Realization

Our love story

She woke up, feeling groggy and a little lightheaded. She looked around to find herself in an unfamiliar environment and facing four white walls, she recognized it as a hospital. She held her head to her hands, her eyebrows furrowing as she tried to remember what exactly happened that made her land in this very hospital. All her mind could come up with after much painful thinking was pain, blood,blood and more blood. Her head hurt with the shocking red from the images she came up with. 

 
She glanced around. Am I all alone here? She thought sadly. She had expected Baekhyun to be here. At least I still have you for company.She smiled slightly, touching her stomach gently. My baby, you must develop healthily and when I do give birth to you, I will shower even more care and love on you. Kamin thought of the baby inside her and how he would look like in the near future. He was almost three months! She suddenly thought. How was she gonna celebrate his birthday? Kamin thought slowly, a birthday cake, some red eggs, balloons...
 
The door opened slightly and jolting Kamin from her train of thoughts.  She turned to find her husband-to-be walking in.
 
"Kamin ah,you are awake!" Baekhyun hugged her fiercely. He looked into her eyes with his own teary ones,"you really are awake." He embraced her again once more. Kamin hugged him back with equal passion,"yeah, I am." She smiled widely, glad to feel his warmth and his manly scent filled the stale air.  She found her eyes misting up with tears as well. 
 
"Kamin ah, I was so worried you wouldn't wake up." Baekhyun choked. 
 
"Baekhyun ah, why wouldn't I? I still have to get married to you." Kamin joked between tears. 
 
"Oh Kamin..." Baekhyun hugged her even more tightly, glad to feel her respond. He finally released her from the hug, staring into her pair of eyes. " I love you." He pulled her in for a passionate kiss. The kiss tasted of their salty tears and happiness enveloped them as their lips 
melded together.
 
"I missed you so much," Baekhyun murmured as he pulled back from the kiss, fondling her hair.
 
Kamin nodded, wiping away her tears. "I am glad that we are finally together again..." 
 
Baekhyun chuckled,"it's not like we weren't together. You just slept really soundly...for a few days." 
 
Kamin laughed, leaning back against his chest. "Well, I am just happy that the family is united again. Oh and everything seems to fall in place here."
 
"Well, not exactly." Baekhyun muttered,"Baekhee...she cut herself the other night and she's dead. It happened on the same day you were being admitted into the hospital. " 
 
Kamin put her hand over his,"oh my gosh, you must feel so bad. I am sorry." Baekhyun shook his head,"it's fine."
 
"The other night..." Kamin suddenly sat up ramrod straight,"that night...Baekhee... She..." She gasped.
 
"I remember now. She stabbed my..." Kamin looked down at her stomach in horror. She clutched Baekhyun's hands tightly, looking at him with fearful eyes.
 
"Our baby...he...he is fine right?" The way she asked him sounded like a plea. 
 
[listen to 'byul' by Kim ah joong ;http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Grh2T7kFCbA ]
 
Baekhyun gulped. It's time to tell her the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. 
 
"You lost a lot of blood so you were sent to the hospital." Baekhyun started off gently. Kamin nodded her head vigorously like a small child, her eyes b with tears threatening to fall. 
 
"And...you had to undergo an operation. But in the middle of the operation..." Kamin grasped his hands even tighter. 
 
"The doctor... He came out," Baekhyun struggled to keep a straight face though his eyes were red," he told me that I had to choose. I had to choose between you. And our baby. Only one of you would survive and I couldn't lose you."
 
Kamin's eyes widened in shock. Grabbing Baekhyun by his shoulder, she shook him as hard as she could," that means... Our baby is gone?" 
 
Baekhyun remained motionless though he was crying. 
 
Tears spilled out of Kamin's eyes, streaming down her pale cheeks. 
 
"Baekhyun, you are joking right? Tell me that its not true, tell me that you were just joking." Kamin forced a smile, looking up at Baekhyun. 
 
Baekhyun shook his head sadly. The sky was turning a dark grey and the room seemed to have a shadow cast over it.
 
"Kamin, its true." 
 
"No... I beg you, please. It's fake, stop pretending Baekhyun!" Kamin struggled with her words.
 
"Kamin, I am sorry." 
 
"Why? Why?" Kamin broke down. She felt as if her entire world had come crumbling down into pieces. Her heart flopped and it sank all the way down. She felt a sense of loss that she had never felt before.Her baby, that she and baekhyun had produced was gone, vanished, lost. 
 
"We were such a happy family... I still thought he was behaving so well today but who knew? He's gone? I would rather feel the pain now,Baekhyun ah." Kamin screamed out in agony, hitting Baekhyun's chest with her fists. 
 
"Hit me, Kamin. I know I deserve it. I am sorry." Baekhyun cried though he allowed Kamin's punches to keep coming. When he looked into her eyes, all he saw was disappointment, sadness and hopelessness.
 
Kamin sobbed and wept continuously.
 
"I thought you promised me that you would protect our baby. I thought you did, I thought you did...." Kamin whispered helplessly as she lost her strength, sinking into Baekhyun's arms. 
 
Baekhyun held her in a tight embrace, trying to stop her whole body from shaking so hard.
 
"I am sorry, Kamin ah. I love both of you but..." Baekhyun put his fist to his lips, trying to hold in his own tears. His shirt was already half-soaked by Kamin's tears.
 
"I still wanted to celebrate his third month anniversary..." Kamin cried,"but now..."
 
"I am sorry..." Baekhyun whispered over and over again as he her hair comfortingly. I am sorry, Kamin. 
 
And then, his tears started falling.