Chapter 22

Showing You Happiness

 

 

Days have passed...

 

 

Even Wu's part

 

"To what do I owe this pleasant—"

When she looked up, she got up, walking up to the girl and giving her a big giant hug.

"Janice, you cannot cheat me. I forbid you too!"

Lu Ting Wei smiled cheekily as the girls stared at him.

"Oh?! But she was already playing with you since the beginning, you were too busy flirting with your nurses to notice, right baby~"

Even said in a cute tone as the girl named Janie smiled, hugging her tightly.

"I MISSED YOU SO MUCHH~ I wanted to come see you earlier but this person right here wouldn't let me bother you! He's so cruel sometimes!"

Ying Jie laughed, as they pulled away, returning to themselves. "Your complexion is getting worse.."

Janice whispered as she looked at Gui's tired face. Gui could only smile, knowing being in a president will come with responsibilities and could make one look older.

"Gui..." She whispered as they walked into the balcony.

 

 

"Even, I don't have the docum—"

Ah Ben walked into the room, but he stopped and slowly looked up to see Janice and Lu Ting Wei.

"BUDDY! HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN SINCE I LAST SAW YOU?"

Lu Ting Wei laughed, greeting his long time friend before introducing his long time girlfriend to him.

When Ah Ben saw how gorgeous Janice was, he gasped, having difficulties trying to keep his mouth closed while Lu Ting Wei playfully punched him, causing him to return to normal as Janice greeted him with a angelic smile.

"Nice to meet you Ah Ben."

She said nicely as Ah Ben sighed, it felt like he as in heaven.

"I want coffee! Do you guys want coffee?" She asked as everyone nodded.

"Ah Ben, accompany her."

She instructed as Lu Ting Wei pointed at him with his infamous death glares.

"Don't do anything to my girlfriend or else..."

But Ah Ben waved him bye as he escorted Janice to the coffee shop.

 

 

Even giggled as she walked out to the balcony with Lu Ting Wei.

"Even though you are in a different position than before, it's nice to know your habit hasn't changed."

Even stared at Ting Wei as he leaned against the railing.

"Ying Jie, do you know what the difference is between love and pity?"

 

-silence-

 

 

"You act differently when your with Sheng Yi and Ya Lun."

 

-silence-

 

 

"Love." He chuckled before starting. "Is when you wish that person is beside you every day, when you see that person, your heart beats quickly like your running a long marathon. "

 

-silence-

 

 

He looked over to see her reaction but he was emotionless."I love you. These words that only you can say, who would you say it to?”

"I have known you for so long, do you still think that I wouldn't be able to read you? If you had a mask on, the one that loves you will be able to see right through it. Knowing that it is you, I think love should feel like a mask."

 

"I personally think the one who best compliments you would be that Yan Ya Lun kid, Even Wu and Aaron Yan matches perfectly don’t you think? Not because he's born with good looks (well, not as good-looking as me), but he is the first one that I get to see Wu Ying Jie be Wu Ying Jie. Whenever you're with him, he would try to make your worries go away despite his disability to see.  But he actually loves to hear your voice and the most important thing is, believe it or not, but this boy can make makes you smile which is quite incredible for you since you turn sour when you smile now... But I can't wait to hear the moment he see's you in your beast form! You can go crazy like a beast, phew, I’m glad I’m not the person that’s going to be beside you. But if you do turn into a wild, untamed beast, you are going to be the talk of the century!"

Ying Jie eyes widen as she looked at him, surprised at his sudden confession.

"Janice must have changed you."

"Ying Jie, the way Sheng Yi had been treating you was like crazy roller roaster ride. He left you waiting for him, and you found out that he was actual—"

 

"STOP!"

 

She covered her ears not wanting to hear anything related to the past, especially nothing related to what happened that night.

"Ying Jie, You seriously want me to say it don't you?"

He yelled out as he grabbed her wrists, making sure that she was listening to him. "Open your damn heart. Open it so that the one who loves you can make his way back in." 

He let go, knowing that this was all he could do.

"Ying Jie, I know you had closed your heart when you started taking over your father's role as head of Wu Co. But is there any way of reopening it so you can love again?"

She stayed silent as he hugged her, while patting her head.

"Ting Wei... Do you remember the time when I said that love wasn’t fit for me? That was when I started giving up, step by step. Now, everything remains as a distant memory and I am determined to keep my words. I don’t know what I would do if I want to go back to how I was... It’s too painful to go through everyone once again... how can I...?" 

He pulled back, shocked as hell as she sighed.

"But Lu Ting Wei! You seriously need to consult with a doctor other than yourself. My horrible, delusional, dear old friend... I'M STARTING TO LOSE HIM! The doctor stress must be killing you slowly now, it’s only a matter of time before it swallows you whole! Don’t say I didn’t warn you buddy!"

Ying Jie dramatically acted as she shook him vigorously. When they burst into laughter, they could feel their younger selves reappearing.

                                                                                                                                                         

 

Lu Ting Wei... you're just crazy in love.

But, thank you.

The words of encouragement from a dear friend, who could ask for more?

 

 

 

{ xx }

 

Fast forward a couple of days.

 

 

With a blink of an eye, Saturday came faster than Even could imagine. While she was still in her office, she took a peek at the sky, the heaven’s looked like they were about to burst into cries.

"Today we are going to be ending early, as requested by the chairmen himself."

"What do you mean early?"

"The Chairmen said that he noticed your hardworking abilities so he decided to give you a break from this company.."

It was silent until Even broke it. "It looks like it's going to rain..."

She whispered as she held her hand out, hoping a raindrop will land on her palm, but it wasn't time yet.

"Rainstorm to be precise."

"RAINSTORM?"

Her eyes widen as Ah Ben nodded, pointing up at the sky.

"That's what the weather forecast predicted it to be! It’s hardly accurate sometimes but I think this time, they have hit the mark."

He chimed, trying to put on a happy face as Even turned around, to face the city once more, looking at the people walking around.

"What's wrong?" He asked as she ignored him, sitting back down on her chair.

"What's first on the agenda?"

She asked as he flipped through the pages, answering to her questions fully, making sure that he hadn't left anything out.

 

Flashback

 

"Saturday, 5pm, I'll wait for you at Taipei hospital. I'll keep waiting till you come."

 

Aaron flashed his million dollar smile as he walked out of the door, leaving Even speechless.

End of Flashback

 

 

Rainstorm?

 

"....and we are done at 8."

"Ah Ben."

"Y—Yes?"

"Bring me all the documents that need to be reviewed now. I have no meetings today so all I have left are reviews right?" He nodded, not knowing why she was questioning him since she heard it well. "Go and bring me all of them!"

He quickly walked out of the room, grabbing every document that needed to be reviewed before handing it over to her.

 

 

By the time his phone rang, he have already begun his run across departments, picking up the documents that Even wanted.

"Yes, this is Ah Ben."

He breathed heavily, he hasn't been exercising lately so his body condition was pretty poor right now.

"Why do you sound like this?"

 

When Ah Ben noticed that it wasn't one of Wu Corps clients, but Sheng Yi himself. Hearing Sheng Yi’s cheery, happy-go-lucky voice made Ah Ben explode.

"WHY DID YOU CALL? MAKE IT QUICK, I'M SUPPER BUSY"

"Whoa dude, I just wanted to see when Gui ends today."

"8! ANYTHING ELSE?"

"No... HEY WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING AT ME WHEN I AM HAPPILY TALKING TO YOU?"

"I'M IN A MIDDLE OF AN SITUATION RIGHT NOW! I'M HANGING UP!"

He shouted back as he sprinted for the remaining documents.

 

After 20 minutes of exercise, he managed to make it back in one piece, straightening himself before presenting himself to Even.

"All 5 documents are here."

He hand them over to Even as she laughed, knowing what he has been through.

"Just 5?" She asked as he looked at her like a robot.

"Hey, Even W— No, Gui, please. I know I am incredible and your best assistant you ever had! But please, give your awesome friend a break! I love working with you but your making it hard for me to come to work every day! Don't get me wrong, I love working with you but sometimes—"

 

"Ah Ben."

He shut his lips as she smiled, walking up to him.

"Thank you for your lovely compliment."

She punched him on the shoulder as she went back to work.

"OW!" He yelled out as he touched the pain she left him.

"I don't understand one bit! You sit in your office for so long, looking at some documents all day and going to meetings, but how can you punch this hard when you don't even workout? Are you secretly disguising yourself as a man?"

His eyes widen as he snapped, imagining the impossible as she flicked him on the forehead.

"Go back to work Weng Rui Di (Ah Ben's real name)!"

She smiled as she opened the folder on top of the pile, before settling down.

"Fine."

He stated as he stomped madly out of the office. She smiled as she put the document down, turning her chair around to look out the window.

 

 

She had wanted to thank Ah Ben... for everything he had done for her, thank you.

 

 

When Ah Ben closed the door behind him, he leaned against it, smiling like an idiot.

 

Was that Gui just now?

 

 

 

As she lifted her fountain pen from the paper, she had gone through every document, with the finishing mark on the last file that needed to be signed. She got up and reached for her jacket. Wrapping herself with its warmness before grabbing her belongings.

When she walked out of the office, Ah Ben lips curved into a smile, following behind her as she handed him the files over to him.

"Go home, I'm starting to get sick of you."

She chuckled, crossing her arms as she stared at him.

"I'm already sick of you, Rui Di."

He gasped as she smiled, waiting for the elevator to hit the main floor.

 

 

When she walked out, someone decided to make a surprise visit.

"What are you doing here?"

She asked as she gave him a cold look, before she stuffed her hands into the pockets. Her fingers touched the keys that were in her pockets, wondering where it came from. Since she always have a chauffeur who drives her to places, so there wasn’t a need to bring keys.

 

So how did these get there?

 

When Sheng Yi suddenly hugged her, pulling her back to reality. Ah Ben chuckled whereas Gui gasped.

"Gui, I really want to—"

"Sheng Yi..." She whispered as she remained in his embrace.

"Gui, will you give me a second cha—"

Just then, lightening flashed, as Even eyes widen.

 

 

Flashback

 

"Saturday, 5pm, I'll wait for you at Taipei hospital. I'll keep waiting till you come."

 

End of Flashback

 

 

Once the flash of lightening came out again, Even’s mind suddenly went blank. Not thinking about where she was and what she was doing, she used all her strength to pull Sheng Yi away. Sending him into a state of confusion while she ran back into the elevator. Wishing that it goes faster while she waited impatiently, tapping her heels continuously as her eyes monitored the elevator speed.

When the doors opened, she flashed her keys in front of her, locating her car as fast as possible as she hoped in, driving away.

 

"W—W—Where is she going?"

He asked, getting frustrated as Ah Ben shrugged, not knowing what has gotten into her either.