Chapter 21

Showing You Happiness

 

 

“Wu Ying Jie... Even Wu...Gui. No wonder I couldn't find you." 

- Aaron Yan.

 

 

 

Qiu Sheng Yi's part

 

"Baby, I missed you! Am I going to see you tonight?"

The conversation ended when Amanda blew a kiss for him before they hung up. Wang Zi dropped his phone in his pockets as he stared at the whole city, feeling happy that his job was ending soon.

 

His brows arched when Dr. Lu Ting Wei appeared beside him.

"How nice of you to visit me, Sheng Yi or should this humble servant address you, Sir Wang Zi?"

They burst out laughing.

"Oh how nice of you to acknowledge this mighty prince, sir Lu Ting Wei."

"So how's your body? If you’re feeling sick, I’m sure there will always be an opening for you somewhere. But did you know? Right after sleeping beauty left the bed a couple of years ago, many of the nurses went on a hunger strike! It got to the point where they would cry your name over and over again, hoping you would magically appear. For me, I was on the edge of going crazy. And sometimes when you walk around the hospital after hours, you can hear the chant of “my Wang Zi, come back!” Frightening huh?"

"Really? Was it that serious?"

Lu Ting Wei laughed, feeling good to finally be able to laugh, since the hospital nowadays were quiet and calmer now that everything calmed down.

 

"I am grateful that this humble servant can be in the presence of such royalty, care to explain what you are doing here? When some of the nurses saw you, some of them were bursting with tears! I don’t know what has caused this pandemic since there are no studies on this type of reaction but do enlighten your loyal subject and tell me why you request my appearance." 

"Gui wouldn't tell me anything! I visit her when she's working but she says to talk to her about business whenever we are in the office. But she never leaves the office! it's like she's married to it or something..."

He shouted out, bursting out his anger as Ting Wei laughed, knowing Gui the most.

"I don't know if I should be the one to tell you this since you and I are not a couple, but this is yours and Gui’s relationship."

Wang Zi sighed, knowing that it wouldn't be easy to ask him.

"Geez, you are starting to sound like her." He whispered as he glanced at Wang Zi.

"Alright, Alright, I'll help my poor friend out. What is it you want to know?"

"Gui... What happened after I went into a coma." He slowly nodded, trying to re-collect the moments again.

"Do you want to hear all of it? It is a pretty long story right there."

"Everything." Sheng Yi stated as Ting Wei signalled him to sit down before he started.

"Do not hold my words against me since these are what I can remember, I might exaggerate some of the things but most of it is—"

"Yeah Yeah, just get to it!"

 

"When you were put into a coma, Ying Jie was waiting outside the emergency room, praying to the heavens that you will be okay. After the argument you guys had, she blamed herself intensely for putting you in that situation. I guess Amanda took this as a chance for her to have the upper-hand so she blamed it on Gui. If it wasn't for Li Quan, I’m pretty sure that we would have to book another room. She yelled, shouted, tried to hit Gui but Gui told her that she will leave if she knows what your condition will be after the surgery. After I came out of the surgery room, Gui and Amanda ran up to me, worried as hell as they begged me to tell them. I told them you were okay so as promised, Gui left the hospital quietly, without saying much, she left. Gui had originally wanted to see you personally but your new girlfriend wouldn't let her. She was like a guard dog... Scary."

 

When Ting Wei leaned back, relaxing himself for a moment before his beeper goes off.

"Man... I can't even rest for a minute!" He complained as he got up, straightening himself. "4 years have passed, anyone can change, the same theory can be applied to the heart as well. There might not be books or studies as to why my nurses reacted the way they did when they saw you but I’m sure that there are some things that is meant to be left unaccounted for."

"Wait! What is that suppose to mean? Come back here, don’t tell me things in riddle but tell me like a man! Ting Wei! COME BACK!"

Sheng Yi shouted out as the nurses waved at him. He repeated the gesture back as they squealed, returning to work as he turned around.

 

Somehow, it was starting to make sense.

 

 

Flashback

“If you were standing in front of me four years ago, I would be standing by your side. But now, we cannot go back to how we were."

End of Flashback

 

 

She already had someone...

 

and that person is the one responsible for tearing Gui and I apart.

 

But now, how am I going to get back into her heart?

 

 

 

{ xx }

 

Even Wu's part

"MISTER! YOU CANNOT! MIST—"

 

The doors opened as Even looked up to see the one person she didn't hope to see, but fate had a funny way of finishing it’s business.

"I'm so sorry Miss. Wu, Mr. Yan said he wanted to see you, saying it was urgent. You had said that anyone without an appointment—"

Even held out her hand as the secretary nodded, closing the door behind her as she walked out of the room, leaving Aaron and Even alone.

"Mr. Yan, what business do you have with me that was in desperate need of attention?"

Aaron stared at her, desperately contemplating whether or not this was the best thing to do. However, with many years that have gone by, he still like the sound of her voice, she was beautiful, inside out.

"If you're here to discuss personal business with me, then I'll have to ask you to leave."

He continued to stare at her as his eyes went to her hand. Seeing no wedding band, his lips curved into a smirk.

"Mr. Yan, do you—"

By the time she managed to notice the state they were in, Aaron had already backed her up against the desk. With everything happening so quick, she didn't move one bit, she couldn’t.

They could hear their heavy breathing as he leaned in slowly, wanting to kiss her but he stopped himself.

"If this is what it takes for me to kiss you, then it's going to be easy to make you fall in love with me again."

He watched her reaction but all he could read was the coldness in her eyes.

"What do you want? You came here saying that it was urgent, what is it?"

Her eyes locked onto his as they maintained their close distance.

"What do you want?" She asked as he smirked.

"A date."

"Date?"

"Let's go."

He stated, as she refused to go anywhere with him, trying to take his hands off hers as she struggled to break free.

"Mr. Yan, you are disturbing my business hours right now. Please refrain from yourself and... please, don't do this."

"... Don't do this?"

He walked back up to her, snaking his arm around her waist, hearing her to gasp was more than enough to make his mind go insane. He had to convince himself that this was all for revenge, how she cruelly left him, he had planned to do the same to her, making sure he didn't give in to temptations but the more he was around her, the more his temptations tested his limit.

The Yan Ya Lun 6 years ago, changed into the Aaron Yan who has everything he ever wanted. All he needs is the one person who will spend his eternity with. Why was this so difficult?

 

 

"Saturday, 5pm, I'll wait for you at Taipei hospital. I'll keep waiting till you come."

 

He flashed his million dollar smile as he walked out of the door, leaving Even speechless.

Words cannot describe her feelings at that moment, all she could hear and feel was her heartbeat running out of rhythm as she tried to regain her composure. This was impossible... and she knew that. She knew it oh so well that it pains her to admit it.

 

 

{ xx }

 

 

Not even 5 minutes of pure silence, the doors opened as she turned around, thinking it was Aaron who came back but when she turned around to look at the man standing in front of her, she quickly regained her posture to the business-like Even and leaned against the table.

 

 

"Father."

 

He grinned, looking at the office with joy as he sat down on the couch.

"Mr. Wu, tea is ready."

The secretary said as she placed the hot cup of tea that the chairmen loved, in front of him as she walked back out.

"What are you doing here?" She asked as he took a sip.

"Still as refreshing as ever."

"Father."

She demanded as he looked at his daughter, she was as beautiful as her mother was.

"This father misses you dearly, since you don't home nowadays, how am I suppose to see my daughter's beautiful face when she no longer cares for her old man, but instead, this dull building itself?"

She took a seat in front of him, picking up the teacup.

 

"Father."

She repeated herself as she stared at him, clearly knowing that this wasn't the only reason he came for her.

"I have discussed this with other board members, they agreed to it."

"Agreed to what?"

She tried not to sound surprised but this was starting to scare her.

"There is going to be a grand party celebrating the opening of our newly established hotel. So prepare yourself, it's going to happen in exactly one week from now."

"FATHER!"

"I handed out the invitations, the guest list is set, all you need to do is show up like one of your business meetings and be on your best behaviour."

"How could you not ask me first? Shouldn't I be the first one to know about this?"

"Ying Jie, you are barely home. How am I suppose to talk to you about this? When all I have is my assistant and workers? I might as well talk to the flowers in the garden if I want to. Whenever I try to call you, your always doing business. So tell me, how am I suppose to talk to you if I haven't showed up?"

She stayed quiet because she knew her father was right. She had always been busy. Even sighed, knowing that there's nothing she can do now.

"Promise me. No more surprises."

"Don't worry about it, just go back to work! My visit today was to tell you about this party." 

He stated as she stared at him, knowing that he had something planned for that evening.

 

 

But what did he planned exactly?