Chapter 29

Showing You Happiness

 

 

Wu Corp.

 

"Then tell me, what exactly happened between you guys?"

 

Again, he hesitated.

All he wanted was Gui's trust back, was that so much to ask for? He had waited for her for so long, reminiscing and wondering when she was going to show up and walk right back into his life. Embrace one another like back in the days, when they were still going out.

But right now, he knew that the old Gui wasn’t there, still, he silently wishes that she could go back and be the Gui he loved.

However, it was like she was about to break down, correction: she was breaking apart.

 

"Gui..."

 

"Sheng Yi. Did you know? When you were in a coma, I blamed myself. I continuously blamed myself for the car crash and everything that followed after the incident. But I did try... I tried to picture myself, what would happen if I hadn't run out like that and I was back in our apartment? Listening to you. Would things have been different?"

She tried to control her voice, finding the strength inside her not to break down.

"But no matter how long I waited for you to wake up, I couldn't. I'm sorry, I slowly began to lose everything. Friends, family, and myself. I thought that if I stayed with you, all my hatred will be gone and my family and friends would still be there once you wake up. But no matter how much I try to push these thoughts out of my mind, I couldn't, I can’t. Everything that happened to you was because of me! I can’t risk causing you more harm then I already caused, it’s unfair to you and it’s unsightly for me. I'm sorry Sheng Yi but I chose to leave you first."

 

"Why can’t you just admit it Gui! You can’t tell me all of those things because by saying that, it gives you all the reasons why you should come back to me. Why can’t you straightforwardly tell me right now? I know that you found someone else Gui. Were you planning on hiding that? Is this revenge for my unfaithfulness to you 4 years ago? Amanda and I aren’t–"

 

"IT’S NOT BECAUSE I FOUND SOMEONE ELSE!”

She deeply inhaled, as she wiped the tears that was falling down.

“It has never been about that, this is about us!"

"So it’s true... you do have someone else."

He muttered to himself as she continued to watch him. Sheng Yi knew from the beginning that being in a coma for so long has its negatives, but he never knew that it would have caused so much pain. Apart of him wanted to go back to the past and change what could’ve been prevented so that he would feel complete with her next to him. While part of him hated the one who stole her heart away from him, they weren’t even officially over and this happened?

 

 

Who was he? What did he give to Gui that he didn’t?

 

 

"Miss. Even Wu Ying Jie."

He fully stated her, causing him to look at her to look at him irritated that he made her mood sour.

"I have made up my mind."

He held onto her hands gently, wanting to go through with this nice and painlessly.

"I will not let you go. Not just yet, I am going to try to steal you back."

She gasped, wanting to push him away but someone opened the door widely, grandly standing before them was none other than Mr. Wu himself.

He was famous for his strong and dominant stance, so Gui and Sheng Yi stepped away from each other.

When Mr. Wu caught a glimpse of their actions, he chuckled as he walked over to them. Sheng Yi quickly let go of her hand, greeting Mr. Wu.

"Hello Mr. Wu."

"Sheng Yi, my daughter is going to be a little hard to control, can you handle it?"

He nodded, accepting everything that Mr. Wu says as a sign of recognition as Even stood there, refusing to agree to anything, especially this ridiculous marriage talk that he plotted.

"Father, this was all you right?"

"Ying Jie, trust your dad. This will benefit you and the company."

"FATHER!"

"Ying Jie. Not now."

"Father, if you do not clear this up, I will personally go down to the reporters and say that this was all a big misunderstanding."

"WU YING JIE!"

He roared before calming himself down.

"When I saw you two together, it was one of my happiest moments. I know you hate arrange marriages but trust your father and agree to this. This is for you and for the company!"

"No. You can get me to do anything except for this. This is where I draw the line father, this line cannot be crossed, no matter how tempted you are to erase it, my line stands firm and strong."

"Wu Ying Jie."

"Father. I will make my own choices from now on, I am a big girl and I can make choices for myself."

Ying Jie and Mr. Wu was looking at each other until Sheng Yi stepped between them.

 

"Mr. Wu, I will like to make an agreement with you."

 

Both Ying Jie and Mr. Wu stared at Sheng Yi who had broke the mental battle between the two. Everyone in the business world knew what Mr. Wu was amazing at, and that was making deals. If someone was proposing a deal to Mr. Wu, their proposal must be well-presented in order to please him.

When Mr. Wu heard this, he chuckled, signalling him to proceed, waiting for the deal that might end poorly or it may end in their favour.

"Mr. Wu, can I request you to give Ying Jie and I more time to search for our feelings for one another? This sudden announcement got us both surprised. I don’t want to force my fiancé to enter into a marriage where she is constantly looking for the escape route. I’m sure Ying Jie feels the same because both of us aren’t exactly ready to walk into marriage just yet. So in exchange, we will give you our decision at the party next week. It will either be Ying Jie stepping in or... out of this marriage proposal."

Mr. Wu looked over at Ying Jie, anticipating her to refuse but she stayed emotionless, thinking hard whether or not to go through with what he said or continue to argue her way out of it.

"What do you think? Can you do it?"

Ying Jie glanced over at Sheng Yi who was signalling her to agree to his idea.

"I will. A week from now? That’s child’s play, I know what my decision is without going through with this."

Mr. Wu smiled, patting her on the shoulder as he faced Sheng Yi.

"I offer you my congratulations before the due date. I humbly welcome you to the family Sheng Yi."

He gave him a pat on the shoulder before smiling happily to him.

"FATHER!"

"I will hold you guys to your words, in the end, I want to settle the guest list fast."

He stated as he walked out of the room, chuckling as his assistant walked after him.

 

 

{ xx }

 

 

Aaron stood outside the door the entire time, wondering if he should go in or not. He was about to go in but he heard Ying Jie and someone talking inside.

Figuring that it was important, he waited outside. But who knew that the more he waited, the more he figured out her past relationship with Qiu Sheng Yi.

During the entire time, he clenched his fists, furiously as he listened to their conversation, debating whether to leave or stay. The only way he could control himself from barging in and pulling her out of the her office was to clench his hands, fighting his instincts to not go in.

 

 

When Mr. Wu was about to come out of the room. Mei Mei quickly signalled Aaron to hide under her desk, preventing Mr. Wu from seeing him. Luckily for him, Mr. Wu did not see him. Instead, he walked into the elevator happy about the thought of Qiu Sheng Yi being his son-in-law.

When the elevator doors closed, Aaron stood up and walked slowly towards the door, still contemplating.

 

 

{ xx }

 

 

When Mr. Wu left, Ying Jie wanted to confront Sheng Yi who had a huge smile on his face.

"We should hang out together, just the two of us."

"No and I’ll let you know now that I don’t need a week to sort whatever it is you want to be sorted, I already made my decision. You should know that after I made my decision, I will not take it back easily."

"Why are you refusing me so much? Can’t you look on the bright side? We haven’t even said our goodbyes and your treating this like it’s business! Screw business, this is us."

He muttered as she ignored him.

"Fine. Then I should know who this guy is that changed my little ghosts heart."

Ying Jie eyes widen from shock, not expecting this to come up. She opened to speak but nothing came out.

 

 

"YING JIE"

 

Sheng Yi and Even looked at Ah Ben who looked like he just ran a marathon.

"Did you see him?"

"See who?"

They both asked, looked at each other and cleared their throat, before turning back to look at Ah Ben.

"Mr. Yan. I told him to stay he—"

Without a word, Ying Jie quickly ran out of the room, running into the elevator as everyone looked at each other, wondering what was going on.

“Was it something I said?”

Ah Ben looked over to Sheng Yi whose jaws dropped. 

 

 

"The person... she fell in love with.... is him?"