The wedding plan

Our love story

 

Kamin and Kai had decided to start planning for their wedding. It was going to be a simple one with few guests including only close friends and relatives and it was going to be done quickly without any complicated matters or events. Kamin specifically wanted it to get done quickly, causing Kai to for wanting to get married to him as soon as possible. Kamin laughed it off but deep inside, she knew the true reason.
 
"So the theme is...?" Kai asked, his pen poised above the notebook, ready to take down notes. 
 
"Hmmm." Kamin thought for a while," white. snowflakes?" 
 
"Good idea, since we are going to get married in winter." Kai nodded approvingly,"okay and should there be a band for the night? It's always nice to waltz on your wedding night." 
 
"Waltz..." A memory shot into Kamin's mind. 
 
"Kamin, I promise you I wouldn't let you shed a single tear. You will not experience a heartache okay? Do you know how terrible I feel just to see you cry? Can't you see me hurting?" Baekhyun had said that to her as they waltzed for the last time as friends and the first time as a couple. 
 
"Kamin?" Kai broke her train of thoughts. 
 
"Oh... Waltz would be good. I like waltz." Kamin faked a smile.
 
Kai definitely caught up on her uncomfortable and faked smile as he inched closer to her on the couch. He placed an arm around her," are you okay? You seem...unwell." 
 
Kamin shook her head, grateful for the concern he showed her but guilty for thinking of her last memories. "I am fine, thanks. It's just I am worried about the wedding. I am getting butterflies" 
 
Kai chuckled as he planted a small kiss on her cheek. "Honey, it's alright." 
 
Kamin bit back a smile,"why are you calling me honey suddenly?" That was so unlike Kai. 
 
"Well, I have to make an affectionate nickname for you. Isn't that what couples do?" Kai grinned.
 
"Couples..." Did he ever give me a nickname? Kamin wondered again. 
 
"Ya, you keep drifting off somewhere." Kai pretended to get angry,"we have things to do for our wedding." 
 
Kamin hit herself on the head,"sorry. Let's get on with it." Kai smiled and nodded.
 
"Alright. The food served?" Kai looked at his notebook. 
 
"It's up to you. I am fine with any kind of food." Kamin replied. 
 
"Alright. I think that should be about all..." Kai looked hard at his notebook, the page already filled with his neat handwriting. "The theme would be snowflakes and we would also probably have the decorations in white for the ballroom. The dress code would be white as well... Ah right, your wedding dress." Kai snapped his fingers.
 
"I think Yuki can help with that? She is amazing at making dresses." Kamin gushed.
 
"Oh yes, she made you that beautiful white dress that we wore to the masquerade ball, remember?" Kai's eye lit up. 
 
"Right, the masquerade ball." Kamin nodded. 
 
"You know, you remind me of someone too." He replied and they laughed. 
 
"Who is she?" Kamin asked. 
 
"She is someone...whom I love dearly." Baekhyun admitted,"it may sound cheesy but its hard to live without her. She was my first love and my only one until...I don't know, forever." 
 
"Wow, she must be really lucky." Kamin murmured. 
 
"The first time we met..." Kamin murmured. 
 
"Hmm?" Kai cocked his head but Kamin simply smiled and shook her head. 
 
"Nothing." Kamin looked away before she asked,"when is our wedding going to take place?" 
 
"Hmmm, with my efficiency and with the help of my staff, I think we could have our wedding in 10 days' time which is on the..." Kai counted on his fingers," 20 October." 
 
"Oh... That's really soon." Kamin trailed off. 
 
"Yeah, because you wanted to get it done as quickly as possible, right?" Kai smiled.
 
Kamin smiled uneasily back,"right. As soon as possible..."
 
Kamin ignored the small voice at the back of her head which whispered.
 
So that there will be no turning back.