Chapter 26

Showing You Happiness

 

 

Amanda Zhou's part

 

"Wang Zi... can we start over?"

She asked, hoping to get a 'yes' but he remained silent. Before she knew it, both Wang Zi and her became silent, not knowing what to say or do at this point. Deep down, she knew that this wasn't child's play to him, she knew he had other plans but no matter how long she wanted to wait, her patience was thin.

 

All this time, she has always kept her eyes on one person.

All this time, he was the one who gave her strength and confidence to keep going.

But why? After all this time, he can't give up on her?

 

 

"When you went into a coma, I thought I wouldn't see you again, to see you but can't hear your voice, I was scared to death! You were the only one that understand me for who I am, and when I heard that you got into an accident, I was afraid. I cried myself to sleep sometimes because I like you so much."

She began walking around the rim of the fountain again.

"I met you before Gui did, I fell in love with you first... but your eyes were never on me..."

Sheng Yi kept quiet as she continued to smile, forcing herself to continue.

"I have told myself many times to stop thinking about you, force my heart to stop aching for you, to stop my one-sided love for you. So I thought that if I were to keep chasing after you, saying ‘I like you’ every day, you would eventually see me."

Sheng Yi stared at her as she stopped walking, leaving a big distance between them.

"You were like the prince that was always there. You helped me up when I am on the edge of losing myself, I’m stupid for liking you for so long but I can't help it. When you were in a coma, it had finally occurred to me how important you were in my life and I don’t want to lose you."

He stood up as his eyes remained on her.

 

"So... Can I be the prince this time?"

"Huh?"

"For 6 years, my eyes and heart were already yours. I kept waiting and waiting for you to accept me. I always wish that this day would come so—"

Sheng Yi walked over to her, wiping the tears that ran down her cheeks with his handkerchief as he smiled. She glanced up at him as her heart begin beating like crazy.

 

Why was he doing this to her?

 

"Sorry Amanda... I cannot accept your feelings... Like you, I asked myself the question, why does it have to be Gui and not you? When I left Taiwan 2 years ago, I knew I wanted her. But when I came back, my feelings was in a mess. The things I’ve done in the past to you and Gui were horri—"

"WANG ZI!"

She shouted out, pushing him away as her tears came down.

"Amanda. I don't—"

"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!"

She yelled out, covering her ears with her hand.

“Just this once, I found something to fight for. I know this isn’t what you want to hear but I tried to stop myself... These years haven’t been easy for me either!”

He stared at her for a moment before turning his back and walking away, leaving Amanda hurt and crushed as she clenched onto her heart.

"Wang Zi... I don’t think I can give up... No matter how hard you try to push me away, I think I will always like you! So please, don't push me away any further then you already have."

As Wang Zi walked away, deep down inside, his heart was beginning to change but he didn't want to listen to it since his heart had always been acting like this. Either with Gui Gui or Amanda, he sent his wish to the stars so that his heart will find its way to its rightful owner soon.

Amanda leaned against the ledge of the fountain, Why can't he see what I see?

As she looked at Wang Zi as he drove away, she knew this was going to be hard for her to accept, but she can’t figure out how to give up when she has fallen so deeply.

 

 

 

{ xx }

 

 

Li Quan's part

While Amanda kept her eyes on Wang Zi, Li Quan was watching them from afar. Afraid of breaking the thin line that separates a friendship between friends, he could only watch them silently. Supporting her quietly as his heart slowly begin to tighten.

"Sweetie... what's wrong? I asked if you want Italian or American tonight..."

Li Quan gripped onto his phone, confused as to where he stands in his life.

"Sorry baby, I got to go."

He stated as he ended the call before she could say anything. As Li Quan watch them, he knew that Amanda kept her feelings true to Sheng Yi. When Sheng Yi was in a coma, she practically devoted her entire life taking care of him. That was when Li Quan knew that no matter how much he likes her, they could not be together.

 

So instead, he became her pillar for support.

 

 

Flashback

Li Quan walked around the main foyer, wanting Gui to take her time to talk to Sheng Yi as he  walked aimlessly around. But before he can enjoy his free time, his eyes widen when he saw Amanda walking into the hospital in casual clothes that makes his heart smile.

"You're early."

She smiled as she walked into the elevator. But before Amanda can go into Sheng Yi's room, he held onto Amanda's wrist, holding her back as she stared at him.

"W—What are you doing?"

He ignored her as he placed his hand on her cheeks. But she pushed it away, not wanting to cheat on Wang Zi.

"How long do you plan on taking care of him? He's been lying there for—"

"Li Quan. I know what you're thinking but I choose to do this, if you don't want to take care of him, then it's fine with me. I choose to do this, and I will continue to like him! So please, Li Quan, get yourself a girlfriend who would like you for who you are."

She was about to turn around when Li Quan pulled her into a friendly hug. She wanted to pull away but he held onto her tighter.

"Just cry. I will lend you my shoulder so don't hold it back."

He whispered as she calmed down.

When Li Quan pulled away, Amanda hit him on the shoulder.

"I never wanted to cry but look what you did!"

She yelled out as she wiped her tears, but it kept flowing down her face. Li Quan turn her around, facing her in the opposite direction from Sheng Yi's room.

"If you ever need a shoulder to cry on." He tapped his own shoulder. "Call me up!"

She burst out laughing as he chuckled.

"Go to the washroom and wash your face, you don't want to go into Sheng Yi's room looking like this do you?"

He playfully as she hit him on the same place harder, before running to the washroom.

 

------

 

Li Quan touched the place where she had punch him. He sighed as he pushed any other thought out of mind while he walked into Sheng Yi's room before glancing over at the flowers that was arranged perfectly in the vase. He chuckled as he stared at his friend.

"She must've came to visit you, you must be happy."

He whispered as he got up, ready to leave the room but when the heartbeat monitor began beeping louder and louder. He quickly rushed back to check any sign of movement and his eyes widen, he quickly pressed the button that calls for a doctor to check his status.

 

‘Amanda... your wish has finally came true.’

 

End of Flashback

 

 

He walked over to Amanda as she looked up to see Li Quan standing in front of her.

"Are you okay?"

He whispered as she stared at the distance. It was embarrassing for her to see him in this situation so she avoided eye contact.

"Sorry... I must've ruined your date tonight..."

She said as her hands wiped the tears that were visible to the human eye.

"She'll understand." He whispered as she smiled as she looked at Li Quan.

"Thank you... for being here." He felt a light pinch in his heart as he smiled.

"I think you should be apologizing not to me but my girlfriend." She laughed softly as he helped her into his car.

 

"Really, thank you."

She whispered as he nodded, driving away.