Chapter 15

Showing You Happiness

 

He was none other than the infamous, Qiu Sheng Yi.

 

 

‘Sorry that I kept it away from you Gui... it's just that that brat tortured me to give him this opportunity.’ Ah Ben leaned against the wall, breathing in and out before going back to the world of Wu corp.

 

 

 

{ xx }

 

 

"Are you here to discuss bus—"

She stiffened as he embraced her, catching her off-guard.

They have been apart for 6 years, these 6 years he had been reviewing his father's business plans so it was hard to peel himself away from all the projects that his father’s company has given him. But if he said that he hasn't been thinking about Gui, he would be lying to himself.

 

"I miss you."

He whispered, no matter how much Even wanted to pull away, in the inside, she couldn't do it.

"I'm sorry Mr. Qiu, when we are in the office, it’s strictly about business."

He managed to recompose himself from the shock as he smiled, stepping back to give one another space.

"Why do you want to become one of the shareholders and business? With Wu CO? From what I understand, your company is doing quite fine."

"On the business perspective, I want to strengthen our goals."

"Goals?" He chuckled, pulling out a file from his case.

"My goal is to create an innovative yet, eco-friendly design that will shape the whole design world. While yours is to provide comfort and a friendly environment where your customers will feel welcomed and comfortability. Of course, our design team has different perspective that attends to every individual personally but I believe different opinions will bring out the best results don’t cha think so? So will you accept this deal and work with the Qiu industry?"

Even crossed her arms, going through the possible pros and cons in her mind.

 

"I'll leave the plan here, don’t make me wait for too long. 6 years is enough, I don’t think I can wait any longer."

He placed the document on the table as he walked towards the door.

"And if we were talking about my goal..." He said as he turned around to look at Gui.

"I want you back... by my side..." 

 

 

Even heavily breathed in and out as she leaned back in her chair.

It has been 2 years since she had last seen him. A lot has changed...

 

She picked up the proposal from Sheng Yi and skimmed through it.

 

 

 

Advertising Team in Wu Co.

"Miss. Wu doesn't read any other headlines other than business. So take the sections we don’t need out."

Ah Ben said as the female employee, Ya Tou nodded, taking out everything except business and entertainment.

"OH! I wish Fahrenheit would work with us, that would make work much more happier and I won’t be dragging myself out of bed like a zombie!"

She stated, in her dream bubble as Ah Ben stared at her, having no idea where these delusions come from. He flicked a pen at her forehead, signalling her to go back to work as he took the 'business' section.

 

 

"Oh Ah Ben!" Sheng Yi called out as Ah Ben smiled, walking over to him.

"When's your lunch break? Wanna have lunch with me for old times' sake?"

Ah Ben chuckled, agreeing to his lunch plans as Sheng Yi smiled to his co-worker, who was eyeing him like a piece of candy. When he left, Ya Tou instantly flooded Ah Ben with questions.

"AH BEN! How do you know Wang Zi?"

"Wang Zi?"

He laughed, pretending to not know who she was talking about.

"OH HIM! He's my friend."

"FRIEND?" She shrieked as a crowd of girls crowded around him, wanting to know more about him.

 

"What does he like?"

"Does he have a girlfriend?"

"What does he look for in a girlfriend?"

 

 

 

"GIRLS!"

He smacked the papers against the desk as everyone looked at him, giving their puppy eyes as he sighed.

"Go back to work, or Miss. Wu will cut your heads off if you don't hand in any designs for the expansion." She pouted as he smiled, walking away to deliver the newspaper to the president.

 

When he walked into the room, Even was leaning against the railing, starring into the city view. When she heard him knock on the door before coming in, she knew who had came in so she kept her eyes on the city. Ah Ben said that this was the best sight to see Taipei but to her, everywhere feels the same.  

"Even, the newspaper is going to be on your desk."

He stated as she dozed off. Feeling a bit of the old Gui, Ah Ben walked up beside her, standing beside her as she felt the wind dance on her skin, feeling the autumn breeze as she calmed down.

“Sheng Yi asked if I can have lunch with him."

She smiled him off as she opened her eyes, allowing him to go to lunch now.

"Really? I'll bring you back something!"

 

 

When he left, she closed her eyes once again, being one with the wind was what she have yearned for.

However, she was now Even Wu, president of Wu Corporation. How can she think of herself? There are many people counting on her, the success of the company lies solely with the company’s employees and her decisions. How could she push all that to the side and think of her only selfish wishes?

During these years, not once has she imagined how her life would’ve been if she ran away. Changed her identity and have absolute freedom.

But by now, everything has changed. Was there anything that stayed the same?

 

 

{ xx }

 

 

 

Ya Lun's Part

After our schedule ended, we hopped into the car that was headed for home. After a long day at work, they were finally going home to rest.

 

"Hand me the newspaper."

The manager asked as Calvin hand it over. After the concert, everyone was exhausted as they walked off the stage. Their last concert has just ended, receiving million of tears and happiness from their fans. Their concerts has always been overwhelming because it shows their dynamic as a group, their ability to work alongside one another has always been their selling point.

"Can you hand me the business section?"

"Business..? Oh right, here." The manager took out the section he wanted and gave it to him.

"Business is so boring, I don't understand how you can keep reading this."

Jiro whined as Wu Chun smirked, knowing his friend isn't the brightest learner out there.

"Wow, the Wu Corp. Is already starting the expansion for their hotel plan? And It's going to be opened soon?"

Wu Chun exclaimed as he read the article. Jiro and Calvin shrugged as they looked at Aaron who was fast asleep as usual. So they decided to follow him and sleep.

 

 

At FAHRENHEIT’S Home

Aaron wrapped his lower body with a towel and walked out of the washroom, with a towel hanging from his head, he picked up a water bottle and drank from it before walking over to the balcony.

During these couple of years, he had prepared himself for this type of business. Making fans happy was his job, if the fans are happy than he was. But somewhere deep inside, there was always one fan that he wanted to hear from the most.

 

His one of a kind.

 

He opened his dresser to find his clothes stacked up nicely. Picking a random shirt, he slipped it on quickly.

But when he was about to close the drawer, his eyes glanced at the shoebox that had been sitting in the back of his closet. Slowly, he reached to pick it up, revealing the sneakers that he can’t seem to throw away, no matter how much hurt it caused him.

 

Flashback

"H—H—How could you b—b—buy me such ex—ex—ex—expensive shoes?"

"They don't cost anything, I originally wanted to buy them for a friend but he said that he already had the exact pair. So instead of throwing them away, I choose to give it you since it should help you from falling and you have new shoes!"

 She looked at the shoes, giggling to herself before looking up at him.

"So... do you like them?"

"I l—love them." He stated as he smiled, wishing that he doesn't have to take them off.

"Well that's good, I am relieved to hear that you like them."

End of Flashback

 

It's still a beautiful memory.

 

 

Someone knocked on the door as he looked at Jiro who opened the door.

"The president wants to talk to us."

Jiro eyes fell upon the box he was holding.

"Let's go!"

Aaron dropped the box on the table before closing the door behind him as all the members gathered in the lving room, anticipating what the big announcement was.

 

 

 

"You mean the hotel that the Wu Corp. is building, we are going to be filming there? ARE YOU SERIOUS?"

Wu Chun happily cheered as the president nodded. Wu Chun was a business geek but who can blame him? Since he earned his Bachelor of Business Administration years ago. At the beginning, he thought that the president was only teasing about filming at the hotel. But now, he was overwhelmed with happiness.

"I met with the president and personally asked her for permission. But it looks like someone did a little research. Whatever the case maybe, I bet you guys will know if I didn’t mention it to you guys."

Mr. Hsu sneered, directing that to Wu Chun. He has wrote a paper all about the chairmen of Wu Corp. If anyone had taken any business classes, they will know about the Wu's, and their famous line of work.

"So, this president... are we going to meet him?" Jiro asked as the president shrugged.

"Correction, Her." Wu Chun corrected him as Jiro eyes bulged.

"IT'S A GIRL?" Everyone looked at him as he sighed.               

"Well everyone, the filming is scheduled to start in two week. Prepare yourselves."

“Geez, we can’t even get a short break. What a tiring job I have.”

Jiro muttered as he turned the TV on.

"Correction, we." 

Everyone chimed in to correct him as Jiro laughed, ignoring their jokes as he watched TV.

 

 

While everyone was asleep, Aaron walked over to his table and glanced at the shoes. "Where are you?"

 

He whispered as he looked up to see the full moon shining brightly, even in the sky, it was shining brighter than usual.

“I miss you...”