Plans

Our love story

 

The next morning found Baekhyun driving to the hospital. Baekhyun hastily walked down the long hallways of the hospital, all the way to the main desk.
 
"I am looking for a nurse by the name of Courtney. Is she here today?" Baekhyun asked a female nurse behind the desk. 
 
"May I know why you are looking for her?" The nurse questioned.
 
"I need her help. It's urgent." 
 
The nurse, seemingly convinced, nodded. "She is not here yet. She will be here in about two hours time." She glanced at the clock that hung on the white walls of the hospital, breaking the monotony of the surroundings,"would you like to go grab some coffee or something? It is a rather long wait." 
 
Baekhyun shook his head,"it's okay. I will just wait here. She will report here right?" 
 
The nurse nodded.
 
"Okay then. I will just wait here." Baekhyun sat down on a bench nearby determinedly. He had to know whether she had any additional information about Rachel.
 
The clock ticked on and two hours finally passed. Baekhyun drummed his fingers on the bench. He ruffled his hair sleepily. 
 
"Mister?" The nurse called out to him. 
 
"Yes?" Baekhyun perked up. 
 
"Courtney is here." The nurse pointed to a young nurse that stood just beside her. 
 
"Hello." She went forward to greet Baekhyun,"may I ask why you are looking for me?" 
 
"I am Baekhyun. Remember?" Baekhyun said. Her eyes shone with recognition.
 
"I see. Hello, I am sorry to have kept you waiting." She apologized,"may I ask why you are here?"
 
"I need more information. Her friend refuses to tell me anything but I still have to try. Is there any chance that you have her address or anything?" Baekhyun asked.
 
Courtney thought for a moment,"I think there should be a form that she filled up. You know the basic information stuff. Please wait for a moment, I will go check." With that, she scurried off, rummaging through a few drawers.
 
Baekhyun bowed and waited patiently. Not long after, Courtney came back with a piece of A4 paper that she held triumphantly. "Here it is! Rachel Kwon. She was the one who discharged your girlfriend." Courtney handed him the paper. 
 
Baekhyun scanned the piece of paper. Rachel Kwon. Female. Same age as Kamin. Relationship with Kamin:friend. Phone number...address. 
 
"Could I copy down her address?" Baekhyun asked.
 
Courtney replied,"sure, I don't think that's a problem." 
 
Baekhyun nodded gratefully before typing in her address in his phone with nimble fingers.
 
"Thanks so much, Courtney. You really did me a great favor." Baekhyun bowed slightly. 
 
Courtney beamed,"no worries. I hope you don't mind me saying this but I think the both of you are a really good match. I hope you can find your girlfriend soon." 
 
"Thank you, Courtney. I hope I can find her too." Baekhyun replied. I sure hope I can. 
 
"Good luck!" Courtney smiled before returning to her work. 
 
Baekhyun nodded. I would need that. He turned and walked out of the hospital. He was going to Rachel's house, whether she liked it or not.
_______
 
He pressed the doorbell for the umpteenth time. This should be the correct address, right?  Baekhyun looked at the address he typed into his phone. 
 
The door finally swung open, revealing a girl in stylish clothes, with brown hair cascading down her shoulders. 
 
"Could you please stop pressing my door bell? Who are you anyways? " The girl exclaimed, ostensibly annoyed.
 
"I am Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun. Kamin's boyfriend."Baekhyun replied. 
 
The girl's eyes widened. No wonder he looked so familiar. Looking more closely at his features did stir up some memory. Tousled hair, mesmerizing eyes, straight nose, perfectly sculpted lips and a y voice. Kamin, you really got a hot boyfriend. He's sizzling. He looked even better in person than from the photos she saw the last time. But before he managed to open his mouth, she slammed the door shut immediately. Kamin had specifically told her not to tell Baekhyun anything and she wouldn't help him, no matter how good he looked. 
 
Baekhyun's face fell. This is going to be harder than expected. He fished out his phone and dialled Rachel's number. No answer. He sighed. If you are going to treat me this way,I really have no other choice. Baekhyun climbed into his car and drove off. He had a plan and he was going to make sure this plan would succeed.