Birthday wish

Our love story

 

Kamin flipped through the photo album under the dim light of the lamp. She yawned as she glanced at the clock; midnight has already struck. She went back to looking at the photos, smiling to herself occasionally as she reminisced each and every memory for hers and Baekhyun's. The photo album was a birthday gift and Baekhyun had sweetly made a photo album that showcased all their dates together. There were selcas of them in the 3cm thick photo album, as well as pictures they took at the ice skating rink, the ballroom where they first got together, the cafe and many other romantic places where their memories were created. 
 
Sleepy-eyed, Kamin continued her task. She was determined to find some inspiration for Baekhyun's birthday that falls on the 6th of May; just one day away and make his birthday celebration a memorable one. Inspiration... I need inspiration. Kamin thought.What should I give him? She was obviously flustered now that the clock had already struck one. She buried her face in her hands. After looking through all the photos, she had nothing but an empty mind. 
 
She flipped to the last page, a photo showing the two of them laughing. Our date at the cafe. She thought silently to herself. The foam kiss still lingered in her mind. The talk that they had afterwards was rather...
 
 "Right! I got it." Kamin shouted out in glee. The excited girl ran around the house with spring in her steps. Running to the kitchen, she pried open the cupboard, checking for the needed ingredients as she got out the mixing bowl and her whisk. 
 
 
The clock struck three as Kamin's gift came out of the oven. Just some icing and strawberries and it will be perfect
____________
KAMIN
I rushed back home from school as time ticked mercilessly. It was six and the sky had turned dark as planned. It was Baekhyun's birthday and I had asked him to come over at seven. How was I even supposed to get ready in an hour? Aish. 
 
 ~
 
Slipping into a comfortable white sleeveless dress, I put up the last of the decorations. Glancing up at the wall clock, my heart skipped a beat. Baekhyun was coming really soon. I took out the candles from the drawer hurriedly and got the plastic knife ready on the table. *ding dong* the bell rang. I flipped off the lights and held the cake in one hand, balancing it while I placed the final spark on each of the candles.
 
~
BAEKHYUN
 
"Kamin? Are you there? I am coming in." Hearing nothing but silence, I pushed open the door. Darkness greeted me while a familiar voice sang out each and every note of the birthday song. The sound resonated around the house, pure and clean.
 "생일축하합니다~" A figure emerged from the darkness, her face irradiated by the candles' flame as she walked towards me.
 
"Kamin..." I whispered, touched by her gesture.  She smiled, her eyes dancing under the soft glow of the candles. "Happy birthday, my prince." She planted a soft kiss on my cheek,"blow out the candles and make a wish." 
 
I nodded as I closed my eyes. "I wish that Kamin and I can be together till the world ends." I opened my eyes, blowing out the candles. Darkness engulfed us. I felt a hand brush across mine and grabbed it in the process.
 
"Oppa..."she spoke.
 
"Come." I pulled her a little closer.
 
"Oppa..."
 
"Kamin..."
 
"Oppa... I have to put the cake down first." She gently pried my fingers open before she put down the cake. As my eyes adjusted to the darkness, I could roughly make out her figure moving through the darkness towards the light switch. 
 
I followed her and as the lights came on, I took her hand, pulling her closer. She blushed,"baekhyun. Let's go cut the cake, okay?" 
 
I dropped her hands in disappointment. "Okay" I muttered. She laughed as she playfully nudged me on the shoulder, "oppa. Don't get upset okay?" she led me to the table.
 
"Kamin, you are seriously too adorable for me." I shook my head smiling, unable to resist her charm.
 
We sat down and she handed me a plastic knife. "Cut the cake." she looked at me, her eyes effulgent.
 
She clapped as the knife made contact with the creamy vanilla icing covering the cake. Sponge cake. My favourite. 
 
"Try the cake. I made it myself," she beamed,"I spent the whole night making it. I hope you like it." I ate a mouthful of the sponge cake,"Mmm." I my lips,"yummy." The compliment formed a smile on Kamin's face. 
 
"Glad you liked it." she smiled as she watched me eat. 
 
"Aigoo. I forgot something."She ran in. Not long later, she came out with a letter in her hand. "This is for you. I am not good at making anything. I am also not creative in present ideas but I hope you would appreciate this letter." she handed me the letter.
 
 
My dearest baekhyun,
I can still remember the first time I saw you. Do you remember? It was on the bus and we had sat next to each other. I lost count of how many times I had glanced at you from the corner of my eye. You were listening to music through your earphones, closing your eyes as you softly hummed the tune of "Angel". You looked like an angel yourself, descended from the skies above.  I always had this on my mind since the day I saw you. What if...we had gone together?
 
Well, now i know,because we are together now. You would always be the one beside me, comforting me and be the one who wipes my tears away. You are the one who holds my hand when I am down, telling me it's alright and that you would always be by my side. Here I am now, telling you that I would always be by your side and i will be with you till the oceans are dry. 
 
My love, happy birthday. I feel glad to be spending your 21st birthday with you, to celebrate a special day with you and only you. Just the two of us. Thank you for loving me the way I am and ignoring my past relationships. Thanks to you, my heart has finally learned to love and to call another 'soulmate'. Thank you for keeping me company at night, keeping me safe from danger and keeping me smiling. 
 
Baekhyun, you are the best boyfriend I could ever have. Happy birthday. 
 
사랑한다.
Kamin,
 
"Oh, Kamin," I pulled her into a bear hug," you are my angel and the best girlfriend I could ever have. Thank you for the present."
 
"So is that the best present you had?" she asked.
 
"Nope." 
 
"oh." her face fell. 
 
I lifted her chin gently with a finger, my gaze meeting hers. I gazed into her sad puppy eyes,"you are the best present I could ever have, Kamin."
 
Her gaze softened as she misted up. I wiped away a tear that rolled down her cheek,"Don't cry. I keep you smiling, don't I? You don't want me to be irresponsible, do you? " I leaned in, pressing my lips against hers gently. She smiled slightly as she drew back a little.
 
"Happy birthday, Baekhyun." she whispered as she flung her hands round my neck, looking into my eyes,"you know, since it's your birthday..." she twirled her hair, her eyes whimsical and tantalizing under the moonlight.
 
I chuckled,leaning close with our face inches away from each other as I flipped the light switch off,leaning in for a long and lingering kiss.
 
"I know."