Chapter 5

Showing You Happiness

 

 

The sun peaked into her curtains, brightening the room in an instant. This was the day that she would relieve herself from all the tension and have the strength to finally move on. She snatched the keys off the counter before taking a good glance at their apartment for the last time.

"Goodbye." She whispered as she looked at the trashcan that was filled with memories of them before locking the door behind her.

 

Wu Ying Jie walked into the flower shop, wanting to buy flowers.

"Welcome! How may I help you today?" The florist greeted the customer happily as Ying Jie smiled, looking at the various flowers around her, this was certainly out of her knowledge.

"What flowers represents love, a fresh new start? or get well?" Ying Jie asked as the florist looked around the store, hoping to find ones that are suited towards her order.

"I would suggest roses."

"Roses?" She nodded, walking to the area with all the beautiful roses.

"The red one symbolizes, love, beauty, courage and respect."

"While whites symbolizes purity and innocence, silence or secrecy."

"How about the yellow ones?" Gui asked, she didn’t know why but she was attracted to them.

"Joy, gladness, friendship, delight, and a promise at a new beginning."

YIng Jie nodded, pointing to the three flowers. "Can you make it look pretty?" The florist nodded, smiling happily as she wrapped everything she requested into one bouquet. "With one single red rose in the middle." She added as the florist nodded, doing whatever her customer requested.

"Thank you." Ying Jie stated as she walked out of the shop, heading to the hospital.

 

 

{ xx }

 

While she was walking, she stopped and looked at the display for shoes.

 

Flashback

Just when Ya Lun was about to fall, she  caught him just in the nick of time before he fell flat on his face.

"You’re always falling whenever we meet." She stated as Ying Jie stared at his shoes, as she laughed before bending down, helping him tie his shoe laces.

"No wonder your falling everywhere, it's because these shoe laces are not tied properly."

End of Flashback

 

The type of sneakers that were on display had no shoe laces on them. Ying Jie had no idea what she was thinking about or why she was getting them, but she got them. 

"Friends... Just friends." She reassured herself as she made her way to the hospital.

 

 

{ xx }

 

When Gui stepped in front of the room, her hand froze on the door, contemplating on whether or not to open it or not.

 

Flashback

"Gui..." Li Quan called out as she turned around, not wishing to face them.

"Come and visit him." He stated as Amanda glared at him in disbelief.

"What? Visit? Have you forgotten who made him like this?" She roared as Li Quan grabbed onto her arm, preventing her from doing anything she would regret in the future.

Li Quan signalled Gui to go before it gets any worse, and she did.

"You must be crazy."

End of Flashback

 

When she saw him laying there, her eyes begun to fog up, blocking her vision, hoping to stop her from crying anymore, she wiped those tears off with her sleeve. With her remaining energy and strength to smile, she slowly walked over beside him, gently placing the flowers in the empty vase.

She slowly reached for his hand, it has been a long time since she had felt his hand. Ying Jie had forgotten how his hands felt like, just touching his hands was like how it was in the beginning. Full of trust and warmth.

How have you been? Qiu Sheng Yi?