Chapter 7

Showing You Happiness

 

 

Wu Ying Jie's part

Ying Jie hopped out of the car, glancing at the mansion in front of her. Even though she hasn't been able to step foot in this house for four years, she was still familiar with the interior. The guards led her up to her father's office where he stood by the window with his hands folded behind his back.

Once the guards closed the door behind them, it was just her father and her in the room.

 

When the father heard the door close, he slowly turned around to see his daughter, a smile slowly appeared on his face. A smile that says a million things but she knew that there was a catch, there always was. He looked at his beautiful daughter, recalling her angelic features.

"Welcome home, Wu YIng Jie." He opened his arms, walking over to her to embrace her.

"Hi daddy." She whispered as she hugged him as well.

"Are you ready to come live with daddy now?"

"No." He pulled away, walking back to his desk where all his papers and files were scattered across the table.

"What do you mean? I already gave you 4 years of freedom, I think 4 years is plenty of time for you to clear your mind! Every time I go looking for you, you always manage to escape each time. Why don't you listen to your father? Come back and inherit the company, its where you belong Wu Ying Jie."

"It's still too early."

"Wrong, it's the right time."

Not wanting to have this discussion she was going to walk away, "I’ll be leaving now, it's nice to see you father." 

"You once went against your father for that Sheng Yi kid, do you want to keep going through this endless cycle? That kid has been in a coma for far too long. Other people can wait, but my patience is thin."

Ying Jie started walking towards the door, not wanting to discuss her business to him.

 

 

"While we are on this subject, that kid... Yan Ya Lun was it?" He held up a folder that might have all of his information he ordered someone to look into. Knowing that her father had managed to get into her weak spot makes her vulnerable, he was a person that gets what he wants, at any costs.

 

 

She knew that.

 

Ying Jie stopped and faced his father, knowing that this battle was going to go one way, his way.

 

 

{ xx }

 

 

At the hospital.

"I heard that you saw your father today."

Ying Jie nodded, placing the rim of the cup up to her lips.

"So how long this time?"

"Two weeks. When two weeks are up, I will go back."

Lu Ting Wei chuckled as he stared at her, wishing that he was a mind-reader that could read whatever she's thinking in that tiny brain of hers.

"Stop staring, this is the first step to becoming a creep."

"I just can't help it, my little friend is so attractive nowadays."

She scoffed, knowing that his player remarks cannot be controlled. So instead, she rolled her eyes, ignoring his jokes as playful ones.

"OH! Am I over thinking things due to the lack of sleep but I saw Ya Lun wearing new shoes today. There was a smile on his face the entire time, could it be...?"

He looked over at Ying Jie as she kept her happiness hidden.

"You clearly need sleep. Go back inside and wake up from your crazy delusions." She yelled out as he fixed his hair, watching his friend toss the cup into the bin before going in.

"What's the point of hiding it when I already know the truth?"

 

 

Flashback

"New shoes? Where did you get them?" Dr. Lu was walking around the hospital, trying to recover from his exhaustion as he sat on the bench. Recalling an weird call earlier from Ying Jie.

"WHAT! I'M TIRED TO THE BONES AND YOUR GOING TO—"

"Tell me Yan Ya Lun's shoe measurement."

"I'M TIR—WHAT? YOU WANT WHAT?"

"Give me his measurements."

"FOR SHOES?"

"FINE! Don't give them to me then, some friend you turned out to be." She cursed.

"FINE! I'LL TEXT IT TO YOU LATER."

"NOW." She demanded before hanging up. Geez, what was the rush? It's not like the world was ending.

 

{ xx }

 

"Oh Mr. Yan, those are nice shoes." The nurse complimented as she blushed at the sight of him, Ya Lun smiled, accepting that compliment, while she went back to her stats reports.

Lu Ting Wei looked at his new shoes that magically appeared.

"The nurse wasn't kidding, those are nice shoes." He told Ya Lun as he thanked him.

 

 

And that was when everything was coming together like an puzzle.

End of Flashback

 

Ting Wei chuckled, finishing the last drop of coffee left.

Silly girl, that's one way of saying 'I like you'.

 

 

{ xx }

 

"H—H—How could you b—b—buy me such ex—ex—ex—expensive shoes?" Ya Lun asked as he heard the estimated cost of his shoes that Ying Jie gave him.

" I originally wanted to buy them for a friend but he said that he already had the exact pair. So instead of throwing them away, I choose to give it you since it should keep you from falling and now, you have new shoes!"

 She looked at the shoes, giggling to herself before looking up at him.

"So... do you like them?"

"I-I love them." He stated as he smiled, wishing that he doesn't have to take them off.

"Well that's good, I am relieved to hear that you like them."

"But Gui, w—w—who was that g—g—guy earlier? That man sounded... weird."

 

And the question finally popped out.

 

"Oh, he was just wondering where the information desk was, no need to worry. I told you that I will be okay didn't I?" She asked as he gave her no response.

"But you c—c—could've told him, w—w—why did you t—tell him to w—wait out—outside and w—who is this M—Master person and what run—runaway? A—A—Are you planning on running away?"

 

 When the time comes, she will have too.

 

Ying Jie faintly smiled, sitting next to him.

"I told you not to worry about me. Don't you trust me?" He shook his head, refusing to draw a conclusion so soon.

"Just trust me alright?"

His hands slowly touch her cheeks, caressing them gently as her eyes widen. Even though his eyes might not be able to see anything, his actions were there. Despite his blindness, Ying Jie could only stare at his handsome face as she froze.

When his fingers had found her lips, he smiled.

"I—I—I like y—y—you."

 

 

 

On the other side...

Li Quan sat down on the bed beside Qiu Sheng Yi while he glanced at the flowers on the vase, arranged to please the eye as his lips curve into a smile.

"She came to visit you, you must be happy."

 

He whispered as he got up, wanting to go to the restroom.

He was ready to leave the room until the heartbeat monitor began beeping louder and louder. He quickly rushed back to check any sign of movement, he quickly pressed the button that calls for a doctor to check his status.

Completely forgetting what he was going to do earlier, he stood back to let the professionals handle this.

Happiness overwhelmed him as he thanked the heavens.

 

Welcome back buddy.

 

 

 

Wu Ying Jie's part

"I—I—I like y—y—you." He blurted out as he slightly blushed at his new profound courage. Ying Jie smiled as his hands retreated, not wanting to embarrass himself any further.

"I—I—I—If you d—d—don't like m—me, then p—p—please for—for—forget what I j—j—j—just said!"

But it was too late, she had already leaned in and planted a kiss on his lips before pulling away.

"It's too bad that I can't forget it, since I feel the same way." 

 

 

 

 

 

............................................................................
 
 [A/N] 
So this story is my first guilun story I ever wrote! 
I just want to express my gratitude for everyone who is reading "showing you happiness" so far!