Chapter 37

Showing You Happiness

 

 

Aaron Yan's part

 

Earlier,  

Ah Ben has proposed a plan that only a fairy godmother could do. He said that he would prepare Ying Jie's room so that it looked romantic, but not too much so that it would be obvious. So without any arguments, Aaron allowed him to do his last task as fairy godmother.

 

 

When he parked Jiro's car in front of the beach house that Ying Jie had taken him earlier, he could see her wondering what they were doing here. But he ignored her questions and hopped out of the car, remembering the keys was still with him, her first mistake

He signalled her inside as she continue to stare at him like a crazy person.

"Aaron Yan, what are we doing here?"

"You'll see, wait here." 

Before she could say anything else, he ran upstairs going into her room to find himself gasping.

"Ah Ben!... You seriously!!... Have been watching too much dramas?!!"

He cursed under his breath as he stared at the bed and floors that was shaped as a huge heart, and lit scented candles around the room. Aaron gasped, wanting to get rid of it all until someone appeared behind him, walking into the room.

 

 

This wasn't going as planned. 

 

 

Crap.

 

 

 

Even Wu's part                                                                                                                                                                          

"You'll see, wait here."

As Ying Jie watched him run up the stairs quickly, it made her anxious. Not knowing what to expect, she looked around the room, smiling over to the picture frames that hung on the wall.

 

It's been awhile.

  

She picked up a photo of her parents and smiled, before placing it back down.

 

What is he doing up there?

 

 

Curious to know what he was doing, she made her way upstairs. While she was making her way upstairs, she could smell the scent coming from the scented candles so she push the doors and walk in.

Her eyes widen as she looked at the candles around her room and the heart made out of rose pedals that Aaron was about to destroy. Only to froze and turn to see Gui eyes widen, surprised. 

She made her way to the balcony, opening the door to let the fresh air in as she turned around, leaning against the railing to see the speechless Aaron appear beside her.

"T—T—T—This wa-wasn't sup-suppose to happen! I swear!" 

She burst into laughter as he walked over to her, sad that the night he had planned was ruined. "But this one isn’t."

Aaron wrapped his arm around her waist as he brought her close to him, close enough for him to plant a kiss on her forehead. 

"Happy Birthday Ying Jie."

 

 

 

 

Mr. Wu's part 

"Who did you say she was with?"

He rubbed his temples, getting irritated at the men in front of him. Their job was to make sure Even doesn't leave Sheng Yi, why was this happening?  

"Where is she now?" 

"We have no idea. After Sheng Yi left, another man appeared."

"Another man?" 

The men nodded, describing his features as Mr. Wu chuckled.

"You guys will leave with my last warning, this is the first and last warning." 

They nodded as they walked out of the room, leaving Mr. Wu and his assistant alone. When the door shut tight, Mr. Wu suddenly burst out laughing as his assistant stared at him.

"I think we have to speed things up." 

"By that... do you mean...?"

Mr. Wu snapped his fingers, knowing that his assistant nodded, preparing to write it down.

"This is making my head explode. We need to speed up this process." 

The man nodded as he walked out of the room, preparing the last minute details as Mr. Wu chuckled, wondering how they would make it through this obstacle he prepared.

 

 

 

 

Even and Aaron's part

"Happy Birthday Ying Jie."

He pointed to the time as she stared at him blankly.

 

 

She hasn't celebrated her birthday in a long time... Heck, she doesn't even remember the date herself.

 

 

 

"B—B—Birthday?!" 

He reply with a smile, walking back in to carry the cake in. She lost track of how many steps it took for him to reach her when she saw the candles. And before she knew it, he was beside her once again, singing the birthday song. 

"Don’t tell me you want to eat a cake that has melt wax on it!? Hurry and blow it out!"

And she did, still surprised by everything as he placed the cake down on the table. Aaron was too busy to look for the plates but when he turned around to face Ying Jie, she scooped up a good amount of cream and wiped it on his cheek. Ying Jie laughed as she swipe her fingers on the cream once again, smiling over to the surprised Aaron. 

"WU YING JIE!"

She gasped as she ran to the other side of the room, afraid of what he was going to do.

"HOW CAN YOU PUT CREAM ON THIS HANDSOME FACE?"

He took a bit of cream and slowly walked over to her.

"OH HO! You better run since I'm not going to stop." 

He shouted out, chasing after her. She burst into laughter, finding this fun for a moment before she stepped on the hem of her dress, causing her to fall with Aaron on top of her as he slowly opened his eyes to find her beneath him.

Her eyes widen as he took this chance to wipe the cream on her cheek. "I win."

 

 

 As Ying Jie stared at Aaron, she felt her heart beating harder and harder. It felt like it was loud enough for the whole world to listen.

 

 

Oh crap.

 

 

 

Unaware of what she was doing, she found herself reaching over to Ya Lun, tracing the silhouette of his eyes with her fingers.

They stare at each other, 2 years ago, she wondered what his eyes were like. 2 years and a couple of months later, a pair of strong hazel eyes locked its gaze with hers. Was it safe to say that her wish came true?