Promise

Our love story

 

BAEKHYUN
 
"Baekhee, stop!" I shouted. Baekhee was charging towards Kamin at full speed with the penknife dangerously glinting under the light. " Never, oppa. This is the only way out." She screamed as she continued to run towards Kamin. 
 
"Kamin ah, watch out!" I screamed again as I ran to try stop Baekhee. " Kamin, behind you!" I let out a desperate cry. 
 
Kamin turned, her eyes widened in shock. Eomma stood beside her, frozen. Everything seemed to slow down. I was running and running and Baekhee was just an inch ahead of me. But I was too slow. I was too slow.
 
"Die, Kamin. Die. You should have known not to go close to my oppa." She screamed. She had lost her mind. I knew it. She shouldn't have come back. She shouldn't have. 
 
Kamin let out a gasp as the penknife plunged straight into her stomach. Baekhee cackled crazily as she used more force to push it in.  "Finally...finally." She laughed to herself as she sank to the floor, dropping the penknife now stained with dark scarlet blood. "Baekhyun oppa is finally mine. I have him all to myself... All to myself...Kamin, didn't I tell you you wouldn't make it to the wedding?" She laughed as she twirled the penknife around her fingers, tears b in her eyes as she glared at Kamin who was clutching her stomach, her pretty face now scrunched up in agony. 
 
"Baekhee... Why?" Kamin uttered weakly. 
 
"Why? It's because i hate you." Baekhyun slurred,"you were the one who stole him away, you thief. But now, since you are like this... You wouldn't dare to steal anymore right? Baekhyun oppa is finally mine, finally mine." She giggled crazily, her eyes shining with a maniacal glint.  
 
"No!" I shouted as Kamin fell to the floor, her beautiful white dress she specially picked out for today stained a shocking red. 
 
"Scram, Baekhee." Ignoring her, I pushed her to the side. All that mattered was kamin now,only her.Tears flooded my vision as I sprinted to Kamin."Eomma, get help!" I shouted.
 
"Neh." She frantically punched the buttons on her phone as she came back to her senses," hello? Ambulance, I need help desperately." 
 
"Baekhyun... I... Pain... Baby..." Kamin murmured as I crouched by her side. Her cheeks had turned pale, her lips turning white. Her slender fingers was pressed against her stomach. She looked down and then back at me, her eyes frightened. Her hand was completely stained with blood and a puddle of blood was forming quickly on the marble floor, staining it a bright red colour. "Blood."
 
"Baekhyun. I am scared. Baekhyun." Kamin's eyes were wide with fear. " what about our baby? Our baby..." She let out a pained scream, piercing the deadly silence of the night.
 
"He will be alright, our baby will be alright. Kamin...I am so sorry, I promised to protect you and keep you safe but now..." I squeezed her hand. She must be in so much pain. 
 
"Baekhyun... I... I am... I am the one who is sorry," she breathed heavily,shaking her head with much effort. "I shouldn't...have... I shouldn't have asked you to come." Her eyelashes fluttered, her eyes threatening to close. 
 
"Kamin ah, stay with me. Stay with me." I cried as I held her to my chest. "Kamin ah... Please, stay with me. Don't do this. Don't close your eyes. Stay with me. It would all be over soon."  I repeated those words over and over again as I held her in my arms. 
 
I felt utterly helpless. She was losing blood and I couldn't do anything to help her. Byun Baekhyun, why are you such a failure? Why did you agitate Baekhee and why were you not fast enough? If you were, kamin would not have become like this.
 
"Help is on the way, hold on, Kamin. Hold on." I murmured into her ears, wiping away her tears. 
 
"Baekhyun... Promise me, protect our baby and promise me that you won't leave me." She whispered through her pale lips. 
 
"I promise, Kamin. I am your angel right? I won't leave you, promise." I pressed a kiss to her forehead, hugging her close. "Don't die on me. Kamin, promise me that you would be alright."
 
"Yes, Baekhyun. I... I promise." Kamin whispered, forcing a wan smile as her eyes fell shut, lapsing into unconsciousness.