Chapter 8

Showing You Happiness

 

Wu Ying Jie's part

Since she couldn't stay at Qiu Sheng Yi's place, she decided to take over Lu Ting Wei's apartment for the time being. He mainly sleeps in his office and occasionally comes back to his place, so she decided to do him a favour and invade his place for the remaining two weeks. She walked into the guest room and laid on the bed, rolling from one end to another repeatedly, recalling what happened earlier.

"I must be crazy. Yeah... I'm crazy." She yelled out as she covered her face from embarrassment. As her face grew redder, her heartbeats fastened.

"I haven't felt this way in a long time..."

 

 

{ xx }

The next morning.

 

Qiu Sheng Yi's part

"OH MY GOD! HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN? I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!"

Amanda screamed out as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Qiu Sheng Yi faintly smiled, patting her back while glancing around the room. It was just Amanda, Li Quan and every one of his friends that could be there. Li Quan smirked, knowing who his long-time friend was searching for.

"Where's Gui?"

He asked, peeling Amanda's grip off. Once Amanda heard him say her name like it was urgent, she plopped down on the chair, pouting at him, completely disappointed that the first name he calls out turns to be someone other than hers.

"What about me? Did you forget about me already?"

"How can I forget about you Miss Amanda Zhou? You are still as pretty as ever. How have you been?" She blushed, suddenly getting up.

"I need to go to the restroom quickly."

She kissed him on the cheeks before running out of the room, with all the happiness in the world directed to her, she felt herself floating on the clouds, singing along with the angels.

 

"Yo, how long have I been laying on this death bed?"

 

He asked as Li Quan chuckled, Qiu Sheng Yi suddenly touched his head slightly, suddenly having an flashback. His mind started thumping heavily, trying to remember but it was still painful to even think.

"Dude, relax. The doctor said you should take it easy for a couple of days."

He stated as Qiu Sheng Yi nodded, glancing around the unfamiliar room.

"Where's Gui?"

This was the question that only Gui knew herself, no one had kept in contact since she cut herself off with the past. So Li Quan just shrugged, not knowing how to explain what happened during the time he was in a coma.

"Are you hiding somethi—"

 

 

"DARLING! HOW ARE YOU?"

Mrs. Qiu suddenly came into the room, examining her son's body condition to see if it was healthy while his father gleamed with happiness.

"MOMMY HAS MISSED YOU SO MUCH! IT'S WONDERFUL THAT YOU FINALLY WOKE UP AFTER 4 LONG SILENT YEARS! WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS DAY TO COME FOR A LONG TIME, RIGHT HONEY?"

She glanced at her husband as he nodded, glad to see his son is doing well.

"4 YEARS?" Qiu Sheng Yi shouted out, caught in surprise.

"I know honey, 4 years is a long time. But I'm so happy to have you back and healthy as ever! I was getting tired of seeing your fathers face but when the nurses called us, I was so happy that I get to see my baby’s face once again!"

She stated as Qiu Sheng Yi glanced at Li Quan who was smiling, trying not to into their family reunion.

"I have been asleep for four years?" Qiu Sheng Yi attempted to get out of bed but the needles were still stuck on him, he wanted to rip them off but his mother stopped his immature behaviour.

"QIU SHENG YI! DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT." She said, pushing him back into the bed.

"Please, listen to your mother and don't try anything stupid. It had been a long time since I get to see your smiling bright prince-like face, I don't want you to do anything reckless, can you promise me that? Just a couple of days, then your free. Promise?"

"Mother, I—"

"I know what you want to do, do you think this mother of yours is too old to know what her son is thinking? Until you are finally recovered, stay. Do not do anything stupid or your mother here will personally ship her to Shanghai! You can look for her after you fully recovered. Okay?"

He nodded, giving in. 4 years.. what can a couple of days do?

"Good, your father has an appointment and I have an business meeting to go to. Be extra careful alright?"

Qiu Sheng Yi nodded, not wanting to talk back anymore.

"Dad, can you promise me one thing?" Mr. Qiu signal him to proceed as he asked him what he wanted.

"Can you ask when I can get out of this hospital? I can't stand being cooped up here! 4 years! Help me dad, Please? Your one and only son is tired and sick of this bed!"

Mr. Qiu laughed at his son's immaturity.

"I will see to it, in the mean time, like what your mother said, don't do anything reckless." He stated as his parents walked out of the hospital, quickly rushing out.

 

 

Wu Co.

 

"Welcome Mr. Qiu, Mr. Wu is waiting for you, please allow me to you."

One of the workers stated as Mr. Qiu followed him to Mr. Wu's office.

 

 

"Welcome stranger, how may I help you?" Mr. Wu stated as he turned to face his old buddy. Mr. Qiu chuckled, haven't seen each other in such a long time, this was just another hang out for old times' sake.

"Long time no see buddy, I was busy with work that I couldn't find any time for you, hope you’re not too upset."

"Ouch, your words hurts like a needle, thin but strong."

"You seem happy, what's the good news?"

"My son has finally woke up."

Mr. Wu picked up his tea cup that had been prepared before their meeting. So that kid finally woke up... it's about time.

"It's about time." Mr. Qiu nodded, laughing at his son's immaturity earlier.

"Besides my sudden appearance this morning, my wife and I were planning to bring him overseas. He needs to freshen up and get back to his daily routine first before I give him anything else."

Mr. Wu chuckled continuously drinking his cup of tea.

"Hopefully that kid gets his mind straight before we come back." Mr. Qiu sniffed the aroma before drinking it.

"Your kid is smart, I'm sure he can take care of himself."

Then Mr.Qiu looked at his watch, knowing that it was time for him to leave. "See you soon."

"Hopefully not too soon." They laughed at each other while one of Mr. Wu's assistant escorted him out of the building. Mr. Wu cleared his throat as he looked out the window, happy to hear that his friend’s son has finally woke up. But another headache was coming up as soon as his train of thought went to his daughter... what would she do?

 

 

Wu Ying Jie's part

"Oh, you saved me time." Lu Ting Wei stated as he signalled Ying Jie to follow him to the roof.

"You know, if you like that Yan kid, I won't interfere but are you sure you want to fall in love already? Even though you have two weeks left... of freedom."

Lu Ting Wei stated a very good point, Ying Jie knew she had two weeks, no maybe less than two weeks now.  She sighed, wondering if running away would be the perfect solution at times like this.

"I do like him... but we both know who my father is and what he is capable of doing."

"It's been quiet recently, does this have anything to do with Mr. Wu?" She chuckled, shaking her head.

"I don't think so."

"Oh? Then is he just sitting around in that big office of his? Going through endless documents?"

She laughed, knowing that her father has better things to do then to stay put in an boring, ordinary room. They were quiet for a moment before Lu Ting Wei turned to look at her, wondering if he should tell her or not. As their eyes feast on the cityscape, she feel her nerves calming down while his tensions were rising.

 

"Umm..." He looked over at her, wondering what she was going to say.

"Can I take Ya Lun out? He's been complaining about being stuck in this hospital."

"Promise to bring him back?"

"As long as you promise you wouldn't call the cops."

"And what if I do?"

"Then I'll run away with him." They laughed at their silliness, Lu Ting Wei nodded, still laughing.

"Take care of him. I mean it! Really, take care of him."

"You say it like I'm going to do something bad." He stared at her, knowing what she was thinking. Ying Jie sighed as she elbowed him on the stomach.

"Thanks." She shouted as she headed back inside.

 

 

 

Lu Ting Wei recalled Ying Jie's happiness as he sighed, not knowing whether or not he should let her know.

How can I end her happiness when it just started?