Chapter 24

Showing You Happiness

 

 

"I always wanted this..."

– Aaron Yan

 

He whispered as he slowly pulled away, giving her what she wanted, space.

 

 

 

Wu’s Vacation House cont.

"Did you ever thought about me?"

 

 

Of course she have, how can she forget?

 

 

"I thought about you. I would constantly look out the window to see if you were walking out on the streets, I would try to search through the crowd during concerts or fan-meetings, hoping that I would hear you cheer me on. I knew you left me, but I didn't want to believe it. I choose not to believe it and continue to like you. As ridiculous as it sounds, I wanted to believe that everything and anything you wrote to me was true."

He stared at her as she slowly started breaking down, with one hand on her cheeks, he couldn’t feel anything other than his heavy breathing against hers.

"I wanted to believe in you, no... us.... so please, don't go too far from me..."

His eyes closed as Ying Jie gasped, catching him before his head hit the floor.

"Y...Ya...Lun... Ya Lun... YA LUN!" She violently shook him as she felt his temperature.

"OH MY GOD! YOU’RE  BURNING UP!"

She did everything a person would do to treat a fever. While she placed a towel on his forehead, feeding him some medicine first before collapsing beside him, her mind wasn’t at ease. She didn’t know if this was the fever talking or the normal Yan Ya Lun that was trying to puzzle everything together. Everything has been unexpected, the things she wanted to hide, she could feel herself giving up all the strength she had. To tell Yan Ya Lun and Aaron the truth would be something she hasn’t planned.

 

At the end of the day, she haven’t eaten any proper meals so her level of physical activity was extremely low, so her palm her hand rested on her cheek as she stare at him.

"I'm sorry... I made you wait for a long time didn't I?"

She laughed at her silliness as she sighed.

"I, too have been thinking of you. Everyone around me view me as the incredible Miss. Even Wu with no compassion and no fun, only work focused. I won’t deny the fact that I am heartless because I can be. I am the type of person who is constantly searching for projects that keeps her schedule booked, without missing or delaying anything. But do you know why I always demand more work? It's because I don't want to keep thinking about you. Because once my mind isn’t thinking about business, it will come back to you. I made a promise that I will keep you safe and I plan to stand by it."

She wiped the tears away.

"I know that the letter I wrote to you was really stupid. But I had no other choice, I needed you to get better so you can see this beautiful world once again. You once told me that you wanted to be a singer, with your future already mapped out, all you needed to do was to get yourself treated. So if you think about it, I didn't sacrifice as much as you did. Even though we were not together for a long time, we have been thinking about each other... Haven't we?"

She fanned herself, trying not to go overboard with the waterfall of tears.

"Please... Ya Lun, get better."

She whispered as she walked out of the room, trying not to wake him up.

 

 

{ xx }

 

 

Aaron Yan's part

 

"I NEVER LOVED YOU!"

Ying Jie shouted out as Ya Lun clenched his hands, angry at her for betraying him once again.

"Ying Jie... please, don't do this. Not now."

No matter how much or how long he would plead, she wasn't going to change her answer.

"Aaron, get out of my office."

She coldly stated as she walked off, holding onto another man's arm as they smiled happily. Aaron tried to run after her but his leg's wouldn't move. He wanted to open his lips to speak, wanting to scream as loud as his lungs can endure but nothing came out.

 

 

 

 

Aaron shot up, his breathing was heavy as he got up, afraid of going back to sleep only to be dreaming about the same dream again, so he sat there, trying to ease his mind before he could think about anything else.

 

'It's was just a dream'

 

 

As he looked around the room, finding himself in an unfamiliar room, wondering how he came here or what happened before he out. Thinking he must’ve fainted or some crazy person is going to skin him alive, he quickly got out of the bed. Bending down to pick his shoes up but there was someone that crossed his line of vision.

He turned his attention to find Ying Jie sleeping on the couch, he felt relieved that she was still there and a smile graced his face.

 

Was he still dreaming?

 

He was about to get up but when he heard a vibration, he quickly grabbed the cellphone, putting the ringer on silent before looking over to see if she woke up. Not yet.

So he grabbed a blanket, placing it gently over her as he carried her into the bed.

"Sleep tight."

He whispered quietly as he walked out of the room.

 

 

{ xx }

 

Even Wu's part

She got up, yawning while she stretched herself. Slowly scanning the room to find herself on the bed, looking around to find Ya Lun gone. She jumped out of bed and looked into every room, but he wasn't anywhere upstairs.

"Ya Lu—"

She stopped as Ya Lun looked at her with a spatula.

"What do you think you’re doing?"

She asked, putting her hand on his forehead to check the temperature.

"At least it went down."

She whispered as he grinned, knowing how much he means to her. "I'm going back upstairs."

She was about to walk back upstairs when Aaron held onto her by the hand.

"Dinner will be done soon!"

He smiled happily as the yellow flowery patterned apron made him look like the mother versus looking like a father. She was about to walk back up to her room when Ya Lun decided to play a little prank.

"OUCH!"

He yelled out, dropping the knife that was suddenly in his hands as he placed little pressure onto his finger, like it has been cut. Once she heard his cry, she quickly ran to him, looking around his finger but when she saw no blood.

Before she knew it, he held his 'injured' finger as he laughed like a little kid with a bag filled with tricks.

"You must've been worried!"

She glared at him as she pinched his nose hard, feeling the pain as she scoffed, walking up stairs. Aaron touched his nose as he smiled, it felt like the missing piece to his life had came back to him.

Even changed into her causal clothes and walked back downstairs slowly, while checking her never-ending messages and calls.

There were unlimited messages left on her phone, scrolling down to the bottom of the list, it was mainly Ah Ben and Sheng Yi. She must’ve been tired to put her phone on silent, since she never leaves it on silent or vibrate. Thinking that this was the result of being tired, she didn’t have any suspicions.

She literally jumped at the sound of her phone ringing once her screen flashes the caller ID to be her ‘father’ so she end the call quickly, but just when she was about to put her phone down, another caller by the name ‘Ah Ben’ called.

 

"GUI! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEEN? EVERYONE'S IN PANIC BECAUSE THEY FOUND OUT THAT YOU WENT MISSING! WHERE ARE YOU? I'LL ARRANGE A RI—"

"AH BEN!"

 

He stopped talking as he dropped his fork, causing Ya Tou to look at him weirdly.

"What's my schedule like for tomorrow?"

"Why are you talking to me about work at a time like this? You should be coming back to the office. Becau–"

"Ah Ben." He stopped, taking out her schedule. "YES! I AM LISTENING."

"What time does my schedule start?"

"8:30AM MA’AM."

"What's the first appointment?" He remained silent.

"Is it important?"

He stayed silent as she rubbed her temples."If it isn't important, push it back, I might be late tomorrow."

With that, she ended the call. Freaking Ah Ben and Ya Tou out like crazy, since this was the first time Even had pushed anything back.

 

 

"Ying Jie!"

Aaron called out as he ran over to her, but it never occurred to both of them that it was slippery from the water spill earlier while he was cooking. Unable to catch the spill, he ended falling on top of her as she groaned in pain whereas his brow arched as she gasped. Holding onto her breath as they stared at one another, unable to move.

"Aren't you going to get off?"

"Why? I like this position."

He simply stated as he smirked, staring at her beauty while she tried to push him away but he was like a giant boulder, refusing to budge.

The longer they continued to look at each other, the more they wanted to skip breakfast and concentrate on something else. But Ying Jie wasn't going to give in easily, she grinned from ear to ear.

"What do you want Aaron?"

"What do I want?"

He continued to stare at her lips as she closed the gap between them, giving him a kiss. It felt like the whole world stopped as Aaron eyes widen, not knowing what just happened. Ying Jie just played innocent, telling him that it was nothing. But deep down, he hoped that it wasn’t just nothing.

Before she can refuse, he returned her kiss. With every kiss he gave her, the longer they kissed, and it slowly became passionate.

 

 

Even if the world was looking for them like crazy, neither of them wanted to stop.

 

 

However, during the entire time, Ying Jie's phone had been ringing nonstop. The caller was Qiu Sheng Yi.