Wedding day

Our love story

 

Kamin smoothed out the invisible creases on her wedding dress for the umpteenth time as she waited outside the huge wooden doors of the church. Just a few minutes ago, the priest said that they would be starting soon but to Kamin, it seemed like eternity. 
 
She looked down at her palms and squeezed her eyes shut in exasperation. 
 
"Sweating?" Kamin exclaimed to herself before a laugh escaped from her lips,"I must be really nervous..." 
 
But then again, which girl would not be nervous on her wedding day? Perhaps this was the feeling that every bride would have to go through; the excitement, anticipation and a touch of nervousness before the doors open and that's when the walk down the aisle begins.
 
The walk down the aisle... Ever since she reached young adulthood, Kamin had always dreamed about herself dressed in a beautiful, stunning wedding dress and herself walking down the aisle with so much elegance and poise, alike the brides she had seen from the previous wedding ceremonies she had attended. Every bride looked so beautiful and the young teenager Kamin could not help but hope she would turn out the same way when she grew up. 
 
Now that it's finally her turn, she could not help but worry a little. The butterflies in Kamin's stomach started to dance again. Kamin took a few deep breaths trying to calm down, each exhalation an effort to release all that nervousness inside of her.  
 
"Don't get too nervous tomorrow, okay? Just think about me. I'll be at the end of the aisle waiting for you." Baekhyun kissed her lightly on the cheek before he added,"the kiss on the lips would be saved for tomorrow." 
 
A small smile spread on Kamin's face as she thought of her husband-to-be and suddenly, all of her nervousness flooded away. 
 
*****************************************
 
The music began to play and the doors to the church opened. Sunlight flooded into the church, bringing a warm tone to the white wedding decorations that adorned the walls and seats of the church. White rose petals were scattered along the aisle and Baekhyun stood at the very end of the aisle next to the priest, his hands folded behind his back. His head turned, just like everyone seated, to take his very first look at the bride. His bride. 
 
His mouth fell open as he caught sight of her. With all the warm sunlight glowing behind her, she looked like an angel from heaven. Her wedding dress spilled onto the floor and her train followed in her wake as she walked down the aisle. In her hands were a small bouquet of white roses, a symbol of true love, which her eyes looked shyly at. Baekhyun inhaled softly, as if afraid it would destroy the peacefulness and serenity of the scene before him. As if Kamin heard him, she looked up from the white roses and met his eyes. He gazed at her, eyes filled with open desire and love for her and she returned it equally with affection and a smile bloomed on her lips.
 
He stretched out his hand, welcoming her as she approached him. She took his outstretched hand and they shared a secret smile before turning to the priest. The procedure flew past quickly and before long, it was the exchange of vows.
 
"Kim Kamin, do you take Byun Baekhyun to be your husband; to live together with him in the covenant of marriage? Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, to be faithful unto him as long as you both shall live?"
 
Kamin looked at Baekhyun from underneath her long lashes and smiled as she replied,"I do."
 
"Byun Baekhyun, do you take Kim Kamin to be your wife; to live together with her in the covenant of marriage? Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, to be faithful unto her as long as you both shall live?"
 
"I do." Baekhyun's eyes shined with sincerity.
 
"And now, you may exchange rings." The priest said. 
 
After Kamin slipped a ring on Baekhyun's finger, Baekhyun helped Kamin put on the ring too and he allowed his hand to linger on hers for a while more, squeezing it reassuringly. Kamin returned the squeeze and as they turned back to face the priest, their hands remained intertwined.
 
"And now," the priest smiled kindly at the both of them," I pronounce you husband and wife." 
 
The crowd clapped wildly. Rachel could be seen, her long messy hair now tied up neatly in a bun, whistling and clapping rather violently. Kai, seated at one of the front few rows, clapped though a sad smile tugged at his lips. Baekhyun's mother could be seen wiping at her eyes with a handkerchief but her smile was enough proof that those were tears of joy. 
 
Baekhyun carried Kamin up bridal style as he kissed her full on the lips, passionate and eager. Kamin flung her arms around his necks, laughing as he swept her off her feet. She kissed him even harder and she could smell that boyish scent she loved and feel his soft lips on hers.
 
"I love you." Baekhyun proclaimed, gazing into her eyes. 
 
"And you know that I love you too." Kamin giggled. 
 
"Well, i guess this is how our love story ends. In happiness and bliss." Baekhyun smiled. 
 
"Or maybe," Kamin smiled back,"this is just the beginning."
 
 
______________________
 
HELLOOOOOOOO. I can't believe that 'Our Love Story' has come to an end ;(  A huge thank you to all my subscribers and commenters. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I can't thank you enough for staying with me through the whole story and for encouraging me along the way(you know who you are;) This chapter is my present to all of you in view of the start of a new year. Hope you liked it!  May 2014 be a great year filled with happiness, laughs and of course, love ^u^ 
 
Once again, thank you! /sends out flying hearts