Chapter 34

Showing You Happiness

 

 

Ah Ben's part

 

"I don't get it, why are you helping me?"

Aaron asked while a crowd of people followed, stalking them as Ah Ben walked into a tailor suit shop.

 

 

Once they entered, the manager emptied the store and closed the doors behind them. Catching Aaron in a daze as he watch Ah Ben walk over to one of the sales lady.

"AH BEN! Why do you always call me last minute? Aren't you assistants suppose to be punctual?"

She asked, crossing her arms as she wore a grey pencil skirt, a white blouse, with a measurement tape around her neck. She sighed for a moment before stopping to feel a unfamiliar aura around her, she looked over Ah Ben to see the famous Aaron Yan. Before Ah Ben can introduce them, she has already made the move to do introduce herself so she quickly pushed Ah Ben aside to greet him.

"OH MY GOSHH~ AARON YAN! IT'S A PLEASURE TO MEET YOU!"

Aaron smiled as Ah Ben pulled her away, noticing that time was quickly ticking away, she scanned the racks, knowing that every suit will look dashing if he was the one wearing them.

While she searches around the store, Aaron walked over to Ah Ben, amazed at his connections.

"You emptied the store?"

"It can't be helped, that's how I like things to be handled. As an assistant, you kind of make a habit out of it, especially if you have a boss like Gui."

“Don’t listen to him, it’s not Gui that likes the store empty, it’s Ah Ben who loves the store all too himself.”

The shop’s assistant stated, pulling out box after another.

"You still haven’t answered me yet... Why are you helping me?"

Ah Ben chuckled, glancing at the suits as he smiled.

"I have known Ying Jie for a long time, believe it or not. When she came back, I felt like she lost her energy. At work, she would keep her mind focused on work. If it wasn’t work-related, it was useless because she made it clear to everyone that her mind will only process ‘business-related stuff.’ So she tries her best to bring her company to the top, amazingly done and brilliant timing at that! But she never seemed happy with it... There were times when she will skip meals, only relying on those vitamin pills! She's hardworking, that's for sure... So in other words, something was missing. Anyone would envy her but for those who truly care for her would know that this isn’t it, something was wrong. And sure enough, months later, she is slowing turning back to the Gui that everyone loves and knows!"

 

"HERE! TRY THESE ON!"

The lady returned, signalling Aaron to walk into the change room as she stood by Ah Ben, smiling like crazy. She barely has any customers that were famous so this was a bonus. The assistant stood next to the register, feeling happy that she won’t have to quit her job for a long time now.

"I'm so happpy I came to work today!"

"I wish you would've skipped."

Ah Ben flinched as she pinched him on the arm.

"Still working?" Ah Be nodded, it was still business hours. "Till midnight."

"TILL MIDNIGHT?! SHE IS MAKING YOU WORK HARD HUH?" Ah Ben chuckled, nodding his head approvingly.

"Gui cannot properly express herself so I am playing the honourable fairy godmother, but ONLY this once."

The girl smiled, nudging him.

"Gui Gui....is... so darn lucky!"

She sighed, now knowing that Aaron was off limits.

"Call me back once you make up your mind." She walked away, twirling the keys while humming one of the songs that Fahrenheit released.

Aaron walked out of the change room, not wanting to try on anything else.

"So what’s missing?"

Aaron asked as he studied his reflection. Ah Ben grabbed a plain black tie and handed it to him.

"Seriously? Don't tell me you don't know what's missing?"

Aaron chuckled as he took the tie from Ah Ben.

"Isn't that guy your friend?"

"Sheng Yi?"

Ah Ben nodded as Aaron continue to stare at his reflection, tying the tie together.

"I don't need to help him out. I have known Sheng Yi for a loooonnng time now, he always wanted to be independent after his coma, I figured that he wanted to take the easy road by taking over his families’ business. But that’s his choice, I have no right to say what he can and not do since it’s all up to him. So back to our situation, the reason why I am helping you even though Sheng Yi and I are friends is because I have a simple request. I will only demand one thing from you."

"And what's that?"

 

"I want to see Gui smile and I want a happily ever after, as an fairy godmother, I want an ending to be like an story book ending. ’And they loved happily ever after.’"

 

 

Ah Ben took out his keys as he called the lady back.

"ELLA! WE ARE DONE!"

"THERE'S NO NEED TO YELL! I AM RIGHT HERE!"

She yelled back to only smile happily at the handsome, Aaron Yan once again. When Aaron took his wallet out, showing his platinum credit card to Ella, Ella waved him off, suggesting that this will be for promotional purposes.

"Just to let you guys know, you might want to escape through the back door. I think the fans will break through the glass doors and eat Aaron alive."

"How about me?"

"Oh please! You’re not even good to look at, who in their right mind will go after you?"

"WHY YOU—"

She stuck her tongue, flicking his forehead as he winced in pain.

"For a girl, you sure hit like a man! You and Gui both!"

"Thanks for the beautiful compliment now hurry up. I'm sure Gui is suffering." She opened the back doors.

"I owe you one."

"I will make you repay me 100x worse! DON'T FORGET IT!"

While she watched them get into the car, she waved them off, wishing that everything would go well.

But before they sped off, Ella shouted, tossing something to Ah Ben. He caught it, smirking as he watched Ella send him death glares. She pointed over to Aaron, leaving Ah Ben flustered as he handed it over to him.

Cologne. A men’s best friend.”

Ah Ben cried out after Ella shouted it out seconds before he did.

 

 

 

{ xx }

 

 

Royal Cuisine

 

"Now you’re on your own."

 

Ah Ben shouted out happily as he glanced at Aaron who was surprised. He had lived in Taipei for so long but he never got to visit this place. This restaurant was high class, with excellent decor and people dressed fancy. By looking at the restaurant, he could see why Ah Ben wanted him to change.

"Don't tell me the Aaron Yan is getting nervous?"

Aaron ignored him as he got out of the car with Ah Ben walking beside him. He smiled happily at the smell of international cuisine smell that filled the place, he was in awe.

"And this is where you're going win her over~"

“Oh and before I forget, in a couple of hours will be Gui’s birthday. Being the president and all, she only keeps her mind focused on deadlines so I am 100% sure she won’t remember her birthday. So here is what I am going to have set up. After all, the job of the fairy godmother ends at the strike of midnight so I better make good use of time.”

Ah Ben winked as he let Aaron in on his surprise for Gui.

 

 

 

 

The receptionist glanced around the room, looking for an available table for these two but to his surprise, they were lucky that there was a table opened for them so he escorted them over. They had the opportunity to sit right next to the window that had the most beautiful view of all Taipei.

Indeed, Taipei's breath of beauty was at night.

 

 

 

Ah Ben scanned the menu, wondering what he should get as Aaron spotted Ying Jie and in an instant, his heart felt light. But when he saw the guy across from her, smiling like a prince, his heart hardened.

It was about time to order, a waiter walked up to them, asking what they were going to order. When Ah Ben stated what he wanted, he turned his attention to Aaron who was having cold sweats. The waiter looked at Aaron who was so absorbed in his own world then he looked back at Ah Ben.

When the waiter cleared his throat and Ah Ben kicked him in the knee, grabbing his attention as Aaron looked at him.

“I’ll have what he’s having.”

Aaron spoke as smoothly as he could. The waiter nodded walking away with their orders. “Here’s just a suggestion.” Ah Ben whispered after a moment of anxiety for Aaron, Ah Ben signalled Aaron to turn around to see a piano on the middle of floor, It was now or never.

 “Just a suggestion, that’s all.” Ah Ben lips curve into a smile. "You know what I mean right?"

Aaron nodded, grinning at Ah Ben's idea.

"Sometimes, doing little things can mean a lot. Are you going to give it a try?" 

When Ah Ben noticed a waiter walking towards them, he quickly called him over. Aaron glanced at the waiter and smiled, requesting something that only he can do.

"Hey, can my friend use..."

One of the waiter nodded, signalling Aaron to proceed. “And good luck to you Mister Aaron Yan, it’s time for this fantastic, fabulous and handsome no wait, beautiful~ fairy godmother to go and when I do, take the stage and own it not with your famous singer Aaron Yan self, but as a boy who is confessing his love for a girl. Although it might sound embarrassing to hear these words come out of my lips but this fairy godmother knows what’s in style and trust me, girls oohh~ and ahh~ over these things. I, for one do not know why but they love corny, cheesy and cliché things like this. But Gui is a girl and I am sure she falls under that category as well.”

 

Ah Ben patted him on the shoulder and left Aaron at the table.