Chapter 33

Showing You Happiness

 

 

Aaron Yan's part

 

"What are you scared off? She came here to see you, confessed her love only to find you pushing her straight into another man’s arms! It is hard for a girl to confess, let alone, gather courage to do so! This is why guys like you give other guys a bad rep!"

Wu Chun crossed his arms while Aaron sighed, feeling at ease when he felt a weight has finally left his shoulder. But another stack of weight landed on his shoulders, pulling him further down.

 

 

"Aaron. Do you love her?"

 

-silence-

 

 

"Is she the one who takes your breath away? Like.. How do you say it... uhh... like every time she's in front of you, you want to embrace her? When she cries, your heart starts hurting like someone is ripping out of your chest? Have you ever had these feelings? Like.. This unbearable pain that no matter how hard you try to get it to leave, it just wouldn’t go away... This uncontrollable pain that you don’t know how it got there or what to do with it?"

Jiro asked as Calvin and Wu Chun glanced at him, finding it surprising how Jiro can talk so heart-felt. Jiro quickly sensed what they were thinking off so he smacked them on the head while Aaron stared blankly at the black and white keys on the piano.

"If you're not going, I will and become her prince charming!"

Jiro shouted out as Wu Chun and Calvin laughed, the old Jiro had returned.

"If you do feel those things, you should face her like a man. Tell her how you feel so that I don't have to face this gloomy, dying Aaron in front of me, it will be a pain to talk to you let alone be beside you."

The Fahrenheit members nodded, slowly moving away from him as they did some stretches.

 

 

How can I break a promise that I made? Promises are made to be kept, not broken.

 

But how long are going to keep lying to yourself Aaron Yan Ya Lun?

 

Which was more important, keeping a promise or watching the girl who I love belong to someone else?

 

 

 

Aaron stared at the door to see the dance instructor walking into the room, telling everyone to get ready as he prepared everything.

 

 

Flashback

When he walked into the room, he felt like the whole world stopped.

His eyes widen as she wore a pink dress made her look tall and slender, if he wasn't stubborn, he could grab hold of her, preventing any guys from getting near or getting a peek at his girl. But he made a promise that he couldn't break. He can’t.

 

 

She was beautiful, too beautiful to be described with mere words.

 

She probably doesn’t know it but she could stop the world if she wanted to.

 

She was the angel that he knew he always wanted and yearn for.

 

 

 

Before he can react, she wrapped her arms around him, hugging him, not wanting to let him go as he struggled with himself.

 

 

Why are you making this hard for me?

 

 

 

"I'm going on a date with Sheng Yi..."

When he felt her eyes on him, his heart begin to break into pieces.

"Oh? Then I wish you luck, I hope everything goes well for you."

 

 

But deep inside, he was hurting.

 

 

"Aren't you going to stop me from going?"

 

He is going to punch himself if he has to say it again.

 

"Isn’t this what you always wanted?"

When she left the room, Aaron punched the wall, fighting back the tears as he cursed himself for doing this to her.

 

End of Flashback

 

 

 

The rest of the Fahrenheit stared at him, wondering what he was doing still standing there like an idiot. When the dance instructor smiled, he walked in front of them, anxious to get started, calling everyone to the center so they can get started.

"Let's start! Everyon— Aaron Yan, get into—"

Without saying anything, Aaron grabbed the car keys and his jacket, running out of the room like the wind, he was there for a moment and vanished, leaving traces of his scent behind. When Aaron ran out of the room, it left the dance instructor speechless while Wu Chun, Calvin, and Jiro cheered loudly for him, jumping up and down like crazy hyenas as they spooked the dance instructor.

"GOOD LUCK!"

Jiro shouted out, hoping it was loud enough for Aaron to hear. Wu Chun was about to turn back around when Jiro cried out.

"MY CAR KEYS! HE TOOK MY CAR KEYS! MY PRECIOUS CAR! JUST LIKE THAT?!"

Calvin and Wu Chun laughed as they patted them on the shoulder.

"I'm sure your baby will come back, it's not like Aaron will drive it off a cliff."

"HEY! HEY! WATCH YOUR WORDS!"

Jiro shouted out as they turned to see the frustrated dance instructor, not having the slightest clue what was going on.

"Aaron just remembered he had something to do."

Wu Chun stated as he took out the schedule.

"He finally thought of the lyrics to the song Mr. Hsu wanted him to compose, so he won't be coming today. I can guarantee it."

The dance instructor sighed, there was nothing he could do except to train the three of them for now.

"Okay, I guess it can’t be helped, it will just be you three then." They nodded, starting their rehearsal with just the 3 of them.

 

 

 

{ xx }

 

 

 

Even Wu's part

On the way to the office, Ah Ben was quiet during the entire ride back but even if he didn’t say anything, she knew that he had millions of questions popping up in his head, about her, Aaron, Sheng Yi, everything.

"What is it? I know you are having a mental breakdown trying to put together the puzzle."

He got caught off guard as she smiled. "Is it okay to ask?" She nodded as he faced her.

"How do you know Aaron Yan? When did you two meet? How is it that I don't know about this? What happened to Sheng Yi? Isn't he your fiancé? Don't you love Sheng Yi? Aaron... I had no clue about this and I was your friend for so long! As one of your best and close friend! How can you keep this away from me?"

Ying Jie stared at him, not knowing how to begin her explanations.

"Ah Ben..."

He leaned back, dumb-founded at the sudden turn of events. He had always thought that Sheng Yi would be able to rekindle the flame but it never occurred to him how distant they were now. Sheng Yi and Gui... was his mind playing games with him now?

"I knew Ya Lun before Aaron.”

 

 

‘OH GREAT! First it was my mind playing games with me and now I’m hearing things that doesn’t make sense? Oh heavens, what have I done to offend you?!’

 

 

“I met him while Sheng Yi was still in a coma. I know Sheng Yi and I didn't officially end things properly but when he got into an accident, I began to see how much Amanda cared for him, she cared for him like the whole world was going to collapse. I guess I was just a fool for not seeing clearly, Amanda has always cared for him, and I felt myself drifting further from them. So when I was trying to forget Sheng Yi, I met a guy that viewed life like something he cherishes, no matter how bad things went for him, he always seem look on the bright side. Like a child, he was... innocent." 

She smiled, remembering how they met.

"In the end, I choose to leave Ya Lun. Like Sheng Yi, I left them both without confronting them. But sadly, no matter how many projects I pile up on my desk, it became harder and harder to not think about them, they will always pop up when I least expect it! At this point, I don’t blame anyone for the mistakes I made because I deserve it... I was the one who choose to leave without a proper goodbye..."

 

When the car stopped in front of the entrance to Wu Corp., Even smiled as she grabbed her pouch and opened the door, getting ready to walk out. But Ah Ben held onto her shoulders, preventing her from getting out.

"Go to him...  Aaron Yan."

"How could I? He rejected me."

"If you like him, then ditch this set-up and go for who you want to be with."

She was about to walk out when Ah Ben said something that made her think twice about her actions. But no matter how true his words might be, deep down, she knew she couldn’t bring herself to go back and go through all the things again. She tried to come clean about her feelings, her actions and what she did but Aaron didn’t want to hear it. How can she go back when Aaron doesn’t want to get back together?

 

 

Flashback

 

"Please leave."

 

He walked over to the door, opening it as a sign that he doesn’t want to talk to her anymore. “One last question,” She stared up at him, hoping to meet his eyes.

“When we were together at the vacation house, did you call me out only to play me? Tell me Ya Lun, did you approach me for revenge?”

 

End of Flashback

 

 

 

"Then do you want to be engaged to someone you don't want to be with for the rest of your life?"

"I..."

 

 

"Gui..."

 

She turned around to find Sheng Yi dressed in a tux while his eyes fell on her, amazed at how pretty she was. Of course, he always knew she was pretty but today, she was different. In the office, she was the strict and rule bounding Even Wu but seeing her in front of him, it reminded him of Gui/Ying Jie.

"Let's go."

He spoke out, dangling the keys in front of her while Ah Ben stood behind her. He knew that Gui was afraid of straying off the path but that’s what he wanted her to do. For her to create her own path, with courage, he wanted her to walk her own path. That way, she can find happiness along the way.

 

 

"Have fun Ying Jie."

Mr. Wu said as he walked out with a big smile plastered on his face with Mr. Qiu.

"Your fiancé just came, what are you waiting for?"

Mr. Wu told Ying Jie as she looked over to see Sheng Yi opening the door like how a gentlemen would treat ladies. Everyone turned to look at Ying Jie who was frozen, not wanting to move. Was this right?

It wasn’t until Sheng Yi held onto her hand, giving her support as she stepped into the car. Once she was in the car, everyone who was watching the lovebirds rekindle their bond, watched in envy or happiness as the car drove away.

"Looks like we are one step forward!"

Mr. Wu grinned as he signalled Mr. Qiu inside for a cup of tea. Leaving Ah Ben standing there, not knowing what to do. So he sighed, closing the door to the car and slowly made his way inside.

 

 

 

Vrooom, vroooommm, vvrrroooom

 

 

Ah Ben stopped and turned around to see a beautiful sports car park just outside the company's entrance, Ah Ben lips curve into a smile as he traced it’s beautiful silhouette with his eyes, wondering who this car belonged to. He was about to examine the car further but he stopped and stared at the man who came out, revealing himself. He had his sunglasses on but despite his stylish appearance, Ah Ben knew know it was.

 

 

He looks familiar... who is—

 

 

 

"AARON!"

He ran over to him, excited to see him.

"Where's Ying Jie?"

He asked, suddenly running out of breath.

"You just missed her, she got into the car with Sheng Yi!"

"Where are they going?"

"Royal Cuisine."

Aaron nodded as he ran over to his car, but Ah Ben stopped him.

"WAIT! You cannot go into the restaurant looking like that, let's go and get you a change of clothes so that you fit in."

Aaron looked at his clothes, he was wearing white v-neck shirt under his leather jacket and his favourite pair of jeans. "What's wrong with it?"

"Mr. Yan, you are planning on ambushing a high class restaurant, the least you could do is dress the part."

"Wh—"

Ah Ben took his car keys and smiled, pushing him away from the driver seat. "I'll be your fairy godmother but only just this once."

Ah Ben smiled happily as he got into the car, while Aaron stood there, still wondering about what was wrong about his clothes.

"MR. AARON YAN! THE LONGER YOU STAND THERE, THE HARDER IT WOULD BE FOR Y—"

Aaron quickly hopped into the car, urging him to start driving while Ah Ben smirked, putting his sunglasses on.

"Now that's more like it."