A gut feeling

Our love story

 

Baekhyun had gone home reluctantly as Kamin had insisted on him getting sufficient rest. His eyes were painful from all that crying and seeing Kamin breaking down made his heart ache even more. She had been crying continuously, from the point where he told her truth till... He had no idea whether she was still crying now. She had looked so pale and heartbroken when he broke the news to her, her tears streaming down her face as she sobbed and sobbed and sobbed. His mind flashed back to the scene which occurred just a few hours ago. 
 
"Baekhyun, what about you go home?" Kamin suggested after she had calmed down from the shock. Her tear-stained face turned towards Baekhyun, a pair of puffy red eyes meeting Baekhyun's.
 
"But... Are you okay? You don't look so good and with our baby...gone,"Baekhyun swallowed,"you must be very heartbroken." Baekhyun had asked, concerned. Kamin definitely did not look alright.
 
"It's okay,"Kamin replied, putting her hand over his. Baekhyun sighed.
 
"Really, Baekhyun. Go home, you need some rest." Kamin insisted.
 
"But..." Baekhyun started.
 
"No buts. Really, I am fine. It's just a baby, we can always have another one, right?" Kamin forced a smile. 
 
"Yeah but..." Baekhyun started. 
 
"I said, no buts. Go on, I would be fine. I wouldn't do anything stupid." Kamin pushed him lightly,"go on. You need rest." 
 
"You sure?"
 
"Yes, Baekhyun. Go home, I...am tired and I have to sleep. You sleep too, okay? You don't have to come early tomorrow. If you do, I am gonna be very upset because you are not taking good care of yourself." Kamin lay back onto the bed.
 
Baekhyun sighed,"as you wish, princess." He bent down to kiss her gently on the lips again,"sweet dreams."
 
"Goodbye, Baekhyun." Kamin waved. Baekhyun thought he felt a tinge of sadness behind that simple goodbye.
 
"Goodbye, Kamin ah. I will be back tomorrow." Baekhyun let go of her hand reluctantly as he walked towards the door.
 
"Take care of yourself, Baekhyun." Kamin said softly.
 
"It's not like you wouldn't see me anymore, Kamin ah." Baekhyun went back to give Kamin a hug.
 
"Even so, I will miss you." Kamin whispered in his ear. 
 
"I love you." Baekhyun murmured before he headed towards the door.
 
"Nights." Kamin called out as the door closed.  
 
What Baekhyun didn't see was a lone tear that rolled down Kamin's cheek.
 
"Baekhyun ah." A voice disrupted his train of thoughts.
 
"Eomma?" Baekhyun sat up in his bed moving over as his mother sat down beside him.
 
"Baekhyun ah, I know that you are going through a hard period of time and I am guessing that you are still thinking of Kamin." His mother said gently.
 
"Eomma, I suddenly have this feeling that leaving Kamin alone in the hospital was a bad idea. She seems fragile at this stage but she looked so strong and she even said that it was okay and we could have another baby. I am worried, Eomma."
 
"Baekhyun ah, Kamin... I am sure she is having a very hard time herself, perhaps even in a worse situation than you. Think about it, she lost a child she carried around for three months. There is bound to be a strong bond between her and the baby. Knowing that her own flesh and blood is gone just like that, she must be very upset. But she is a strong girl, I believe that she would overcome this hurdle. Baekhyun, leaving her there may be a good decision, she may need some alone time to think it over and digest what had happened." His mother said.
 
"But, she may..." Baekhyun shuddered.
 
"I believe she is strong. After tonight, she would be better. Tomorrow, you can go see her and I am sure things would work out fine." She said comfortingly.
 
Baekhyun nodded, trying to allow himself to be persuaded, attempting hard to ignore that sick gut feeling that he never should have allowed himself to come back home.