Chapter 17

Showing You Happiness

 

 

For the next couple of days, the decorating and designing process recovered for the lost time as the hotel screamed elegance, professionalism, modern but with a hint of vintage.

With the news reporters detailing everything they can discover, the newspapers have been watching the hotel take its shape for a long time. However, with the hotel closed, because of the million eyes set on the finishing look, everyone was anticipating its grand opening.

 

 

 

{ xx }

 

 

Fahrenheit's part

 

"Why do we have to tag along?"

Jiro asked as he walked into Wu CO with Mr. Hsu, his manager and his band mates. Wu Chun could only gasp as he admired everyone working diligently, this was a once in a lifetime chance and he was happy he could be walking on the same marble as everyone else working at Wu Co. It was like a field trip to the boys since their building wasn’t as modernized and cool in design as the Wu building was.

It became an habit for them to smile and wave to their fans. And they did, showing their enthusiasm through their smiles as they greeted everyone that passed them. Of course, the ladies who were working stopped to discover the popular Fahrenheit boys walk pass them.  

"We don't have to be here, but this one wanted to come so Mr. Hsu forced all of us to come since he claimed it as an experience worth a lifetime."

He dramatically stated as the film director followed after them. Surprised at the outer and interior of the facility, it produced an warm and welcoming atmosphere, despite their incredible work ethic. While they were in awe-struck at the Wu industries, everyone else in the company stopped and took a look at the 4 handsome boys that waltzed into the building. With their hair styled to perfection, the employees can’t help but watch them fly.

The business ladies were fanning themselves while the guys were not bother by this act.

 

"OH MY GOODNESS! THEY AREE SO HOT!"

"ESPECIALLY CHUN!"

"NO CALVIN!"

"I think JIRO IS THE BEST!"

"NO, THE YOUNGEST IS THE HOTTEST AND CUTEST OF THEM ALL."

Aaron glanced around at the vast building as a group of people looked at them like what fans would do. He smirked, waving at them as they shrieked.

 

"OH MY GOODNESS! THIS IS THE BEST JOB EVERR!! I LOVE MY JOBB!"

The lady shouted out as Ah Ben peeked at them through the open space, not knowing what can cause the ladies to swarm over them so fast.

"I don't get why you can get so loud and excited when you see them, but when you come to work, you're like a bunch of dead zombies coming to work."

She tsk’d.

"Guys will never understand how girls feel."

She continued to shriek as the whole building became a football stadium. It was like he was watching the football game, but for girls, this was like a catwalk. He sighed as he walked over to the newspaper, taking out the business section before heading back to Even’s office.

 

 

When he opened the door, Even could hear the loud chattering coming from the outside as the doors shut, it was back to silence as she smirked, knowing what had caused this kind of commotion.

"Here it is."

He stated as she glanced at the title, business. She dropped her pen, causing him to look at her as she started smirked.

"You finally remembered to give me the business section?"

"What? I always give you the business section."

She pointed to the glass table near the couches as his eyes widen, rushing over to hide it by putting it up his shirt. His only solution was to stick it up his shirt as Even smirked.

"Since when did the business section had articles talking about concerts? music? and fan reviews?"

"Sorry."

She smiled, knowing how tired everyone was.

"Don't worry about it, I won't kill you after that. Now go back to work."

He nodded, walking out of the room as Even got up, walking out to the balcony, breathing in fresh air before going back in. When she walked back in, after taking a short breather, her secretary came into the room urgently.

"As you requested, I contacted Mr. Qiu to schedule a time for you to meet but all he gave me was this."

She handed Even the piece of paper with an address on it.

"When Ah Ben comes back, tell him to go meet Mr. Qiu."

She stated as she looked at the president weirdly, not wondering where this was coming from.

"I have somewhere to be right now so can you handle it?"

Miss. Wu asked as she nodded, taking the piece of paper back as Even walked into the room, reviewing the last file before heading out.

 

 

 

Fahrenheit’s side...

 

"It's probably an old women right? If it was a young lady, then that's pretty much impossible. If she was young, she would have be raised in a pile of money and a child genius to do this! So I won’t believe it. I bet you she's old, wrinkly, but fast. If she can handle this big company, then she must be really smart and fast, despite her appearance and age."

Jiro told the guys as Mr. Hsu chuckled at his delusions. ‘This kid and his strange mind works wonders...’

"Oh yeah, she's a total grandma." Calvin chimed as Wu Chun smacked their heads.

"Don't talk non-sense." He stated as one of the employee led them into the meeting room.

"Oh sorry, may I use the washroom quickly?" 

Aaron asked as the employee pointed to the washrooms. He thanked him as he walked in the direction he had been told.

"Excuse me, can you tell me where the washrooms are?"

He asked one of the female employee that was in the middle of delivering some important file. But when Aaron had talked to her, she was too shocked to think anything else but with her fingers pointing upstairs to where the washrooms were. She was able to gasp at his tone of voice and beautiful complexion.

"Thank you."

He walked upstairs to walk into a new universe. This level was different from the one he was just on. The floors weren't carpet, but marble. Forgetting that he was looking for the washroom, he began to walk around the building, amazed by how the interior is built.

 

"OH MISTER!"

 

A lady behind the counter shouted out as he stopped, looking at the cute lady who was staring at him, bewildered that someone had came up to level, and the famous Aaron Yan showed up in front of her. She must be dreaming.

"This level is off-limits to visitors, if you need to ask our president for anything, please set an appointment ahead of time. If not, then please make your way back downstairs."

She stated as he flashed his infamous smile, the same smile that could melt the hearts of women everywhere. Of course, the secretary was no exception. She instantly fell in love with it.

 

"I'm sorry but I seem to be lost, can you show me the way to the washroom?"

He glanced at the girl's name tag and smiled. "Please, Mei Mei."

He whispered as she smiled happily, biting her lips as she pointed downstairs.

"Downstairs to your left, you will see a light baby blue sign with the washroom symbol on it."

He winked at her before leaving for the washroom, as she smiled like crazy, holding onto her cheeks.

 

As he turned around, walking the other direction. Even walked out quickly while putting her blazer on while Mei Mei got up and waved to her before she walked into the elevator.

When she walked into the elevator, she began straightening her clothes and at this time, Aaron turned around but he was one second too late, the elevator doors has already closed.

Just another employee, he told himself as he made his way to the washroom without any detours.

 

 

"What took you so long?"

Mr. Hsu asked as Aaron sat down. But by the time Mr. Hsu can ask again, a knock on the door silenced them, as all of them had created their own vision of what the president would look like.

"Remember, granny!"

Jiro whispered to everyone as they laughed, picturing a granny walking through the door. However, once the doors opened, a young man walked in with his fashionable suit paired with his purple specs, surprising everyone in the room.  

"It's finally nice to meet you Mr. Hsu, I apologize for my absence last week."

Before he sat down, he walked around the table, shaking their hands.

"If you don't mind me asking, where's Miss. Wu?" Mr. Hsu asked as the man smiled.

"Oh, she's currently working on the finalization of the hotel, as I am aware you know about it. These days have been quite hectic so I will be going through the process and guidelines for this project."

Mr. Hsu chuckled, admiring Miss. Wu's incrediblee business ethic.

"Oh where are my manners, I forgot to introduce myself. I am Peterson, assistant manager of the advertisement team." He stated as they exchanged business cards. "I have went through the initial meeting when you met with Ms. Wu so we can start there. In this appointment, I am going to brief you on what it is going to look like, expectations, policy and all the business and entertainment mixed with law policies." 

Mr. Hsu nodded as he snapped his fingers for the lights to dim down. Surprising everyone including Mr. Hsu at the level of technology that the room have. When the lights dimmed to a certain level where you can still see the things in front of you, the projector automatically.

"This is what the hotel will look like when the final details have been finalized, as I am aware, you guys will be filming in this hotel. This is a tremendous opportunity for both the Wu Co. and H.I.M. So I am excited to see the finalization of this project."

Mr. Hsu nodded as everyone eyes widen at the newly established hotel that was being projected. It was amazingly different from how they had imagined it to look.

"However, we need to go through some precautions. First, if you guys cause any harm to the hotel or ruin the Wu corps. name, then we have no choice but to pull out immediately. Of course, the compensation will be discussed during that time period and the termination of an contract will be discussed. So for the sake of both of us, please refrain yourselves and be professionals. Second, please show the beauty of our hotel and your image. Which I am sure you guys will act accordingly and with regards to showcasing our hotel’s beauty, you guys are no strangers in that department. Anything can happen as long as it complies with our contract, which means that you guys are allowed to act and do anything your screenplay allows you to do, as long as it doesn’t clash with our contract." 

Mr. Hsu laughed at Peterson's wittiness as he nodded, agreeing with his statement.

"You can use any of the hotel's rooms except for some since they are in the middle of construction. When you get to the filming date, I will have a list with all the rooms that you guys can use. So other than that, you guys can just wait till the morning you start filming. Any questions?"

The film producer raised his hand as Peterson signalled him to proceed.

"When do you want us to start filming? Because I'm in a crazy schedule already."

Peterson opened another binder to check for availability.

"Unfortunately, we are able to squeeze you in after a month from today."

 

"I'll email you the list of dates and times available and you can call my assistant to schedule an date. If any of you have further questions, do not hesitate to call Wu Corp. We are happy to clarify any questions or concerns you might have."

They nodded as they sealed the deal with a handshake. “When this project ends, I represent Wu Corp to wish you success for your future projects.”

“H.I.M. Ent will support and give many wishes for your future projects to be a success.”

 

 

{ xx }

 

 

Sheng Yi's part

"Next week Monday, Have your designs ready. A month from today, you will come with Miss. Wu and the managers of the design team for finalization. Got it?"

Ah Ben asked as Sheng Yi kept twirling his pen around, having other thoughts in his mind as he sighed, not knowing how long he has to keep this stranger act with Gui.

A month from now? So next Monday, I will go with my design team and look over the rooms, create design sketches then start building?"

He whispered as he called in his assistant. "What's happening a month from now?" 

The man skimmed through the pages as he lifted his glasses up.

"You have a board meeting at 8:30am and then your free till 6, and that's when you have dinner with your parents." Sheng Yi smirked, knowing his mother did some prior arrangements to his schedule without him knowing. He thanked the assistant as he smiled.

"When the meeting is done, schedule in my meeting with the Wu's, and keep it occupied for as long as my schedule allows me to."

The assistant nodded as he walked out of the room, going back to his work as Ah Ben crossed his arm.

"You just want to stay with Gui."

"No, business is business. I will just have to wait for an opening."

"What about Amanda? Is she—"

 

 

"HONEY!" She yelled out as she pushed the doors opened.

"Speak of the devil..."

Ah Ben rolled his eyes while he muttered under his breath silently as Sheng Yi smiled, getting up.

"I MISSED YOU! My trip to Hong Kong has ended early so I came to see you right away after I landed! OH AH BEN! Long time no see, what’cha doing here?"

She asked as he smiled, holding up an folder with WU CO's logo on it.

"Business. So I'll catch you later Sheng Yi." He said as Ah Ben walked out of the room.

When he left, Sheng Yi sat back down and stared at the folder Ah Ben gave him. "Wu Co."

She muttered the exact words over and over again as she slammed her hands on the desk, wanting his attention right away.

"Gui...Gui...?" She stared at him furiously as he remained silent. “Explain.”