Chapter 3

Showing You Happiness

 

 

WU CO.

 

"What do you mean you lost her?" The man staring at the window suddenly turning his focus towards his men, wanting to know how they failed this time. "She's just a girl." He whispered as he looked at his men.

"We were about to catch her but when we turned around a corner, she was nowhere to be seen." The man rubbed his temples, exhausted of how the results are always the same.

"I got it, you can leave now."

He stated as the guards nodded, leaving his office. The man turned back to the window, staring out into the city. His daughter and he never had time to look out at the magnificent below him for awhile. Time sure passes fast when you think it goes by slowly.

 

But now, there's barely enough time.

 

It has been four years since she ran away, for four years, he wished that she would return back, take over the company and become the rightful heir to his empire was one of his lists of to do's.

"I wonder how much longer I will have to wait for you to come back." He whispered as his secretary walked into the room.

"Pardon my intrusion Mr. Wu, but we need to make our way to the meeting. All the board members have already been seated, so we are awaiting for your arrival president." He stated as the man named Mr. Wu nodded, heading down to the meeting.

 

 

{ xx }

 

Wu Ying Jie's part

"You h-haven't answered m-me." Ying Jie looked at him, wondering what he was talking about.

"Why did y-you save me ye-yesterday?"

 

 Flashback

The boy named Ya Lun held onto her sleeve, forcing her to turn around.

"T– T– Thank y– you."

"For what?"

"For s– saving me back t-there."

"I didn't do it for you."

"Then why d– did you do i– it?"

End of Flashback

 

"Because I hate it when people start judging others, assuming that they are different than others."

Ying Jie sighed as she looked up at the sky, feeling relaxed enough to fall asleep.

"Thank you."

"Instead of introducing yourself, I hear you say thank you a lot." His lips slowly crept into a smile, feeling the sun dancing on his skin gracefully.

 

 

{ xx }

 

When she was walking Ya Lun back into his room, she could feel her heartbeat increasing rapidly as she stopped and clenched onto her heart, wishing that it will stop. Her breathing became uneven as one hand held onto the wall. Ya Lun gasped as he tried to calm her down, despite his ability to see, he could still do anything else. He tried to place his hands on her shoulders but by the time he finally found her shoulder, she had already calmed down.

"A–A–A–Are you o-o-okay?" He asked, sounding worried about her well-being. She slowly regained her conscious as she stood up straight, but even though her breathing had ceased, her heartbeat kept it's pace.

"Don't worry about me, I'm fine." she stated as she kept walking.

After a couple of steps, she stops and stares at the room beside her. Ya Lun heard her steps slow down as he stopped, wondering what she was doing.

"Y–Y–Ying J–Jie...?" He asked as she kept looking at the person in the room, wondering how long it would take for him to wake up and look at the world behind these walls.

She was about to go back to Ya Lun when she heard a voice behind her, coming closer and closer to her like a hurricane. A voice that she knew she never thought she would hear... but she knew what would happen if their paths cross.

 

Ying Jie was going to run but someone called her out.

"Ying Jie..." Someone whispered as everyone around them froze, not believing what he just said.The girl beside him turned to meet the girl in front of them, her hair was shorter but she was still the same girl they had met years ago.

"Wu Ying Jie." The girl repeated after her friend as Ying Jie slowly turned around, facing them.

"It's been a long time, how have you been?" She asked, walking closer to Ying Jie, but Ying Jie wanted to keep a distance between them so she slowly backed away. The girl knew that she would behave like this so she stopped and smiled.

 

Flashback

The girl felt a slap on her cheeks as they quickly reddened, she clenched her teeth and fists as hard as she can so that she wouldn't feel any pain. But the pain was too much to bare and she knew it, this was the truth.

"GET OUT! I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU HERE! IF YOU DARE TO STEP FOOT IN HERE, YOU WILL REGRET IT!"

 

It's her.... Amanda Zhou.

End of Flashback

 

Amanda Zhou and Wu Jing Yie weren't always like this, there was a time when they were good friends. They were almost like best friends back in high school and college. However, once freshmen year had started, things started to change. Slowly, one at a time. Starting with minor arguments, which turned into one big drama. Their friendship has reached to an level that damaged their trust and loyalty.

During that time, one person who had an influence on them was the campus’s very own, prince. Qiu Sheng Yi.

Qiu Sheng Yi was every girl's ideal guy. He was nice, cute, and honest. Qiu Sheng Yi knew Ying Jie through their business classes so they have the opportunity to become friends. But like always, their friendship took a slight turn into something that Amanda Zhou got jealous off, and that was becoming a couple.

To this day, they haven't been able to contact one another.

 

 

"Are you going to visit him?" The man beside Amanda was Li Quan.

She hesitated for a moment before making up her mind, "No."

"Ying Jie." Amanda yelled out as she slapped her once again, causing everyone to gasp in surprise. Despite seeing each other after 4 years since the incident, Amanda cannot control her anger that was constantly building up time after time.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?" Ya Lun shouted out as Amanda turned her attention to the bystander, who tried to keep his nose out of their business but once he heard the slap, his blood started to boil.

"And who is he?" She whispered to Ying Jie as she stepped in front of Ya Lun, but Ying Jie blocked her by stepped in between them.

"Please don't do this now. I am going to go now, it was nice to see you both again." She whispered lightly to Li Quan as she glanced at Amanda.

"Gui..." Li Quan called out as she turned around, not wishing to face them.

"Come and visit him." He stated as Amanda glared at him in disbelief. Ying Jie grabbed Ya Lun's hand and continued walking back to his room.