Chapter 23

Showing You Happiness

 

 

"Saturday, 5pm, I'll wait for you at Taipei hospital. I'll keep waiting till you come."

It repeated through her mind continuously, to the point where she might go crazy just thinking about it.

While Even was driving, she continuously contemplated on her actions as she pulled the car to the side of the road, wondering what she was doing.

She didn’t know what had gotten over her, she never thought she could run out of the building so fast.

Just when another lightening hit, she gasped, driving again as she drove to the place he said he would be. When she parked her car around the area where he said he would supposedly meet, she gripped onto the umbrella as she walked around.

 

 

He wouldn't be here... after waiting for so long right? If someone was waiting for more than three hours,

they would just leave, right?

 

Even stopped as her eyes looked glanced at the person wearing a black hoodie, beanie, and jeans. Leaning against a tree casually. But even if he tried to dress like a normal person, she knew that no matter how hard he try to avoid the attention, he can't, like air, it surrounds him every second of his life. 

 

‘I just don't know... What exactly am I doing?’

 

"He's still handsome..."

She whispered as the rain drops felt heavier when it hit against her umbrella.

 

‘What we are?’

 

As she stood there, wondering how long it will take him to notice her. A smiled appeared on her face while she noticed a few people stopping to catch a glimpse of him, wondering if he is who they think he is. The more they tried to take a look at him, the more he hid, shifting to the other side but the other side, was starting to catch on.

 

‘Do we still have something?’

 

 

No matter how many disguises he had tried on, he thought that this one would be the one that wouldn't attract any attention because it was just plain! He wished he was a regular teenage boy...

but his fan's were smarter than that. So to keep him from being exposed, he kept his head down as low as possible, trying his best to wait for her. But when he glanced at his watch, his eyes widen, throwing him off balance.

"4 HOURS ALREADY?"

He accidently shouted out as the girls around him started to murmur.

"Hey... doesn't that voice sound familiar?"

One female asked as her friend nodded, trying to think of where she heard his voice.

"Isn't that... oh what's his face.... that handsome, y man!" She roared as Aaron began to panic.

“MIKE HE? But I’m sure he’s taller...”

“Then who could it be?”

Aaron deeply sighed, sweating cold sweat as he prayed that he wouldn’t have to be exposed like this. Just when he thought his constant praying will end, fear has come to greet him properly.

“HOW ABOUT FAHRENHEIT?”

"ISN'T THAT AARON YAN FROM FARHENHEIT?" At that moment, someone grabbed his hand. "RUN!"

She shouted as he looked up, smiling at when he heard her voice.

"IT IS HIM!"

One of the girl yelled out happily. Once they saw the side of his face fly past them, it was obvious.

So when the news got out,  they held onto their umbrellas and ran after him, shouting his name as they continued to chase after Even and Aaron.

Just when Even was starting to get exhausted from the sprint, a lady appeared out of nowhere, wearing a shirt that says ‘I love Fahrenheit’, pretending to be following the fan girls as she followed the group.

After 10 seconds, she stopped and started jumping up and down as she point in the opposite direction, trying to look surprised.

"HEY! ISN'T THAT JIRO?"

"JIRO?"

The crowd stopped and looked at the man who was walking further away from them.

"The back...THAT COULD BE HIM! NO WAIT, THAT DOES LOOK LIKE HIM! RUN AFTER HIM GUYS!"

Someone yelled out as the lady smiled, patting herself in the back as she acted like she was running after him.

Wu Ying Jie stopped and looked at the lady who helped them escape. The girl gave her a thumbs up as she took her hat off, revealing herself.

 

 

The stuff you normally wouldn't do, Janice could probably do it.

Sometimes, I question how that rock can get this girl as his girlfriend? 

Call him Mr. Lucky.

 

She was about to open her car door when she heard Jiro's name being called out, it was all a blur but she was sure that she heard it.

If Janice was here... then who was the one acting as Jiro?

She laughed hysterically as the pieces to the puzzle piece came together. In a swift moment, everything became clear to her. She could only laugh at her friend’s actions while she started to drive, to a place where no one goes to, a place perfect for an escape.

Even parked her car in her parkway and walked out, wishing to get out of the rain and into the house to dry off so that they won’t get sick after. This was the safest place that would conceal the superstar Aaron Yan.

 

 

The Wu’s Vacation House.

 

When Even jammed the keys into the lock, Aaron opened his door, admiring the lake and the mountain from the back. It didn't look like he was in Taiwan, it was more westernized, the feeling of having the American get-a-way was what he felt.

"Where are we?"

She stopped for a moment as she recomposed herself, surprised that the key still works.

"Are you coming in or not? I don’t mind if you want to stay here out in the rain!"

He glanced up at the sky, staring at the gloomy sky for awhile before he decided to walk into the house.

 

When he closed the door behind him, he turned around to find himself looking at the black couches along with the lightening that gave the house a soft glow. The vacation house was small and comfortable. He glanced outside to see a patio with a lake with a tire swing attached to one of the tree branch with the beautiful mountains.

When he finished taking a quick look around the house, he turned around to see something soft hit his face, so he peeled it off, staring at the towel as Ying Jie stood next to him, drying herself off as well.

"This place...?"

"Don't worry, no one knows we are here."

She looked at one of the pictures up above the fireplace with a faint smile, recalling the times she was here. It was a place where she hoped it would make her mind at ease but it wasn’t as simple as it sounded. Sometimes, she would hold in her emotions so that it wouldn’t show for others to see as a sign of weakness. 

And when the day is over, she would let it all out, one way or another, she had to let it out in order for her emotions not to devour her mind.

"'When I want to be alone, this is the place where I would escape to."

She told him as she flipped the picture over so that she wouldn’t be able to see it. Convincing herself not to get emotional over it, this wasn’t the right time.

"This place once had lots of memories... memories that I want to live in again..."

She whispered as she closed her eyes, for a while before opening her eyes to see Aaron’s face.

"Anyways, enough of my blabbering. Let's talk."

He put the towel on top of his head as he took of his top, revealing his toned abs as she peeled her eyes off it, not wanting to see it.

When he noticed her eyes looking at the other direction, knowing that this was not going to go according to how she wanted it to be, he wanted to do something that she would never dream about. He quietly walked over to her, taking her hand off so that their eyes speak to one another. But he knew that she would look away once he tried, convinced that they have nothing left to say.

"Where's your ring?"

She moved her hands away as she continued to ignore him. But the things he wanted to talk about was starting to show, his curiosity wanted answers, desperately.

"You wanted to marry a rich man, so why aren’t you wearing it? What happened to the diamond that you love so much?"         

Her eyes widen as his palms slammed against the wall, blocking her on both sides, so that she couldn’t walk away from or the topic, as long as his mind was set on searching for answers, he won’t move.

This was his opportunity to get things straight, so he was determined.

 

Despite his determination to get answers, Ying Jie’s mind kept wondering to places, hoping not to meet his gaze cause once their eyes meet, she won’t be able to turn away.

 

 

"Tell me."

 

He whispered seductively into her ears, slightly touching her ear, which alarmed her like crazy.

"Aaron Yan. Give me my personal space."

"This is already your personal space."

He used the little space between them as he continue to speak to her in a whisper. While he stared at girl he fell in love with. She attempted to hit him but he grabbed hold of her wrists, forcing them back.

"I... Me... This... Wu Ying Jie." He stated as one of his hand traced her lips, in a gentle manner that paralyzed her. "I always wanted this."