Chapter 6

Showing You Happiness

 

"Aren’t we a little too old to play sleeping beauty?"

"You have been sleeping for a very long time now, shouldn't you get up now? Everyone is wishing that you will wake up fast, you know how impatient I– no, all of us can get..."

"How long has it been?... Four years now, four years since our graduation. Four years since our first argument, and four years since this happened." 

Ying Jie's tears naturally came down, not wishing to keep them back any longer, she will release everything to him.

 

Flashback

"I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME." She yelled out as she flashed her cellphone open, to a picture she received earlier.

"I DO LOVE YOU!" He shouted back, trying to win his girlfriend's heart once again.

"THEN WHY WERE YOU SLEEPING WITH HER? SHE'S MY BEST FRIEND!"

Qiu Sheng Yi looked away, trying to avoid her vision of him, the Qiu Sheng Yi now was so different then he was 4 months ago, why was that?

"Gui Gui, I will always love you. No matter how long it takes, no matter how much you hate me, I wil—"

"STILL LOVE ME? ARE YOU KIDDDING? STOP JOKING AROUND! I’M BEING SERIOUS RIGHT NOW! HOW COULD YOU?" She covered her ears, not wanting to listen to his excuses any longer.

When he tried to grab onto her, she pushed him away and ran towards the door.

The sky was already dark, even their relationship seemed vague.

 

Gui Gui ran across the street, wanting distance between them.

“GUI! COME BACK!”

She turned around to see Qiu Sheng Yi yelling after her, trying to get her back. He was about to run across but she stopped him.

"DON'T!"

He stopped, staring at her in the distance. He hated to admit it but he never knew how beautiful she looked till now, he always had her as cute.

"GUI GUI! COME BACK! IT'S NOT SAFE, COME BACK AND I'LL MAKE IT UP TO YOU!"

He shouted out but she resisted, not wanting to be in arm's distance.

"GO AWAY! I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU." Gui Gui turned around to make a dash for it, but she ended up slipping on the grass since it had rained earlier.

Qiu Sheng Yi eyes widen as he immediately ran across the street, unaware that a car was heading towards him.

“GUI! WAI—“

 

*HONK*HONK*HONK*

 

The headlights blinded him as he froze, unable to move until the car hit him, sending him flying.

When Gui Gui heard the car screech and his voice suddenly gone, she instantly turned around to find Qiu Sheng Yi laying on the road. Afraid. She was petrified to even move but she mastered up all her remaining strength to run for him. 

 

"QIU SHENG YIIII!" She yelled out as the man in the car called an ambulance, hopping out of the car, worried about the kid's condition.

"PLEASE, QIU SHENG YI, TALK TO ME! TALK TO ME, PLEASE, TALK TO ME. I'M RIGHT HERE, YOUR LITTLE GUI IS HERE. TALK TO ME!" Gui Gui kept calling out as she grabbed onto his hands, not wanting to let go.

"PLEASE! HANG ON, THE AMBULANCE WILL BE HRE ANY MOMENT NOW, DON'T GO ANYWHERE! DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT CLOSING YOUR EYES!" Qiu Sheng Yi faintly smiled, knowing that his girlfriend would be there for him.

"Please... do it for me." She whispered as his eyes felt heavy. "DON’T CLOSE YOUR EY—"

He could only do so much, his eyelids fought against his conscious but failed.   

End of Flashback

 

 

"I told you not to close your eyes. Why did you close them? You once said that you would always listen to me and not argue with me. At that moment, why did you choose to not listen to me? I'm really heartbroken. You’re in a coma now and I don't know when you’re going to wake up. These past years have been painful for me, wanna know what I did? I couldn’t stay at my father’s company because it was like suffocating me, so I ran away from my father since he wanted me to forget about you, but I guess I couldn't do it..."

 

 

{ xx }

 

Li Quan was about to enter the room but he noticed that someone was already there. Ting Wei walked up to him, putting his hand on his shoulder. They were one of the few people that wanted this moment to happen since Qiu Sheng Yi fell into a coma.

For Gui to visit him was their own wish, as for Sheng Yi, they knew he would’ve wanted it. Her company, her voice, her touch, Sheng Yi had loved.

Hoping that Qiu Sheng Yi will listen to Gui and wake up. Dr. Lu signalled them to go somewhere else since this was a special moment for them.

 

 

{ xx }

 

"Let’s make a deal. I don't want to see you in this state anymore, I think 4 years is long enough don’t you think? You still have your parents and friends that pray for you to wake up. You’re going to make everyone go mad someday if you keep this up. So please, wake up. I want you to continue being the man that everyone is waiting for. Because truthfully, I hate to see you missing all the fun while everyone is."

 

She leaned in to plant a kiss on his forehead as she looked at the man whom she once loved.

"I think it’s time for us to say our goodbyes... I’ll start first. Goodbye Qiu Sheng Yi."

 

When she walked out, she took one last glance through the glass window before leaving to surprise Ya Lun.

 

 

{ xx }

 

Ya Lun's part

"Hey kid, are you Yan Ya Lun?"

"W–W–Who are y–y–ou?" He asked as the man grabbed onto his shoulder, adding pressure into his shoulder which will prevent him from going anywhere.

Ying Jie gasped as she quickly hid behind the wall. She was getting ready to run for it but she didn't move.

"Little kid, you better tell me where you have been hiding miss."

"M— M—Miss?" He asked as the man was getting irritated with his constant stutters, wanting him to give him information now, he quickly pulled Ya Lun with him.

 

 

"Stop."

 

Ying Jie gathered up all her courage to meet him face to face, she can see Ya Lun from behind, dumb-founded as the man in front smirked.

"Stop immediately! I'll come with you but you have to leave him out of it."

The man let him go, bowing to the lady in front of him.

"Wait outside."

"We cannot allow that. Master has instructed us to follow you to make sure you don't run away again." He stated as Ying Jie shot him a glare, telling him to go but he didn't move.

Giving up on that, she walked up to Ya Lun.

"I brought you these new shoes, they should be easier and better to walk in versus those your wearing now.."

She left the shoes beside him while Ya Lun grabbed her hands. Afraid of letting go, worried that this man was going to harm her and with his current condition, there was nothing he could do. And Ying Jie saw it through him, she reassured him as she embraced him, patting his back.

"Don't worry, I'll be okay."

She stated as she slowly pulled away, Ya Lun's grasp was starting to loosen as he whispered softly.

"Come back safely."