Revelation

Our love story

 

"Love is a contradiction." Kamin quoted the book before she sighed and placed the book aside. She and Kai had gone out yesterday, strolling along the streets of Tokyo, hand in hand, as the snowflakes danced around them. She had stopped by a bookshop to purchase some books to 'kill time'. She had said that to Kai but deep down inside, she knew what she was trying to kill was her whirlwind of thoughts that were circling around just one boy. 
 
The boy who had mended her heart, stole her heart and then broke it in the end. 
 
She was clearly aware of his presence in Tokyo, causing her to peep around corners and move around cautiously in case she caught a glimpse of his soft, brown hair. She could not stand the sight of him, for fear of what she would do. These few days, she had managed to go without seeing him. She should be happy, yet her heart burns with a longing to see him again.But then again, as she thinks of the past, the happy memories are blemished with that one memory of blood, pain and loss. 
 
She squeezed her eyes shut and lay back down on her bed just as the door opened. She opened her eyes as a hand gently brushed away the locks of hair on her forehead. "Kai." She smiled as she shifted over, giving him some space. He tucked his legs into the blanket and allowed Kamin to rest her head on his broad chest. "Slept well?" Kai asked.
 
Kamin looked up,"yeah...you?" 
 
Kai smiled tenderly, affection twinkling in his eyes. "With you around, why wouldn't I sleep well? Even if I am in the other room, just knowing that you are around comforts me so much and I go to sleep happily. You know, it seems like you are the key to my happiness. No." Kai shook his head, before he corrected himself.
 
"You are my happiness." 
 
Kamin managed a smile as she sat up, shifting a little uncomfortably. "Why not we go out for a walk?" 
 
Kai nodded before taking her hand. "Where do you wanna go today?" He asked.
 
She turned her head to look out of the living room's windows.She pursed her lips. "It's a hard choice." The sun was high up in the sky and cast a golden warm glow on the earth,"there are so many choices...The park and the-" Kamin whipped around suddenly, startling Kai. Her eyes shined with a childlike excitement. "What about Disneyland? We could spend the whole day there to play." She suggested. 
 
Kai nodded eagerly,"sure. I haven't been to Disneyland." He chuckled,"perhaps we could relive our youth." He pulled her closer to him so that he could feel her heartbeat. He gently tucked a lock of flyaway hair behind her ear. Kamin stiffened a little but she remained in that position. Reliving our...past. Our youth, our relationship and our..love? 
 
Kai probably took the nonverbal hint and stepped one step back. He cleared his throat,"we better go now before it gets too late. I will go grab a jacket. You can go outside first."
 
Kamin swallowed and nodded her head. She walked towards the door and turned the knob, opening the door to the warm, embracing streets of Tokyo. The streets were almost empty except for a few random people taking their leisurely walk. Perhaps everyone had gone to work since it was a weekday. Kai specially took time off to accompany her and Kamin was more than happy for the company. She hated feeling alone. She hated that feeling of a hollow and empty soulless heart. She had that feeling ever since then and it felt as if an important part of her was missing, lost. Kamin gazed at the blue skies that were polka dotted with white fluffy clouds and upon feeling a gentle breeze, she closed her eyes, feeling it caress her face and tugging playfully at her long hair.
 
Then, a pair of arms wrapped around her waist and she heard a voice saying her name. Her name was said with such conflicting emotion that Kamin could not decipher what exactly are the emotions present. On one hand, it was filled with such tender, bruising love that made her shudder as she felt the pair of arms tighten around her waist and a chin resting on her should. On the other hand, it was said with so much pain and sadness that she was confused. She turned her head around to find herself face to face with Baekhyun. opened in shock. She squirmed free of his hold and backed away from him. 
 
"Get away from me." Kamin struggled to get the words out of . His surprise visit was definitely not pleasant. 
 
"Kamin..." He reached out to hold her hand but she started running. He gave chase and caught her easily by the waist. She tried hitting him but it didnt work. His eyes shone and he held her against him," listen to me. Just for a minute. The last time I met you, you told me that you wanted me to forget you like how, perhaps, easily you forgot about me. But I don't think that's possible, not for this fool who has fallen so deeply in love with you. How can I forget you, Kamin? Is that even reasonable? And is coming all the way to Tokyo and getting a new guy even reasonable to you? Kamin, have you ever spared a thought for me?" 
 
Kamin blinked away her tears as she looked into his eyes,"one minute is over and now you can leave." She pulled away but Baekhyun did not relent. 
 
"Answer me. I need an answer today." Baekhyun tightened his grip on her wrist.
 
"I don't love you anymore." Kamin choked.
 
"Really? Can you said it one more time?' 
" I. Don't. Love. You. Anymore." Kamin repeated, emphasizing every syllabus.
 
"Is that true?' Baekhyun looked into her eyes," because I don't believe you. I know that deep inside your heart, I am still there. Don't lie to me, Kamin. I know you. You still-" 
 
"What's the matter now? Why are you still harassing Kamin?" Kai shoved Baekhyun away, taking Kamin's hand. 
 
"Baekhyun, I am not lying to you. And you actually came at the right time for us to tell you some good news.I am sure that the news would make you believe me." Kamin spoke.
 
"Hmm?" Kai murmured under his breath, looking at her. 
 
Ignoring Kai, Kamin took a deep breath and announced,"Kai and I are going to get married."