Forever?

Our love story

 

Kamin leaned against the door of Kai's car, drawing meaningless squiggles against the glass window as she stared out of the window. She had just done something rash and bold, without thinking. 
 
"What were you thinking?"  Kai burst out, shattering the silence. 
 
What was I thinking? Kamin sighed. "Just drive, Kai." 
 
Kai inhaled deeply, "to where? To where, Kamin?"
 
"I don't know. Just drive." Kamin's hand dropped to her lap and she started to play with her fingers.
 
"Well, Kamin. As a matter of fact, I have been driving for the past 10 minutes and you haven't even said anything about our marriage." Kai stopped the car by the roadside. He unbuckled his seatbelt and turned to face Kamin, his eyes serious. 
 
"Kamin, I don't get why you did that and how you even got to that idea. Can you please tell me why? Stop evading me, stop hiding, stop escaping from this." Kai ran his fingers through his tousled hair. Kamin had bluntly told her ex-fiancé that she and Kai were getting married and what happened to him later on? 
 
"Kai and I are getting married."  Kamin spoke, taking Kai's hand in hers. It was only in front of the suave gentlemen, Baekhyun that Kamin initiated skinship. Kai realized and deep inside, he started to have doubts.
 
"What, Kamin?" Baekhyun's eyes widened,"are you...serious? Tell me you are joking." He stepped forward to try to touch her but she stepped away.
 
"No, Baekhyun. Kai and I have discussed and we decided to get married. Soon, in fact. I hope you will give us your blessings." Kamin's voice quivered.
 
"Kai, is she telling the truth?" Baekhyun asked, his eyes showing his sadness and hopelessness. Kai knew that he loved her, still. But with the squeeze from Kamin, he obediently nodded his head and apologized to Baekhyun with a slight bow. It was a heavy blow, even for a guy. This guy loved Kamin, Kai could see that. He loved her so much...
 
"Alright then. I... I thought I could do something to salvage this relationship. But I guess you have chosen your path, Kamin. I sincerely wish you and Kai all the best." Baekhyun stepped back, his eyes dull. Kamin turned to leave after bowing slightly and before Kai turned, he was held back by Baekhyun.
 
"Kai, please take care of Kamin. Give her all of your love and shower her with affection. When she can't sleep at night, sing to her because that's how she would be able to sleep. When she is tired, give her a cup of hot chocolate. And when she is sad, remember to comfort her. Cherish her because she is the most wonderful girl I have ever met. Beautiful, talented, smart, caring, understanding and..." Baekhyun stopped himself before he gave a wan smile,"just take care of her or I will not let you off." 
 
Kai nodded and smiled," I will take care of her. Not to worry." 
 
"Kamin. I have been thinking these few days about things I thought would work out and that I thought we could iron out together. You broke up with Baekhyun and came to me. You told me about your past and decided to give me and give us a second chance. We got into a relationship and I am in love with you. But are you still in love with me?" Kai murmured the last sentence, but just audible enough for Kamin to hear. 
 
She turned to give Kai a look before she took his face with both hands, her fingers cool against his cheek. "What must I do to convince you that I love you?" She stared into his eyes, unwavering. 
 
Kai pulled her hands away and sighed. "Kamin, I don't need you to convince me now that you want to marry me. I just... I just want to ask you whether you really want to marry me." 
 
"Kai, don't you love me?" Kamin asked, taking his hand. 
 
"Yes." 
 
"And I love you too and I want to get married to you." Kamin kissed Kai on the lips for a considerable period of time before she drew back just to make her point.
 
"Alright then." Kai took her in his arms,"but shouldn't I propose to you like officially?" 
 
Kamin laughed,"okay." With that, they stepped out of the car and onto the snowy patch of land. The snow fell around them, encircling them in a white fantasy. 
 
Kai went down on one knee and held an imaginary ring. " I will get you a real one soon, I promise." Kai whispered.
 
"Kamin, the love of my life, the angel of my dreams. This humble man bends down on one knee today to ask you to give him your life, your soul and your heart which he would take care of for the rest of his life. Kamin, will you marry me?" Kai smiled. 
 
Kamin nodded, a small smile on her face. 
 
"And with that nod, I am contented and happy." Kai stood up and embraced Kamin tightly, breathing in her sweet scent of caramel and vanilla. 
 
And with that nod, I hope to be happy and carefree for the rest of my life. Kai, my happiness shall be in your hands. I will love you and you will love me. Hopefully, we will stay like that for eternity.