peterson asked as everyone walked into one of the rooms to find themselves stepping into an foreign land. 

"Yes."

Even stated as she kept herself busy, thinking only business related materials as she walked around the hotel, discussing the possibilities of adding or dropping things that made the room dull or entertaining.

"Do you think we can add a hot tub for one of the suites?"

She directed this question to the designers as they gave their 50/50 answer. She stared at them, wanting a more refined answer.

"It's possible." They both stated as Even nodded, moving into the next room.

 

 

{ xx }

 

 

Mr. Wu's part

Mr. Wu was admiring the beauty of his garden with his childhood friend, Mr. Qiu as they sat on the patio, drinking tea.

"I heard your daughter is working hard to manage another hotel. A lot of people are anticipating it, and so am I. But what surprised me more was the fact that you left all the important decisions to her, your no longer commander of the ship dear friend."

Mr. Wu chuckled, knowing that Mr. Qiu's personality. If he was the chairman, he wouldn't let just anyone do what they wanted to do unless it is consulted with him first.

"I handed this task for my daughter to see if she can handle it. It has been 2 years since I have seen her working diligently on projects. Sometimes, she impresses me with her insane work ethic. I even tried to set her up with blind dates but she always gives the excuse of ‘being too busy for them’. Goodness, what am I going to do with my daughter who only knows how to work?"

"The newly established hotel is a beauty. It's gaining a lot of interest around the globe as we speak, you should be proud of your daughter since your daughter is hardworking! My son on the other hand only knows how to goof off, waiting till last minute to make important decisions. "

They laughed proudly, from watching their children grow into adults, it’s something parent’s wishes to witness.

"In order to celebrate the new hotel, I want to invite friends and family to the new hotel for a grand opening. As well as catching up, how does that sound?" Mr. Qiu grinned.

"And I think it's about time we become in-laws, how does that sound? Isn’t it like beautiful music to the ears?"

"I would like that very much, but we need to get the kid's decision." Mr. Qiu agreed, being in-laws didn’t seem like a bad idea. They agreed as they continued their afternoon with a cup of tea and sitting under the beautiful baby blue sky.

 

This day was like a dream that he always wanted to have, peace and quiet.

 

 

 

{ xx }

 

Even Wu's part

"We shall end this here. Finish your sketches and we will make a meeting, discuss the designs with open minds and improvements on anything we might have overlooked."

Everyone nodded as they made their way downstairs.

"I'll be heading back to the office now." 

Peterson stated as he bowed before walking out of the hotel with his mind filled with new ideas that will transform the hotel more. 

 

When Peterson left, Sheng Yi signalled Ah Ben to go away before he could get Even's attention.

"I'll go back to the office to prepare the documents."

Ah Ben stated, giving Sheng Yi a thumbs up before leaving Even who was busy examining the foyer.

 

 

She had noticed Sheng Yi’s attention since the beginning, half of his mind was but his other half was somewhere else.

However, she pushed it away and did the walk-through smoothly, without leaving anything out. But before she can walk further, Sheng Yi stepped in front of her, blocking her path as she stared at him, confused at his sudden action.

"We need to talk."

"We can talk about your designs some other time. Just get your—"

"Not business, us. We need to talk about us."

He stated as they looked at each other.

"Then there's nothing to talk about."

Sheng Yi grabbed onto her shoulders, causing her to panic slightly.

"I never stopped thinking about you, these last 2 years, I couldn't stop myself from—"

"Stop!"

She whispered as he slowly loosened up.

 

"Ever since you cheated on me, it took every part of me to forget about you. If you were standing in front of me 4 years ago, I would be standing by your side. But now, we can't go back to how we were. You and I are different now, we have matured and changed. So how can we go back to how we were when both of us have changed?"

She paused for a moment. 

"I can't go through all that again Sheng Yi... I don't think I have enough strength in me to do so..."

She was about to walk away when he grabbed onto her wrist.

 

"Qiu Sheng Yi!"

"Wu Ying Jie!"

 

They stare at each other, not knowing that someone was standing below the staircase, hearing everything that they were saying.

 

"Wu... Ying... Jie...?"

 

The man whispered as he slowly walked back to the filming crew.