Two again

Our love story

 

KAMIN
It was only at 10pm that I bade farewell to Rachel before heading home. I trudged back home, my legs sore from walking along the countless aisles of shops. The shopping trip with Rachel didn't keep me from thinking about Baekhyun. His smile would pop out at random moments when I was looking at dresses or eating some cotton candy. After cleaning up, I flung myself onto my bed. 
 
The clock struck 11pm as I continued the tossing and turning on my bed, my mind unable to rest. It had already become a routine after Valentine's Day and even sleeping pills wouldn't help in my case. Guilt nibbled at my heart as Rachel's words replayed over and over again in my head. Baekhee. Byun Baekhee. Hello? Same surname?
 
Baekhee is Baekhyun's sister. I buried my face into my pillow. How could I be so stupid... I should go apologize now and beg for his forgiveness. 
 
No, he didn't talk to me after the incident. He might be angry.He might not even want to see me. Voices came floating into my head. I shook my head, sighing. Right, he might not even want to talk to me. Who knows, he might be just doing well without me. 
 
BAEKHYUN
 
I lay in bed, staring at the ceiling. I could literally draw out my ceiling with every minute detail from the nights just staring at them. I missed her. I missed her so much that I would think about her everyday. I missed her smile, her voice and her company. It hurts to not see her for two days. I looked towards her window. It was dark. She must be sleeping now. Is she sad or angry? Is she crying? Did she fall sick? 
 
Guilt aroused in my heart. I should have just explained to her.
 
Is that even necessary? Byun Baekhyun. She doubts your love for her. The devil in my mind spoke. Ignoring it, I walked towards the door. I need some fresh air.
 
KAMIN
 
Frustrated, I leapt out of bed and walked out. Fresh air would be good. I have to sort out my thoughts anyways.
 
The street lights were , casting a dim glow just enough to illuminate the 
path ahead. I shivered as the cool wind blew, wrapping my arms around me to keep me warm. I should have brought  a jacket. Oh well. I continued walking slowly, aimlessly. My thoughts drifted to Baekhyun. I looked up to his unit. Is he asleep already? I hung my head down. It's all my fault that we have become like this. All because of me, we have drifted apart and I am sure both of our hearts are sore already. I put a hand on my heart. Would he forgive me? 
 
"Kamin?" A gentle voice spoke. I looked around, searching for the source of the voice. My eyes finally rested upon a tall figure with soulful eyes. 
 
"Baek-, Baekhyun?" my voice croaked.
 
"yes. That's me," he chuckled uneasily as he walked closer to me. His eyes were tired, his hair a little disheveled.
 
We stood there for a while, leaving a respectable gap in between us. Silence fell over us.
 
"I am sorry, Baekhyun," I burst out,"I... I am sorry to have doubted you and I..." A lump formed in my throat. "I couldn't sleep the last few nights as I was thinking about our relationship. We have made it so far and I don't want our relationship to end just like this. I know I am in no position to ask you for your forgiveness but I am really sorry and I don't know what came over me then that made me shut you out,"wiping away the tears that have fell silently, I continued," My friend came over today and she told me that Baekhee was your sister. At that moment, I hated myself for doubting you and hated myself for being the one who made us like this. How could I doubt you when we have been through so much together and... Baekhyun, I am sorry. " I whispered the last sentence over and over again. 
 
BAEKHYUN
 
"Baekhyun, I am sorry. I am sorry..." She repeated those words over and over again, her tears streaming down her cheeks. I took her into my arms, embracing her tightly as I her hair."It's okay, Kamin. It's okay. I don't blame you. Hush now. I don't want to see you cry like this." I whispered into her ear. I felt her body tremble as she sobbed,"Baekhyun, I... I am sorry." 
 
I felt tears in my own eyes but held them back," Kamin, don't be. I am sorry too. I should have... I should have just explained to you instead of walking away. It's my fault too." 
 
"Baekhyun..." She struggled with her words,"you...you don't have to forgive me if you don't want to." 
 
I looked into her eyes,putting a finger on her lips. "Kamin, I have long forgave you. I love you, how can I be angry at you?" I caressed her cheeks with the back of my hand," and besides, Kamin. No matter how you would ignore me in the future, I still wouldn't let go of you, just like how you wouldn't let go of me. I spent sleepless nights too, thinking of you. Kamin, I missed you so much."
 
"I missed you too, Baekhyun. I am really sorry for what I did and I promise I will never doubt you again. " she put her hand over mine, firmly grasping it. 
 
I wiped away her tears, nodding," it's okay now. We are together again."
 
She nodded, giving me the seraphic smile that I missed. I took her hands as we slowly walked back. 
 
"Are you cold?" I breathed hot air on her hands, rubbing them together.
 
She smiled,nodding. 
 
"You must be cold at home too," I murmured out, giving her a playful smile.
 
"Mmmm," she replied, before shooting me a playful look,"do you want to keep me company tonight? My bed misses you too."
 
I grinned," I wouldn't miss it for the time of my life."