Chapter 14

Showing You Happiness

 

 

Wu’s Co.

 

"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?"

The entire board of directors and assistants asked as they stared at the president who was sitting in the centre, cross-legged as she looked through the graphs that they presented.

 

 

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN ONE OF OUR EMPLOYEES LEAKED THE PLAN THAT WAS GOING TO BE THE INTERIOR FOR OUR NEW HOTEL?"

Another one roared, clearly out-raged with this problem.

"WHAT IF OTHER COMPANIES PLANS TO STEAL OUR ORIGINAL PLAN? I SUGGEST WE RETREAT! WHEN THE WATER GETS TOO HOT, THE RIGHT THING TO DO WILL BE TO GET OUT WHEN THERE’S STILL TIME LEFT."

"WE SPEND MILLIONS ON THIS PROJECT! WE CANNOT PULL OUT, REGARDLESS IF OUR DESIGN IS LEAKED OUT! WE WILL BE THE LAUGHING STOCK FOR COMPANIES! WE WILL LOOK LIKE COWARDS IF WE CHOOSE TO PULL OUT! AND THE WORD AMATEUR WILL BE ASSOCIATED WITH US! THAT WILL BE AN EMBARASSMENTTO EVERYONE INVOLVED AND TO THE COMPANY! WE CANNOT PULL OUT, I AM ABSOLUTELY AGAINST IT."

"YOUND LAD! THEN WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST WE DO, WE CANNOT MAKE ANOTHER SKETCH WITH SO LITTLE TIME? AND WITH THE REPORTERS TRYING TO MAKE A HEADLINE OUT OF THIS! THIS IS ALRADY OUTRAGIOUS AS IT IS! YOU CAN STAMP A SIGN THAT SAYS ‘COWARD’ ACROSS MY BACK IF YOU WANT BUT I WILL CHOOSE THE HIGH ROAD AND IF I WERE YOU GUYS, I WOULD PICK THE SIMPLE AND SAFEST WAY OUT."

"DO YOU WISH THE SHAREHOLDERS TO PULL OUT AS WELL? WE WILL LOSE—"

“WHAT DO YOU THINK PRESIDENT? WE REQUEST A PLAN THAT IS EASILY DO-ABLE AND PLEASE, THINK OF SOMETHING BEFORE THE REPORTERS PULL OUR HEADS OFF!”

When the board of directors became quiet, expecting what she was going to do about this situation. She peeled her eyes off the folder and looked at them, understanding where their concerns and their disagreements were coming from.

"Our original plan was to build another Hotel that will strengthen this company and our company’s image, but the sketch for the design has been shown to our competitors. Oh what are we going to do about that? But, we have already start the production for the hotel, talks have already been made and approved. Without the interior design of the rooms, we are pushed back aren’t we?”

“I understand that our time has been wasted through this leakage, but withdrawing is out of the question. We  cannot afford to lose our title as the leading hotel business in Taiwan. We will proceed with the plan as calmly as possible, the set-back is sudden but who are we? We have been praised for working against time."

She clearly stated as everyone grew restless.

 

"As Mr. Xia stated, we cannot make any moves that will give our shareholders a chance to back out. Not when the hotel is half way finished, so before this situation gets hectic, Mr. Tang, pause any designs that your team is currently working on and begin designing right away. New ideas, new plan, new outlook. We will start fresh, the marketing team shall aid you in any way they can so that brainstorming new ideas won’t be a hassle."

Mr. Tang nodded, as he closed his folder.

 

"Mrs. Le, will you do the honour of contacting the head of construction, tell them to stick with the schedule as promised. But some changes will be made accordingly, tell him not to worry and stick with the original plan of the main floor, only the suite rooms will be altered."

Mrs. Le nodded, as she walked out of the room.

 

"Mr. Xia, contact every shareholders and tell them the things we discussed, tell them not to do anything until I say so. Hopefully they will be a little more understanding since this reflects their reputation as well as mine."

Mr. Xia nodded, as he looked at his watch.

 

"Since we are at a disadvantage, I believe we can prove to anyone why we are superior. With our excellent work ethic, and team of expertise. We will tell the whole world that whoever messes with us, we shall not sit around like wooden targets waiting to be shot. With the deadline of three days from now, do you think we can do it?"

Everyone nodded as Even dismissed the meeting, leaving the room with high tension.

 

 

"How do you expect to finish this? This is a sudden setback but I think you should give more time to the design team! They will be like busy bees running here and there, I just can’t sit around and watch their heads spin around aimlessly. We have been working on this project for so long, I think everyone is coming close to their limit."

Ah Ben stated as he skimmed through his file.

"With three days, do you really think we have enough time?" He asked as she dropped the folders on her desk, glancing at the city view. She heavily sighed, closing her eyes to recover for a brief moment.

"Time?" She chuckled, "It depends how they will make use of it."

She turned around, facing her assistant. "Doesn't it?"

Ah Ben heavily sighed, wanting to change the topic badly. Due to the sudden leakage of their project, that someone has released into the public, the entire company is in trauma. Precious time that went into consideration and planning has been lost. Like Even had stated, all they needed was time.

"Next on the schedule is.. we have a meeting with the president of H.I.M. entertainment in 10 minutes."

He said as he looked up to see Ying Jie taking out her vitamin pills. She slipped them into as she gulped her drink down. Even leaned back, relieving her stress for a moment before glancing at Ah Ben, who was quiet.

 

"Isn't that normally the advertising team's job?"

"They have been busy with the phone lines ringing like crazy so some of them are working on that to make sure newspapers companies write a decent report and any ill news will be sued while the others are working on advertisements since the deadline is in a couple of days, and some employees went around the building, assisting teams that are short-handed. The manager who was on the advertising team is currently on vacation with his new wife, I presumed he asked you for an vacation right?"

Even rubbed her temples from frustration, remembering what she promised him as she took glance at the tall stack of papers on her desk.

"Assistant manager?"

"He is at the Woo Chow's film industries, discussing about possible production with them. We originally planned to do some photo shoots and one commercial to display our company’s elite image. So the assistant manager is discussing future plans with them. I believe he headed out a couple of minutes you before the meeting ended. But did you know? Woo Chow’s film won big at the awards last month so they are relatively popular and busy. By having celebrities do commercials, our company will be able to expand more quickly. Socialites will be able to review and recommend their family and friends so this is a crucial appointment. And that’s the reason why we have an appointment with H.I.M Entertainment. They are number 1 at what they do best, we all believe that this will be beneficial for both of us."

 

"Is it 8 minutes now?" Ah Ben nodded, checking the time.

"When he comes, him to the meeting room. I'll meet him momentarily." 

She stated as he nodded, walking out of the room. H.I.M. Entertainment huh?

 

 

 

[ after 10 minutes]

 

When the president of H.I.M. entertainment walked into Wu industries, Ah Ben warmly welcomed him.

"Good morning Mr. Hsu, it's nice to finally get to meet you."

Ah Ben stated formally, the man named Mr. Hsu smiled, appreciating this gesture in the morning. As they warmed up to one another, Ah Ben had already asked Mr. Hsu to wait patiently in one of the meeting rooms that was located on the other side, keeping the chaos that was happening as far as he can.

After minutes of waiting, Mr. Hsu looked around the room, admiring it's broad and demanding surroundings. The mood of the room gave its modernity with a hint of homely feel.

 

When the doors opened, revealing a lady in her mid 20's with a folder in her hands. She smiled brightly as she shook hands with the man.

"Welcome to Wu Corporation, my name is Even Wu."

"Miss. Even Wu, it’s a pleasure to meet you, I'm the president of H.I.M. entertainment, Mr. Hsu.”  

"I was looking forward to meeting you as well."

She stated as he chuckled, taking out multiple folders.

"Let's get down to business shall we?" He said as he clasped his hands before sitting down.

 

"As you know, I am the president of H.I.M. entertainment. We are in the heart of the entertainment industry, producing musicians that follows their passion beautifully with our actors that solely loves to act for themselves and for their fans, with love and support, we are H.I.M that aims for that purpose. But the reason why I wanted to set up an appointment was to personally ask if we can shoot in your hotel for an scheduled drama that is going to start filming soon as well as an upcoming music video. Your hotel has been gaining many recognition for its exquisite beauty and atmosphere, that I hope we can collaborate. Of course, a commercial will be produced first, as agreed."

Even looked at him, during these years working with the company, she has been piling file after file of important information that makes the Wu Industries who it is. How this company got this famous and busy was her non-stop cooperation with many clients that helped her company and herself expand it's title of one of Taiwan's leading hotel business.

But would she agree to this? Giving her more work? Most definitely. If this is what it takes for her mind to be at ease. What she needs right now was to not to relax, but to work and work.

She definitely needs more work to occupy herself.

Why? Because once she stops working and starts relaxing, she will start imagining things. Unable to do anything but watch it fly past her like airplanes. Therefore, collaboration with other companies was no big deal.

 

Why turn it down when the opportunity to fly higher than imaginable is given to us?

 

 

"Of course, we are going to display the extravagance hotel that is the pride and joy of the Wu Corp. Itself, so what do you say? Are you in?"

As Mr. Hsu pulled out a document that he had ready before hand, sliding it over to her. Even looked at him, applauding his professionalism to prepare ahead of time. She always loved doing businesses that had already prepared before-hand. Makes the transaction much more easier.

 

When Even skimmed though the document, she pulled out a pen from her pockets and signed her name on the dotted line.

"I will have my personal assistant go through the details, then you will be escorted out, safely."

She got up, preparing to give one more hand shake to him.

"It was a pleasure doing business with you, we will see you soon, Mr. Hsu."

“Thank you for taking time out of your precious schedule to meet me, Miss. Wu.”

 

 

 

Right after the meeting...

 

"A possible shareholder or an potential meeting with another companies associate? You’ve been saying this and that for the last couple of days and I have no idea what you’re trying to say... " She stated as Ah Ben followed behind her quickly.

"Just know he requested to see you... today."

 

When he said it, there were two female employees bowed to Even and Ah Ben before continuing their conversation.

"Oh my, isn't that boy good-looking? I heard that people gave him the nickname Wang Zi~"

 

They quietly squealed as the words flew past her like the wind, Even sighed as she slowed her pace, her stomach wasn’t happy with her while Ah Ben scoffed at the employee’s comment.

He knew that everyone secretly wishes that the can go out with him, who doesn’t? 

Even abruptly paused for a moment, ‘Wang Zi... Where have I heard that before?’

 

 

"He's waiting in your office right now."

"Did you catch his name?"

"He only said that he wanted to meet you in person."

She stopped at the doors to her office, hesitating to go in. But with the help of Ah Ben, she managed to enter her office. Once she walked in, Ah Ben closed the door like any regular meeting, praying that his hard work paid off. While Even was absorbed with the documents being a hassle, the young man turn around, and that’s when their breathes shorten and their gaze locked onto one another’s.

 

 

 

"Hello Miss. Even Wu, it's a pleasure to finally see you." 

 

 

He was none other than the infamous, Qiu Sheng Yi.