Piecing it together

Our love story

 

Baekhyun closed his luggage and fell back onto his bed. Staring up at the ceiling, he sighed. He was going to leave for Seoul tonight. He was going to leave everything behind him, literally everything. Even the women he loved so dearly. 
 
"Kamin..." Baekhyun murmured to himself, his eyes tracing the faint cracks on the almost flawless ceiling. Tao had graciously given him the best room out of the ten rooms in his big mansion and it was a beautiful room, seemingly unblemished. Baekhyun stared up at the ceiling. 
 
"Baekhyun. Everything could look beautiful, flawless and perfect. But nothing is ever like that." He muttered to himself. His fingers traced the air lazily. 
 
He once thought that the love he and Kamin shared was unblemished and perfect. Yet, the events that had unfolded recently made him think twice about it. No longer was their love an eternal one as it is ending. Right. Now. 
 
Baekhyun suddenly sat up straight as many memories shot through his mind.
 
"I will always love you,Kamin. You know that right?" 
 
"Of course. And I will always love you too. We will always be together, baek." 
 
All those promises that once meant so much are now empty. And all that beautiful love is no longer in existence for it has disappeared. Love is just like a rubber band. The other party has let go of the other end of the rubber band and the one who continues to hold on would only get hurt on the end. What else can that one do but let go?
 
Baekhyun buried his head in his hands. "And now, I am really letting go." 
 
But can I? A small voice hollered in his head. 
 
Baekhyun pushed away that voice, trying to keep himself preoccupied with happy memories. But, Kamin was in every one of them. Shutting his eyes, he finally relented and allowed all of them to come to him once again. Starting from the top. 
 
The first time he had laid eyes on her... He thought she was really pretty with her large eyes and long luscious hair. 
 
And as he got to know her, he saw the inner beauty in her and he thought she was the most beautiful woman. Despite her imperfections, he loved her with all his heart and he swore that he would do anything to make her smile, to make her happy, to prevent her from drowning in her tears, to save her from danger and to love her with all of his heart.
 
Finally, at the dance, he mustered up the courage to confess and finally got Kamin to be his girlfriend. He was so happy that night he couldn't even sleep as he trembled with happiness in his bed, thinking about her and only her. His angel.  
 
The first two years were blissful. Everything was just great. But then, there came the tragedy. Baekhee, filled with jealously, took a knife and —
 
Baekhyun squeezed his eyes shut at the memory. Blood, pain and hurt. He had sworn never to let her cry but he was pitifully helpless when the knife plunged into Kamin's abdomen, killing her baby and... Our love. 
 
It was at that moment where Kamin started to think otherwise about the relationship. Baekhyun could see why she decided to leave for Tokyo alone. Baekhyun was the one who allowed the abortion of the baby and no matter how much he apologized, he knew that Kamin could never get over the sense of loss easily. 
 
But what else could I have done? Out of love, I had to do that. And I don't know why I am even sorry for it. 
 
Baekhyun sighed. (He had been sighing a lot these few days) Kamin was very sentimental and she was extremely excited for the birth of their baby. Baekhyun could clearly remember how her pair of amygdaloid eyes would light up every time they talked about the naming of their baby and how her hands would clasp around his as they talked about married life.
 
But those things would be nothing but a past memory, a dream never going to be realized. 
 
 And then Baekhyun came to Tokyo, searching for her. He searched high and low in every nook and cranny of Tokyo and finally, he found her. He thought he had finally found his love and everything seemed to be perfect until... Kamin took another man's hand, announcing the start of a new relationship. 
 
"Kai...is my boyfriend."
 
Kai... Baekhyun clenched his fists tightly. He swore at that moment she was kidding but now, she is going to get married with him and he could not do anything about it. 
 
Slamming his fist into the wall, Baekhyun swore under his breath. He tried so hard to salvage this relationship but what he got back was heartbreak after heartbreak. What else could he do but give up...?
 
"Baekhyun?" Tao suddenly appeared, his head popped out from behind the door. 
 
"Yeah?" Baekhyun replied tiredly.
"You have a visitor." 
 
"A visitor? Who?" Baekhyun scratched his head in confusion. 
 
"Ummm..." Tao trailed off, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly before he finally broke the silence. 
 
"Kai."