Love hurts

Our love story

 

KAMIN
 
I stole another glance at my phone. It has been two days since Valentine's Day and there hasn't been a text from Baekhyun, not even one. The contents in the letter have been bugging me for the longest time ever. I wonder whether he is even thinking about me. "Ahhhhh," I screamed to myself, burying my face into my pillow. Baekhee, Baekhee...Who are you anyways and why does Baekhyun love you too. The thought brought a few tears into my red and puffy eyes. Having cried for the past two days and nights, all I had left was a sore heart. I reached for the tissue paper, dabbing my eyes gently, feeling the stinging pain that was always there after endless crying. 
 
Ding dong.  It must be Baekhyun. My heart leaped. It must be him. I bolted to the door after freshening up. "Baek-" I paused in half sentence. My face fell as my eyes fell on a brown-haired young lady. Her eyes twinkled as she smiled widely, showing off her pearly whites. Dressed in a sleeveless top accompanied by a cashmere sweater and a pair of denim shorts, she hugged me, causing me to nearly fall over. "Kamin! It's me." She squealed as she jumped up and down, her high ponytail bobbing in equal fashion.
 
 
I took a closer look at her. "Rachel?" I finally spoke. 
 
"Ehhhhh, yeah?" she eyed me,"don't tell me you forgot about me..." she wailed.
 
I hushed her," no, no. I didn't. You are still as loud."
 
She giggled, nodding. 
 
"Come in then." I lead her into my house. Her eyes widened at the interior designs of my house and slowly scrutinized the photos framed up nicely in cool black frames. Rachel was my best friend in high school but went abroad to further her studies. Witty as she was, she was loud and bubbly. We could talk about literally everything, from fashion to boys. She was fun to be around, a party animal most of the time. But when she gets serious, she is serious. That was what I liked about her. It was nice to see her again.
 
"Who is this, Kamin?" she said in a sing-song voice, pointing a french-manicured finger at the selcas Baekhyun and I took just a few weeks ago. I groaned, burying my face into the sofa. "I don't wanna talk about him. I am currently worrying over our relationship."
Rachel plopped herself down beside me, her eyes a little worried. "Kamin, what happened?"
 
I took a deep breath and rambled on what happened between the two of us just a few days ago. 
 
"What is your dear boyfriend's name?" she asked, a quizzical look on her face as she heard Baekhee's name.
 
"Baekhyun. Byun baekhyun."
 
Contrary to what I expected, she stood up, her arms akimbo. "Seriously? Kamin, you got jealous over Baekhee?"  I shot her a look," what do you mean?"
 
"Baekhee. Byun Baekhee. Hello? Same surname?" she waved her arms around,"she went to the same school as I did abroad and I think she came back a year ago?"
 
I hit myself on the head much to the surprise of Rachel. Shucks, I made the worst mistake in my entire life. No wonder Baekhyun said... I am such a pabo. I am sorry, Baekhyun. I am sorry that I doubted you. Tears spilled out as I mentally slapped myself for doubting Baekhyun. Rachel handed me tissue after tissue as she patted my back comfortingly.
 
"Shh. It's okay, it's okay. Don't cry. I am sure he doesn't blame you..." Rachel said softly.I shook my head as I wept,"I made such a egregious mistake. If we don't get back together, I will never forgive myself."
 
"Cheer up, Kamin. He does love you, right? If he really loves you, he wouldn't hold a grudge because of this. Trust me." Rachel squeezed my arm reassuringly. 
 
"Really?" I looked up, teary eyed.
 
"Yes, you pabo. Come on, don't cry already. I came here specially just to see you. You are not going to spend my whole day weeping." Rachel stood up, her eyes twinkling once more,"let's go out and have a girls' day out!" 
 
I smiled a little, wiping away the last of my tears."Okay, let me go change out of this." 
 
She clapped her hands in glee as I headed for the bedroom. I guess I should try to take my mind away from Baekhyun for a while.