Chapter 11

Showing You Happiness

 

Wu’s Mansion

Ying Jie stood in front of her father, who was sitting down in his big desk.

"Welcome back Ying Jie." He walked up and hugged his daughter.

"Father."

He pulled away and looked at her, his daughter had grown up beautiful these past couple of years. Before he knew it, she was taking on the world herself.

"I promised two weeks and I will keep my promise. But why did you send your men to come fetch me? It’s embarrassing to have them carry me out like I’m some kind of toy! I am more than capable of coming back with my own two legs." She stated as he chuckled, closing the file that had all of that Yan kid.

"Ying Jie."

"You could've waited, I don't even know if he—" She stopped, not finishing when she wanted to say.

"Don't even know if he– what? I'm your father, I am here if you want to have a nice chat with your old man. But really? Do you really think I don’t know? Give me a little credit Ying Jie." He stated as she shook her head.

"I'll be in my room. It's nice to finally see you again... father."

 

She stated as the doors opened, she walked out and ran to her room. Instructing the maids not to bother her until she comes out herself. The maids kept rejecting it but since it was miss that ordered it, it would be right to follow her wishes.

Ying Jie locked the door and walked to the window.

"It's a completely different view." She whispered as her cell phone vibrated in her pockets.

 

The surgery was a success.

 

Her knees became weak as she fell onto the floor, with the tears naturally followed.

 

 

Ya Lun's part

"She left already hasn't she?" Dr. Lu cleared his throat, after his surgery, he needed to stay at the hospital for his recovery period.

"Yeah." Ya Lun nodded, wishing that she would just magically show up now.

"In the mean time, please don't do anything reckless and recover. Your recovery should be your top priority." Ya Lun gave him a thumbs up as he smirked, walking out of the room.

 

Where are you Gui?

 

Ya Lun thought as he laid on the bed, smiling at the thought of finally seeing the world with his two eyes. He lightly touched the bandages that was covering his eyes, with his lips curved into a smile.

 

It has been awhile.

 

H.I.M. Ent.

"Got it, thank you."

The man shut his phone and placed it on the table, looking at the files for his new boy band group.

"You guys are going to be stars soon." He said with confidence as someone beside him slid their chair around.

"You've been taking care of this Yan kid for awhile... What's so special about him? He's just some ordinary guy."

The lady stated beside him as he smirked, this was the million dollar question that everyone has been asking him. Why wait for this kid to recover?

"Believe me? If I say this kid is going to be big, he will be BIG."

"How big?" She asked, crossing her arms, while lifting her red framed glasses up. "That all depends on what they can do." She picked up the folders before leaving the room.

"...Big? They will be bigger than the stars itself." He whispered as she smiled.

"You always talk big."                                      

“Your eyes just fall short in front of talent.”

 

 

Ya Lun's part

Ya Lun was sitting in Dr. Lu's office as the light shone through the blinds brightly, illuminating the room of its innocence and cleanliness.

Waiting with anticipation, Ya Lun waited patiently for his bandages to uncover his eyes as Dr. Lu smiled. After the surgery, it was not known if it really was success but once the bandages come off, and when he opens his eyes, all the answers will be answered. This would change his life completely. As Dr. Lu placed the bandages to the side, his gaze turn towards Ya Lun as his eyes remained closed.

"Okay, now slowly open your eyes." He instructed him as he did what he was told. But no matter how much he wanted to open them, it wouldn't open fast enough. Dr. Lu checked the records to the surgery report, the possibility of this outcome was normal.

"Don't force yourself to open them, let’s take this step by step. Open them slowly."

"Shall we try this again?" He asked as Ya Lun nodded, relaxing himself before telling himself he can do this.

 

 

Slowly, slowly...

 

Ya Lun opened his eyes very slowly while his eyes adjusted to the bright light that welcomed him shortly. When he finally opened it, revealing his light hazel eyes, Dr. Lu smiled, patting himself on the back, applauding his brilliant skills as a surgeon.

"Now what do you see?" He asked as Ya Lun looked around the room. As he looked around the room, everything seemed to become sharper and clearer. 

"Everything." He replied simply as Dr. Lu smiled, writing the final conclusion into his file.

"Excellent." He stated as he closed his file, placing it off to the side. Wanting to take a blank sheet out, he dug into his drawer, but his hands stopped at an envelope that had been collecting dust since the surgery. Ting Wei hesitated for a brief second before taking it out.

 

"And this... belongs to you. I’m sure you will know who left this behind so open it when you’re ready."

‘When I’m ready? ‘ Ya Lun didn’t understand. He has always been ready but by his tone, he wasn’t sure what he meant.

 

 

{ xx }

 

Dear Yan Ya Lun,

Don’t forgive me. I am selfish, greedy, and incapable of loving only you. When you told me your life story, I was sinking deeper and deeper into my pool of lies. This letter will explain why you are reading it instead of me being there to tell you. The reason is because I cannot have someone block me from my happiness, my true happiness.

When I was a little girl, all I had wished for is someone who could take care of me and most importantly, who is rich. My father told me he found someone that has the things I wanted. I'm planning on marrying him, I hope you forget me soon and find your own happiness. By the time you read this letter, I will be long gone from your life. I'm sorry for lying to you. Please take care of yourself.

 

— Ying Jie.

 

 

 

Ya Lun crumbled the paper in his hands, throwing it into the bin before leaving the room. He picked up his bag and left the hospital while holding a card in his hand.