Chapter 10

Showing You Happiness

 

The words ‘he woke up’ rang through her head like crazy.

 

Unexpectedly, the glass cup she was holding dropped to the floor as Ya Lun gasped, wondering if she was hurt or not. Ying Jie stared at the broken glass, she had been out of it lately.

All she could think of was the sudden announcement: he’s back.

She smiled, assuring Ya Lun that it was okay before she bent down to pick it up. When she picked up one small shard which pierced through her skin , causing it to bleed. Being careful not to make such a big deal of it, she stood up, wanting to get a tissue when Ya Lun sensed her worries, he took her hand and put it into his mouth, not wanting to waste any blood. Her eyes widen as he wrapped a tissue over her finger.

"From now on, I'll take care of you. So please, talk to me."

Ying Jie slowly wrapped her arms around him, not knowing what to do.

 

Lu Ting Wei might be right... what am I going to do when two weeks are up?

 

 

She pulled away and took a look at Ya Lun's face, I'm going to miss this the most.  She lightly pinched his nose and smiled happily.

"W—W—W—What was t—t—that for?" He asked, touching nose.

"I’m going to wish you luck." She simply said, making it up on the spot. "In the next couple of days, I will be going away for awhile." His smile faded away, not getting what was going on.

"Wh—Wh—What? W—W—Why?"

"I'm going to visit my family." She can't believe she straight-out lied to him, she didn’t want to lie... not like this.

"I'm sorry... It's sudden." she whispered as she felt his hands holding hers.

"H—How l—long will y—you take?"

"I'm not sure. But can you promise me something?"

"When I'm gone, can you do the surgery and recover?" He slowly nodded, wishing that she could stay with him through this process. "Dr. Lu will take care of you when you’re gone so do we have a deal?"

She asked as he faintly smiled, sticking up his pinkie finger. Without any hesitation, she linked her pinkie with his and promised him. "C—Come back s—s—soon."

"Just get better Ya Lun." She whispered as he nodded. Just when she knows enough about him, she sighed, figuring out that she doesn't know him as well as she knew it.

"Say... Ya Lun..."

"Y—Yes?"

"Do you mind if I ask you a question?" She asked as he smiled, wanting her to proceed.

"Were you born with this? I mean, being blind that is." He became quiet for a moment before saying anything.

"N—N—No, I wasn't b—b—born with it." He chuckled as he recalled his memories.

"I was a singer under CLO entertainment, I wanted to become a singer. I know, it's silly. But after 3 months of knowing this girl, I liked her. But she cheated on me, I only found out from one of my band mates who saw her with another guy. I knew about this for awhile but I didn't want to admit. The stubborn me was so caught up in my singing career and it came time to choose only one.

This one night, I wanted to give her one last chance to explain things properly. But when I was turning, another car ran into me, and that's how I got my blindness. Soon after, my entertainment knew about it, they wanted to cut me off. But being the stubborn me, I said okay and walked away. But one manager from another company handed me their business card, telling me to recover and join them. They even introduced me to a doctor, I was grateful to them. I remember that day, I lost everything... I had nothing, I am nothing."

He suddenly recalled his first meeting with the girl named Wu Ying Jie.

 

 

What would he do if he knew that she was different? The Wu Ying Jie he knew was different from the actual Wu Ying Jie. Would he still love her the same way?

 

 

"I think it's time to go to sleep." He was about to complain but he figured that she was had been accompanying him for the entire day already.

She must be exhausted.

"Thank you... for telling me." She whispered as she kissed him on the forehead. “One more question, I promise. Last one!” Ya Lun smiled, nodding as he waited for her question. “Can you give me one reason why you want to do this? The surgery I mean...”

There was a pause before Ya Lun said anything. But when he said his reason, Ying Jie felt a strong stab to her heart as she felt herself sink into mud.

“I want to be able to give you happiness.”

So without any retorts, he laid down. "And goodnight Gui~"  She pulled the blanket over him before she picked up her stuff and walked out. "...Goodnight Ya Lun..."

 

 

Lu Ting Wei leaned against the wall with his hands in his pockets. Tonight he can finally go back home and sleep. After working long hours, unable to go home to freshen up, he could safely say that he almost reached his limits.

Once Ying Jie closed the door, he smiled, dangling his keys in front of them as she smirked.

"Not going clubbing?" She asked as he shook his head, messaging his neck.

"Nah, I’m going home and sleep. The surgeries have given me so much pressure, so all I want to do is to go to sleep in my big fluffy bed!"

They were walking towards the elevators when she stopped, looking at the room labelled Qiu Sheng Yi. Ting Wei knew that Gui was no longer beside him. So he turned around only to find Ying Jie staring at the glass window.

‘first she left Qiu Sheng Yi... now she has to leave Ya Lun... what exactly is she doing?’

“I don’t think love and I make a good match... What is it about me? It’s like love was standing in front of me for a short time and then leaves the door open for the nightmare to come in...”

She remained quiet as she studied his expression, wondering why his expression looks lost. Ting Wei always has a talent for knowing when to joke and when not to, but at this moment, Ying Jie didn’t know what he was thinking of or if he was going to make a joke. He was expressionless.

“Maybe your timing isn’t right. Some people find love with a snap of their finger while some wait for their time to come. Just like medical patients, some of them take a short time to get rid of, like a cold or fever while some take a long time, like heart illness. Your time will come soon.” He whispered softly as he ruffled his hair.

"Now let's go. I can’t wait to sleep! You don’t mind if you drive right? I don’t want to drive in this state." He whispered as she walked back to him, snapping her into reality.

"Are you going to regret your decision Miss. Ying Jie Wu?"

"No." She elbowed him in the stomach as they walked into the elevator together before he handed her the keys to his car.

“You should know what caffeine does to your body! You’re a doctor for goodness sake!” Ying Jie hit his arm as the elevator doors close.

 

 

{ xx }

 

So during the last days, she spend her time with Ya Lun. Enjoying her freedom with him before the given time is up. She made sure to do things that wouldn't limit Ya Lun too much and still have fun.

it seemed like they had known each other for years, they both couldn't have forgotten how much fun it was with just the two of them.

 

Seconds turned into minutes, minutes turned into hours.

As time passed, it was time for Ya Lun to go into surgery.

 

 

 

Ying Jie sat down, praying that the surgery would be an success.

"Miss. We are here to bring you back."

"Just let m—" Before she knew it, the two guys lifted her up, carrying her on their shoulder and walked out of the hospital calmly.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING? LET ME DOWN THIS INSTANT!" She shouted out, moving around constantly as they placed her into the car before driving off.

"WHAT ARE—"

"Our deepest apologize miss, but Mr. Wu has ordered to take you whether or not you like it. As long as you come with us, he won’t do anything else. All he wishes is for your safe return back home."

“You’ve got to be kidding... He’s getting more and more forceful as time goes by. What happened to playing with rules? All I wanted was to see him one last time... was that so hard to ask for?”

She turned around and glance at the view of the hospital getting further and further away from her. Soon, it will all be a memory, a distant one