Wandering

Our love story

 

"Hello there. Have you seen this girl anywhere before?" Baekhyun asked a shopkeeper in fluent Japanese. He had learnt japanese once from an old friend and he was glad that he did because it finally came in handy. 
 
"No, I am sorry. I have never seen her. Are you looking for her?" The elderly shopkeeper asked kindly, a smile on her face. 
 
"Oh it's okay. Yes, I am looking for her." Baekhyun managed a smile, hiding his disappointment. He was still feeling disappointed though he had asked countless shopkeepers the same question. Baekhyun had been roaming around shops that may be of Kamin's fancies, asking the shop owners whether they had seen a girl that looks like Kamin. But none of them had any recollection of her. He looked at the screen, heaving a deep sigh. It was a selca that they had taken. Both of them were smiling widely and Baekhyun wished that they were still like that. Now, they were miles apart. 
 
"Don't be disheartened, young man. I believe you will find her very soon." The elderly woman gave a knowing smile. 
 
"Thank you very much. I hope so too." Baekhyun thanked the lady and left the shop, the door chimes twinkling in his wake.
 
Baekhyun crossed out yet another street on his map. He had been traveling all around Tokyo for the past week and he found nothing. Not a glimpse of the silky brown hair or those pair of soulful eyes to be seen anywhere. 
 
Baekhyun sat himself down on a wooden bench, looking up at the sky. Where are you, Kamin? Do you know how much I miss you? I want you back. Even if you don't want me... I have to find you. You never gave me a chance to explain.  It's totally you, huh? Just like valentine's day, you thought Baekhee was another girl that I loved, only that she was my sister. In the end, we patched up and carried on. Can't we do the same now? Can't we get back together? 
 
Baekhyun sighed as he glanced back down to the ground. I am really a fool in love. I feel like I am at rock bottom without you. What about you, Kamin? How are you feeling now? Are you sad? Are you missing me? Or... His heart ached at the thought of it. Or have you moved on? 
 
Baekhyun sat on the bench for a while as he gazed into space. No. Kamin, I know you do love me, don't you? You are just rash, jumping to conclusions and decisions when you don't mean it. I know you. No one else knows you better. And I know that you still miss me, no matter what you say...right? Kamin ah, I will find you, no matter what it takes
 
With a firm nod to agree with himself, Baekhyun got up from the bench. He walked along the streets of Tokyo, passing by a large hotel which read Dai-ichi Hotel. That was where he currently resided in. He chanced upon it on his very first day of arrival and had stayed there ever since. He continued walking along the streets, looking into the shops that Kamin might be in.
 
 A glimpse of brown hair. 
 
Baekhyun immediately became alert. Only her back view was seen but she looks so much like Kamin. He rushed into the store without any hesitation and grabbed her hand. 
 
"Kamin!" He exclaimed. She spun around. 
 
"Uhm." The lady spoke,"I think you got the wrong person." 
 
"Oh, sorry. I am sorry." Baekhyun bowed apologetically, letting go of her hand immediately. He rubbed his neck embarrassed as he walked out of the store. He shook his head, mentally scolding himself for not looking properly. Aish, Byun Baekhyun... You can't go around grabbing anyone's hands just like that, especially females!
 
"내 눈엔...
너 만 보인다는말...
난...거짓말이라고 생각해...
내눈엔 많은 사람들이 보여..
그 치만..그 많은 사람들 중에서
" 너만을 찾게돼..."
 
In my eyes...
The saying that you're the only one I see...
That, I believe is a lie...
In my eyes, I see a lot of people...
But, throughout that group of people,
I only search for you." Baekhyun said to Kamin as they snuggled on the couch. 
 
"You better only search for me. And don't you go around initiating skinship with other women, okay?" Kamin shot him a 'I-seriously-mean-it' look. 
 
Baekhyun held his hands up. "I am only madly in love with the women in front of me now." 
 
Kamin laughed,"good." 
 
 
Baekhyun jumped as a loud honk disrupted his thoughts. A expensive looking car had pulled up just beside him. The car window wound down.
 
"Hey." A dapper young gentlemen popped his head out of the car window, waving merrily with a Cheshire grin on his face,"long time no see, Baekhyun."