Chapter 35

Showing You Happiness

 

 

Even Wu's part                     

 

"There's an special pianist coming for tonight.”

 

The manager whispered into the microphone, creating the prefect mood for a special night for the couples. A couple sitting close to the piano smiled, happily chatting amongst themselves while they waited for everything to set up.

“Aren't you excited? Please give a warm applause for him everyone."

 

 

 

Their table was located on the deck, where the land meets the sea.

Sheng Yi looked up from his plate and smiled over to Ying Jie, his heart feeling at ease whenever she's by his side. His plan was during their dinner, they can rekindle that spark that they had in University then ask her about the wedding and engagement questions. Anxious to know what she is thinking but to his disappointment, she only replied with "You decide."

Every girl dreamt of being the bride, it’s every girls dreamt to grow up and get married. Marriage plans and armaments were like a girl’s fantasy. So Sheng Yi was disheartened to hear that she didn’t want to think about marriage or engagement yet.

"How about bridesmaid? Who do yo—"

He paused when he noticed everyone placing their knives and forks down.

 

 

Why?

 

 

The lights dimmed down to have beam of light shining down on the piano. When the soft music turned from jazz to romantic, everyone sensed the sudden mood change.

There was something that hit everyone's heart in the restaurant, no one knows what it is exactly but it captured everyone attention in an instant.

Even noticed it as well but she kept eating, not bothering to look at who it was that had all the attention. But when Sheng Yi saw him sitting down on the piano, he knew exactly who it was. Not admitting defeat, he turned his attention back to Gui.

"Gui, you know I love you right? We should get engaged soon because the longer I find myself waiting, the harder it is for me to keep waiting. I don’t want to rush you but..." He stopped and smiled over to Gui who stared at him blankly. “And you’re not even listening to me. Great, I have been talking to myself the entire time.”

 

Here she was, sitting and having dinner with her ex-boyfriend with no thoughts of getting married. And here he was, Qiu Sheng Yi was the boy that many girls dream about. Girls would kill to be in her place, sitting in front of him, candle-lit dinner with red roses. Sheng Yi has hit all the right places, everything was set up to be perfect, well, it is fairytale perfect. He can sweep every lady in the restaurant off their feet if he wanted too (well, I’m sure he did).

But it wasn’t the dinner that caught her attention, it wasn’t the ruby red roses, it isn’t the candle-lit dinner, everything about him has always been prefect. But he wasn’t hers. Qiu Sheng Yi and Gui Gui Wu Ying Jie belongs in the past, the past filled with wonderful memories and surprises that they both had, this dinner was a promise at a new beginning. She had no feelings left, she only has room for friendship and that is what she intends to give him.

 

So Sheng Yi smiled and offered his hand out, Gui placed her hand on top of his and looked at his never-ending prince-like face. When their hands touched, they both knew their time together has ended. There was never a part two to their relationship, but he did try his best but this is as far as he can go. “Smile Gui, I won’t be too happy if you end this dinner by dumping a bucket of ice over my head.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

(Play this video ^_______^)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ6JX_wGgWg&feature=related

credits: cawaiaaron (for sharing)

 

 

 

 

"There's a calm surrender to the rush of day..."

 

 

 

 

 

"Gui... Are you listening to me?"

Sheng Yi asked while Ying Jie eyes widen, this voice...it couldn't be...

When Gui paused to look over the room, he fell back and scanned the restaurant to see everyone looking at him in complete awe.

She turned around to see the light shining on the piano, it wasn’t hard to find where all the attention had gone too, how could someone ignore it when he has been given a stage like this?

His voice... whether it be if he was talking or singing, she could recognize his voice.

Within seconds, her eyes settled onto a beautiful white piano that produced the loveliest sound she had ever heard. Soon enough, she dropped her utensils down so that she can listen and watch him play.

 

 

 

Ya Lun... What are you doing here?

 

 

Aaron had his eyes closed, while his fingers danced with the keys on the piano. The way his fingers played the notes was breath-taking which has caught everyone's attention.

 

 

 

When the heat of a rolling wind can be turned away

An enchanted moment and it sees me through

It's enough for this restless warrior just to be with you

 

And can you feel the love tonight?

It is where we are

It's enough for this wide-eyed wanderer

That we got this far

 

And can you feel the love tonight?

How it's laid to rest

It's enough to make kings and vagabonds

Believe the very best

 

 

 

Aaron slowly opened his eyes and glanced at the one person who he had wished to see tonight.

When everyone’s eyes were on him, his eyes were on the one person he could see. She was simply breath-taking in her pink dress as he smiled, making this performance special. Aaron went back to his stage presence and continued playing the piano, pouring his heart and soul into this one performance.

 

 

There's a time for everyone if they only learn

That's the twisting kaleidoscope moves us all in turn

There's a rhyme and reason to the wild outdoors

When the heart of this star-crossed voyager beats in time with yours

 

And can you feel the love tonight?

[and it continues]

 

 

 

 

When he played the last note, everyone waited for the last note to ring through their ears before they applaud. As soon as the music stopped, he took his fingers off the piano and got up, thanking them as his gaze went towards Ying Jie.

"Gui..."

"Sorry Sheng Yi... I can’t do this any longer..."

She got up and ran out of the restaurant, leaving Sheng Yi speechless and hurt while he watched her leave. He was about to chase after her when Aaron ran past him, hoping that he catches her before she disappears again. Sheng Yi looked at the roses in the centre of the table, giving it one last glance before he runs after them.

 

 

"YING JIE!"

 

Aaron called out as she stopped running, standing outside where the ocean can be seen under the warm moonlight, she closed her eyes tightly, is this a dream?

At the same time when the wind blew gently past them, Ying Jie slowly turn around to face him. Making Ying Jie look stunning under the full moon as it shined brightly above them.

"Ying Jie." He whispered as he walked over to her, wanting to hold her in his arms. "Ya Lun..."

 

 

Flashback

A couple of years ago...

 

"Just trust me alright?"

 

His hands slowly touch her cheeks, caressing them gently as her eyes widen. Even though his eyes might not be able to see anything, his actions were there. Despite his eyesight, Ying Jie could only stare at his handsome face as she froze.

When his fingers had found her lips, he smiled.

"I—I—I like y—you."

He blurted out as he slightly blushed at his new profound courage. Ying Jie smiled as his hands retreated, not wanting to embarrass himself any further.

"I—I—If you d—don't like m—me, then p—p—please for—for—forget what I j—j—j—just said."

But it was too late, she had already leaned in and planted a kiss on his lips before pulling away.

"It's too bad that I can't forget it, since I feel the same way."

End of Flashback

 

 

 

As Aaron slowly walked over to her, she found herself crying underneath the moonlight. This was a picturesque moment and all she could do was cry in front of him. Everything was beautiful, it was romantic to the point someone would say it was scripted. But it wasn’t, there was no script, there was no cameras, no cuts and no NG’s, this was all done by the work of fate.

How ironic, she was standing in front of him like this. In the end, she laughed at herself for being head over heels in love with him, Aaron Yan Ya Lun.

 

"I still feel the same way."

She whispered quietly as the wind carried her words away.

 

 

 

In the beginning, she was learning how to love again.

Back then, she slowly opened her heart to love once more.

But there was no words to prove it.

 

Now, she can finally say the words 'I am in love with you’ to him.

 

 

 

Flashback

"Love." Lu Ting Wei chuckled before starting. "Is when you wish that person is beside you every day, when you see that person, your heart beats quickly like your running a long marathon."

 

-silence-

 

He looked over to see her reaction.” ’I love you.’ These words that only you can say, who would you say it to?”

End of Flashback

 

 

 

Gui, you have fallen too deep to fall out of love,

your heart does not belong to you anymore. It yearns for him now.

 

 

 

“I love you Gui, I love you like crazy.”