Goodbye

Our love story

 

"Baekhee. I don't love you. I had never loved you from the start. You were just a sister to me and we can be nothing more than siblings. Stop your fantasies and come back to reality. I can never love you. The one I love is Kamin. And you'd better stop hurting her. I would never let you off or forgive you if she is harmed again.
 
Baekhyun's  words replayed in her head. Baekhee slumped on the couch, crying silently. Was this what I wanted? Was this really what I wanted? Did I really have oppa now?  She laughed to herself, twirling the penknife around her fingers. It was stained red from Kamin's blood. I hurt her, finally. But is this even working? 
 
The house was now empty except for Baekhee and her Eomma. Baekhyun had accompanied Kamin to the hospital where Kamin had to receive emergency help and undergo operation immediately.
 
"Byun Baekhee, he hates you now. He hates you." She wailed loudly, her voice echoing around the house. 
 
 Her mother stood by a side, watching silently. She silently blamed herself for what had happened. It was all because she had relented and agreed to have Baekhee back from overseas. Baekhee was sent there mainly because she had a mental condition. This is all my fault, her mother thought silently, Kamin is injuried, Baekhyun is upset and Baekhee is getting crazier by the moment. It's my fault and I have to deal with this.
 
"Baekhee. Come here, pass me the penknife now." She crouched down slowly, stretching out her hand. She was going to get the penknife and then call up the asylum. Baekhee could not stay here any longer. 
 
"Go away!" Baekhee screamed.
 
"Baekhee, can you stop being insane? You are crazy. Give me that penknife. Now." She chided, losing her patience. 
 
"I am not crazy, Eomma! I am not sick! Why did you send me overseas the last time? I was not even sick." Baekhee spat angrily, hot tears running down her cheek.
 
"Byun Baekhee-" 
 
"Shut up!"
 
"Baekhee, you better stop this nonsense. I am going to send you to the mental hospital right now." Her mother, exasperated, picked up the phone, punching in the numbers.  Baekhee ran towards her, slamming down the phone, throwing it across the room. 
 
"So everyone hates me now huh? Everyone hates me." Baekhee screamed as she grabbed the penknife beside her.
 
"Baekhee, don't do anything dangerous." Her mother's voice quivered as she glanced at the penknife pressed against her daughter's neck.
 
"No, stop it. You know what? Eomma, you think I am crazy... Oppa hates me now since I hurt his beloved Kamin or whatever her name is. So yeah, I am hated, no one wants me anymore. So what's the use of staying in the world?" Baekhee smiled gently as she pressed the penknife to her neck. 
 
"Eomma," she spoke softly,"watch me." Her lips formed a sad smile as she slashed the penknife across her neck. Within seconds, blood started spilling and she fell to the ground with a loud thud.
 
Her mother's eyes widened as she walked towards her daughter cautiously. She placed a finger to her nose. She trembled and picking up the phone with much effort, she punching in the numbers she dialed earlier on.
 
"Hello? Is this the ambulance? I need help. My daughter just committed suicide. She is dead."