Chapter 25

Showing You Happiness

 

 

Qiu Sheng Yi's part

For as long as he could remember, he had imagined being beside Gui, as her boyfriend, he wanted her back.

 

Back to his side... but how?

 

Once he found out that she left him while he was in a coma, his heart sunk. But that didn't kept him away, instead, it encouraged him to recover quickly, and search for answers. So he promised himself that he will search for her again and ask her the things he wanted to know.

 

Why?

 

Why did you leave me?

What did I do wrong?

What happened between us?

 

But what happens when the truth suddenly comes out and it hurts twice as much as it did?

 

Flashback

On the first day of the grand hotel that the Wu's were in charge of, instead of scanning the room, he was looking for Gui. But when Sheng Yi overheard Ah Ben say that she was going to come separately, hoping that she had earlier then they have. By the time the filming crew wanted to get started, that’s when the lights dimmed down and the stage was reserved for the actors.

He could only pray that Gui doesn't walk into this mess. But fate decided to play a little joke and decided to do what he hoped it wouldn't do...

When she walked in, someone wrapped their arm around her waist, securing it since his character never wanted to let her go. Sheng Yi hands curled into a ball as he stared at the scene before him.

"Do you really want to go?"

He whispered into her ear as he held up the gun next to her head. Even's voice started stuttering as her eyes widen, catching her off guard, as she stood there, caught by surprise.

"DO YOU REALLY WANT TO LEAVE ME?"

He yelled out, causing everyone to murmur as he quickly got into his character. Everyone was quickly absorbed in the act but Sheng Yi silently pray for it to end soon.

While Ah Ben kept his eyes on the scene before them, not wanting to interrupt but it was hard for anyone who was watching to peel their eyes off.

 

"Even..."

 

Sheng Yi whispered his heart began hurting. He was about to stop everything but when Ah Ben grabbed onto his arm, signalling him not lose his temper, how could he watch it any further? The harder it became for him to be patient while he watch Gui in another’s man embrace. If the director didn’t shout ‘Cut’, he would.

 

"AND CUT! CUT! CUT!"

The director yelled out madly as the lights , showing everyone in the room.

"MISS WU! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?"

Ah Ben shouted out as he walked over to her, staring at her expressionless face.

"She must have been frightened."

The manager of the design team, Peterson stated as the Mr. Hsu quickly came forward.

"Oh, Miss. Wu, I'm so sorry, we were in the middle—"

She stopped him by smiling, telling him not to explain it to her.

 

 

Why not?

 

 

"I'm sorry for my sudden disturbance, but believe me, I am normally not this late. So if you'll excuse me, please enjoy this opportunity to make this hotel look it's best."

She stated as she quickly rushed upstairs to start the design. Sheng Yi followed Even from behind, wanting to ask her where she was, what she was doing, and how does she feel after that sudden incident?

But before he knew it, she turned around and touched her chest where the heart was. His eyes widen as he glared at the stranger who did this.

 

It was that guy who embraced her...

 

Who was he to her? They don't even know each other so why is she staring at him?

When Gui went back to Even Wu, she continued to walk up the stairs, acting like nothing had happened. But no matter how much she tried to talk about business, he knew that her mind was off somewhere.

 

Who was she thinking of? That guy earlier? Or Me?

 

End of Flashback

 

 

Sheng Yi flipped his phone to view the message. Hoping that it would be Gui, he anticipated it but once he read who the sender was, he returned to normal.

 

'Meet me at 10pm tonight.'

 

It was almost 10... so he grabbed his jacket and headed to the place.

A place he haven't visited since his teenage years, a place where happiness, sadness, madness, and cheerful days were spent. It was also the place where he had created wonderful friends and lasting memories.

Taipei University.

 

 

 

{ xx }

 

 

"Amanda..."

He stood by the garden as she walked around the fountain, tracing the rim with her pointer finger as she completed a full circle. Sheng Yi walked over to her, surprised that many years have passed but this place remained the same.

Amanda's dress blew along with the dress as she smiled brightly, staring at her prince in front of her. Wishing that time would just stop at this moment, she let the depths of her mind push her further away.

"You came... Thank you..."

He walked over to a bench, sitting down as he continued to look around the garden.

"Do you remember? This was the place where I had first met you, you were trying to find a nice quiet place to read but I interrupted you..."

Sheng Yi chuckled, recalling their first encounter.

 

Flashback

The guy held onto the girl's wrist forcefully as he used his free hand, wanting to slap her for not listening to him. But before he could make his move, someone held his hand back, surprising the two people as they stared at the guy behind them. He adjusted his glasses, glaring at the man.

The girl eyes widen as he started at the guy who blocked the person who was about to slap her.

 

"Do you mind? You’re on school property, please leave before I call security."

 

The guy who was grabbing onto the girl's wrist flung her around and pushed her towards him, causing them to fall to the ground.

Sheng Yi glared at the man who was running away before looking at the girl that fell on top of him.

 

 

OH CRAP! WHAT HAVE I DONE?

 

 

"OH! I'm so sorry."

Sheng Yi helped her up as she shook her head, wiping the dirt off her.

"Are you okay?"

She nodded as he stopped her from leaving. He stared down at her knees that got scraped from the fall, she blushed slightly as she covered her cheeks, afraid that he would see. But instead, he had other things going through his mind. Without much words, he pulled out a band-aid and placed it on the cut.

"W—W—What are d—doing?" He smiled brightly as she became silent.

"The real question should be what were you doing with him? If he doesn't appreciate you, than why are you still with him?"

She gasped, no one knew their relationship and yet, he could see what type of relationship they were in. Gui had only seen the prince charming that he pretends to be... But on the outside, he was someone whom she grew to be afraid off.

 

 

Unable to break the chain, she only kept it hidden, afraid of what will happen if it breaks.

 

 

"Why do you care?"

He chuckled, picking up the book that was on the floor, patting it clean as he stared at the fountain.

"I'm just curious." When he turned to look at her, she smiled.

"Thank you... for saving me back there, I don't know what I'll do without your help."

He sat down beside her, opening the book as she stood up.

"I'm Amanda, Amanda Zhou."

"Nice to meet you." He simply replied.

"Aren't you going to introduce yourself?"

"You don't need to know me."

He closed his book, walking away but she followed after him, demanding that he tells her name to her.

"If you don’t want to tell me your name, then I’ll give you an nickname! Mhmm... How about.. OH I KNOW! I'll call you Wang Zi." He turned around, looking like she was crazy as she smiled brightly.

"I'm going to spread that around if you don't tell me your name!"

"Go for it, I don't mind."

He turned back and walked away, leaving her speechless.

End of Flashback

 

 

"Wang Zi..." She whispered as she looked up at the night sky.

"That was the name I decided to call you."

She dug a hole through the ground as she used her foot as a shovel.

"The name still suits you perfectly." They looked at each other as she smiled. "Wang Zi... can we start over?"