Chapter 4

Showing You Happiness

 

“Gui...”

“Sorry, I will apologize on their behalf. It must’ve been a huge shock to you. They don’t normally act like this but I guess this is what happens when I left them.”

When Ying Jie placed Ya Lun down on his bed, she was about to walk back out when he held her back. Her eyes widen as she turned to look at him, surprised at what he just did. He signalled her to sit down beside him as she did, she kept her eyes on him as he turned his body. He slowly lifted his hands to meet her face, wiping the tears that was on her face. When they left Amanda and Li Quan, Ya Lun was silent since he heard someone crying beside him. His guess was right, but he didn't have the courage to stop and interfere at that moment.

 

It was none of his business to interfere.

 

"Don't cry." He whispered as Ying Jie laughed, pretending to not know what he was talking about.

"Who's crying? I wasn't crying." She asked stubbornly as he chuckled, knowing what she was trying to do. He was starting to understand her a little more.

"They called you Gui... as in ghost?!" Ying Jie laughed, recalling how they gave her that nickname back then.

"Interested in how I got that name?" He nodded as Ying Jie walked over to the window before continuing.

"When I was still friends with everyone, I would randomly pop out of nowhere, scaring them badly. Thus, earning the nickname ‘ghost’." she smiled, the memory in her mind was still fresh and innocent. Ya Lun nodded, recalling this morning how she randomly showed up to save him.

"I see... but can I call you that?" Ying Jie sighed, not knowing how to respond to it.

"It's okay if you don’t want me too, I can just call you by your real name!"

"No, it's not that. You see, no one calls me that anymore. The fact that I just heard it now brings back memories, but I won't stop you if you want to call me that since you asked. So if you want to call me that, I'll grant you permission."

 

Ya Lun nodded, feeling happy at their sudden friendship. He was about to ask her something else when someone knocked on the door. Dr. Lu came into the room with his clipboard, looking one last look at his paper before looking up. Only to find Ying Jie and Ya Lun smiling.

"I must be interrupting something." He asked, looking directly at Ying Jie who glared at him.

"Take care Ya Lun." She said, getting ready to leave when he called out to her. "Bye Gui." He blurted out as she closed the door, leaning against the wall, surprised.

"B–bye G–G–Gui..." She repeated the same words over and over again, as she slowly lift her hands to feel her heartbeat.

“Can't be...” She whispered as her heart began to flutter.

 

 

{ xx }

 

As Gui left the room, Dr. Lu stared at the two weirdly but he cleared his throat.

"You guys seem to be good terms... have you met a new friend?" He asked as Ya Lun nodded, smiling like an idiot as Dr. Lu smirked, hearing him call Ying Jie, Gui was enough to confirm his questions.

"I just came to check up on you, do you have any pains or problems?" Ya Lun shook his head.

"That's good. Are you ready for the surgery?"

"Yes, I am." Dr. Lu brow's arched as Ya Lun smile turned into a frown.

"But I have n–no m–m–m–money... I–I–I can't a–a–a–f–f–ord it"

"You don't need to worry about that. I could pay for it and when you are fully recovered, you can pay me back, does that sound okay?"

"I–I–I don't want t–t–to bother you."

"Why don’t you concentrate on getting better." Dr. Lu stated as Ya Lun became silent once again. A huge part of him never wanted others to worry about him, but with the state that he's in, it was hard for others not to worry or pity him.

 

 

{ xx }

 

Wu Ying Jie's part                                                                                                                  

She walked slowly up her the steps to her apartment, these days have been suffocating for her. Being and living in the same place for the last 4 months has been hurting her like needle.

She dropped the keys on the counter, making her way to her bedroom, pulling out a big box of stuff that held great importance to her.

Things that belonged to her and Qiu Sheng Yi.

 

She carried the box over to the living room, hoping to go through them once again. She took out an DVD and put it in the play, as time passes by, so did the memories of her and Qiu Sheng Yi.

 

 

{ xx }

 

Ying Jie lost track of time since the memories with her and Qiu Sheng Yi took so long to go though. It took all of her strength to withstand everything, crying, laughing, and smiling from here to there. How could anyone go through those memories again?

Picking up the giant stuff animal that was on her bed, she stared at its wooden eyes.

 

Flashback

"YAYY! YOU FINALLY WON IT!" He handed her the stuff animal that his girlfriend had her attention on the entire time.

"You like it?"

"I LOVE IT!" She yelled out as she hugged the stuff animal in her arms.

"Aw, more than me? Your boyfriend? Maybe you should have that stuff animal as your boyfriend! NO WAIT! This would be sooo embarrassing to hear my girlfriend dump me for an teddy bear!"

He frowned as she tapped the animal on his cheek before placing her lips on his cheeks.

"Too bad I prefer my girlfriend kisses more." Qiu Sheng Yi smiled handsomely as he planted a kiss on her cheeks.

"Now whenever your lonely and I'm not by your side, this will be Qiu Sheng Yi number two." He stated as Gui Gui nodded, loving the idea instantly.

"I love you." He whispered as she stared at him.

"I love you more." She whispered before leaning in, giving him another kiss.

End of Flashback

 

"I am lonely... But you’re not by my side anymore."

She stared at the animal in her hands, her eyes started tearing up.

 

 

Flashback

"GUI, CAN YOU COME IN FOR A MINUTE?" Gui Gui dropped the shirt that she was trying to stitch as she walked into the room where Qiu Sheng Yi was calling from.

When she pulled the door, he was standing there with a birthday hat, with a cake all lit up.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to my baby Gui, happy birthday to you~" Gui Gui blew out the candles quickly before the wax melts onto the cake.

"Happy birthday." He stated as Gui Gui gave him a great big bear hug.

"Oh, and your present..." He cleared his throat before pointing to the stuff animal he got Gui at the festival.

"He stole it!" She laughed at his childish actions.

End of Flashback

 

 

Ying Jie tapped the animal's nose, laughing at all the memories that this little one had endured. "Maybe it's time."