Lunch

Our love story

 

"And so this is what you mean by something much better than an expensive dinner." Kamin said, leaning against the kitchen sink. 
 
"Yup, what can be better than having a CEO cook lunch for you?" Kai chuckled as he grilled the fish. Beads of perspiration were forming on his tanned forehead. To be honest, Kai has not Ben cooking much at home ever since Kamin and him broke up. Cooking was usually their favorite pastime. In the past, of course.
 
"What are you cooking anyways?" Kamin propped her elbows on the table and gazed at Kai curiously.
 
"Your favorite fish that I am grilling now,"Kai gestured to the white fish that has turned a crispy golden brown,"with my special ramen and kimchi soup to fill that stomach of yours."
 
"You still...remember?" Kamin asked, surprise in her eyes.
 
"Of course, you always bugged me to cook that for you," Kai caught himself,"but that was in the past... The past. Yeah." He trailed off awkwardly. Whereas, Kamin herself was caught up in her own memory. 
 
"What shall we cook today?" Kai asked, wrapping his muscular arms around Kamin's waist. 
 
"Mm... Grilled fish! It's my favorite." Kamin okay her hands on Kai's arms, feeling his body warmth radiating from him. 
 
"Again?!" Kai pretended to get angry,"do you love it so much? " He gasped dramatically,"or even love it more than me?!" Kamin giggled.
 
"Of course not, silly. Fishes are meant to be consumed and if you were to compare, you aren't a fish anyways. You,"Kamin pinched his nose,"are a cat."
 
"A cat?" 
 
"Yeah." Kamin wrapped his arms around Kai's neck," because you are purrrrrrrrrr-fect." 
 
"Aww babe. Then you must be a mouse." Kai tucked a strand of flyaway hair behind her ear. 
 
Kamin wrinkled her nose,"why a mouse?" 
 
"Because this cat has been chasing you for ages." Kai leaned in closer, a smile tugging at his lips.
 
"Well, you've caught me a long long time ago." Kamin whispered seductively before she planted a kiss of his lips,"I am yours to keep." 
 
"Kamin? Kamin?" Kai's voice zapped her back to reality. 
 
"Huh? Yeah? Sorry... I got lost in my own thoughts." Kamin smiled, trying to will her heart to beat at its normal pace.
 
"It's fine. And the grilled fish is ready. The kimchi soul and ramen should be done too." Kai slid a generous serving for perfectly grilled fish onto each of their ceramic plates with a dash of pepper on the top. Kamin took her seat happily at the table, taking in the delicious aroma of the grilled fish.
 
"It smells good." Kamin murmured, her lips in anticipation. 
 
"Try it then." Kai grinned while pouring the ramen into two separate bowls. Steam rose from the bowls, forming a white cloud of mist.
 
"Ooh..." Kamin turned to look eagerly at the ramen Kai had made. It smelled heavenly. 
 
"Looks delicious, right?" Kai quickly placed the two bowls down, shaking his hands as he tried to dissipate the heat. Kamin nodded, peering into the bowl of ramen. 
 
"Alright and the soup is served. Bon Appetite!" Kai finally got into his seat. Kamin took a bite of the grilled fish, savoring its taste. Still the same old flavor. Still as good.
 
"I haven't had this in such a long time. I miss it so much..." Kamin smiled contentedly.
 
"Glad you like it. Try the ramen." Kai said. Kamin took her first mouthful of the ramen. Its noodles were springy and the soup was flavorsome. She held up a thumbs up as she took her second and third bite.
 
"Told you you would like it." Kai grinned.
 
"Yes,yes. The CEO is always right." Kamin teased. 
 
"And now the CEO orders you to drink the soup." Kai pointed to the bowl of kimchi soup. 
 
"Yes, sir!"