Chapter 28

Showing You Happiness

 

 

Wu Corp.

 

"Now now, that's no way to talk to your future husband now is it?"

Even smirked, shoving the documents aside.

"Husband? What makes you think I want you?"

"You always wanted me."

He walked closed to her as he pointed to her heart. "In here that is."

She slapped his hands away but he grabbed onto her arm, forcing her to look at him. When he walked closer, cornering her, he felt himself turning into the possessive type of guy that he thought he abandoned in high school but it seems his personality came out unconsciously.

With one hand touching her cheek slightly, he could feel her cheeks redden and her breathing became uneven.

"Qiu Sheng Yi!"

He pulled his hands away but maintained the distance between them.

"Ying Jie, 2 years ago, the first person I wanted to see when I woke up was—"

 

"DON'T!"

 

She shouted out, covering her ears dramatically as she peeled her eyes away from him. Not wanting to listen to whatever it is he wanted to say. But he grabbed onto her hands, forcing her to look at him and she did, praying that it will be over soon.

Pleading for him to let her go but he refused to let go until he wanted to say the things he wanted to.

"Gui, please listen to me."

She slowly stopped as he let go, breathing normally as he continued.

 

 

Aaron Yan's part

All he was thinking was Ying Jie the entire time, he was stubborn, and he knew it. So he didn't have anything on his mind other than Ying Jie.

When he got to the company, the security guards instantly surrounded him as a million camera flashes came at him.

Soon, he was blinded by the bright lights as the news reporters instantly ran to him, immediately questioning him.

"AARON YAN! WHAT ARE YOU DOING AT THE WU CORP?"

"AARON YAN, WHAT RELATION DO YOU HAVE WITH THE WU'S THAT YOU ARE HERE IN THIS COMPANY?"

Aaron smiled at the cameras, trying to look like a superstar while trying to search for an immediate escape route.

In the midst of it, Ah Ben walked over to the main floor, wondering what the commotion was all about. His eyes widen as Ya Tou stood beside him, holding onto three files as she sighed.

"It's not quiet anymore..."

"Since when was it ever quiet?"

He asked as Ya Tou nodded, looking at the famous Aaron Yan who made an sudden appearance.

"Is Fahrenheit scheduled for an appointment?"

Ah Ben shrugged, checking the schedule.

"I don't see his name anywhere, Mr. Hsu or Fahrenheit's..."

He whispered as she sighed, watching the nasty reporters try to force the answers out of him.

"So what do you think he's here for?"

He shrugged, not having the slightest clue as Ya Tou slowly peeled her eyes off the scene and held up the folders. "I have to make a delivery."

He signalled her to go back to work as he closed his folder, making his way downstairs.

 

 

"I'M SORRY! MAKE WAY! MAKE WAY!"

 

Ah Ben shouted out as he walked up to Aaron. When they saw one another, Ah Ben gave Aaron a smile, telepathically telling him to follow his lead.

"Mr. Yan, please follow me."

He stated as the crowd naturally ran after them while Ah Ben led Aaron into the elevators quickly. By the time they made it into the elevator, the security guards managed to step in and hold the reporters back so that Ah Ben and Aaron could safely proceed.

As they made their way up to level 3, Ah Ben glanced over at him.

"Thanks."

"No problem. But Mr. Yan, what are you doing here? As far as I’m aware, you don't have any business here."

Aaron's lips naturally curved into a smile as he crossed his arms. "I'm here to see Ying Jie."

"Oh. Okay."

Within seconds, Ah Ben quickly looked at him, surprised. "WU YING JIE?"

Aaron nodded, looking at him weirdly as Ah Ben stared at him, shocked. When the elevator doors open, Aaron looked up to see the lights blinking ‘level 3’ he could hear some girls squealing over his looks, so being the celebrity he was, he waved at them while flashing his infamous smile that could melt their hearts in an instant. Ah Ben could only smile as he quickly told his fellow co-workers to wait for the next elevator. They were sad that they weren’t riding with Aaron but if it was Ah Ben who was with him, they knew that it was probably an important meeting. Right?

 

"YOU KNOW HER REAL NAME?"

Aaron nodded as he looked around the elevator with LED lights and mirrors surrounding them.

"No one calls her that in the office... Well, I do, sometimes. Whenever we are alone, I call her that. But she hates it when I call her by that name... shesh, it’s just a name. Why get so defensive?"

"Alone?"

He glared at him as Ah Ben stepped back slowly.

"I am her assistant and a close friend so it comes out naturally. We’re just friends, close friends."

"Oh... that's a relief."

He whispered lightly enough for him to hear while Ah Ben stared at his reflection. "Take me to her."

"WHAT?"

"Now."

"NOW?"

"Are you deaf?"

"NO! It's just..." Aaron was about to walk away when Ah Ben called after him. "Just wait a second!"

 

 

Mr. Wu's part

Mr. Wu stared at Ah Ben leading the boy into the elevators as he turned to his assistant, finding something strange. When the reporters did a short introduction about what happened earlier, his name came out.

"Aaron Yan?"

The assistant beside him nodded, adjusting his frames as Mr. Wu his chin. Trying not to worry too much about it as a swarm of cameras formed a circle around him.

"MR. WU! CAN YOU TELL US ABOUT YOUR SUDDEN ANNOUNCEMENT EARLIER? IS IT REALLY TRUE?"

Mr. Wu chuckled as he looked into the cameras while the security guards tried to block the news reporters from coming too close.

"All your questions will be answered soon. In the meantime, please wait for the exciting news."

He chuckled as he walked into the elevators.

When the elevator door shut, Mr. Wu kept his hands behind his back, showing his superiority and strong presence as his mind kept wandering around. He would be asleep to not notice if something was strange, he knew he heard of his name before, somewhere in the past... but how?

"Aaron Yan..."

Mr. Wu looked over at his assistant, chuckling. "Do you know him?"

"No. But he works in the entertainment industry."

Mr. Wu chuckled, recalling that he got the news that the popular music group Fahrenheit were the first ones to use the newly built hotel that Even was working on.

"Aaron Yan..."

He repeated over and over again, trying to figure out why his name seemed so familiar.

"Have I ever met this kid?"

When his assistant didn't respond, Mr. Wu grew restless, trying to figure it out.

"I want you to do a background check on him."

"May I ask why? He's looks like a normal guy. He could be here for an meeting with the marketing team, why do you want a background check on him?"

"I don't think so.... There's something about him that doesn’t feel right. Just get me his information, a simple background check would be sufficient."

His personal assistant nodded as the elevator doors opened.

"For the mean time, keep this matter away from Ying Jie. The last thing I want is for her to be on my case about looking into other people’s life without permission. I am simply just trying to make the world a better place, is that so hard to understand?"

 

 

Even Wu's part

 

"I never wanted us to break up."

This is it, the two years of anguish is finally coming out.

"Then why did you do it? With Amanda? MY FRIEND? REALLY? HOW LOW CAN YOU GO? I TRUSTED YOU! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO MY BEST FRIEND? DID YOU THINK I WOULDN’T FIND OUT? IF YOU DIDN’T PLAN ON TELLING ME, HOW LONG DID YOU WANT TO KEEP IT A SECRET? A DAY? A MONTH? 5 YEARS?"

"WE NEVER DID ANYTHING!"

"Really? How can I trust you when there were pictures to prove it?"

He turned quiet as Gui clenched her hands.

"Y—Y—Y—You..."

She stuttered, struggling to find the right words but nothing came out.

"I have nothing left to say, all these years when you weren't here, you gave me time to think about my life, about my future, and about us."

He slowly looked up at her as she sighed, pushing him away to give them distance while she tried to calm herself down.

She has been working like crazy, trying to escape any discussions that was related to her personal life.

But the more she tried to run-a-way from the subject, the more painful it became for her to face it head on

"We never did anything. I swear. I don't know what made you to think that something happened when nothing happened!"

"Then tell me, what exactly happened between you guys?"