Giving up

Our love story

 

Baekhyun staggered back to his seat in the small pub he found at a random corner at...what street was it again? Baekhyun's mind was blank. He couldn't remember but he couldn't care much. He chugged down another cup of beer, the bitter taste running down his throat. He laughed, his laughter drowned in a loud music blasting from the speakers. Bodies gyrated around him, making him feel dizzy. Girls who walked past him strutted their stuff and blew flirtatious  kisses at him. They giggled crazily before they shyly run away as his eyes slowly meet theirs. 
 
Baekhyun didn't care at all. He raised a hand to request for another cup of beer from the bartender. It was already late at night, the hands of the clock ticking to midnight. He had been here drowning in his sorrows since he found out that Kamin was getting married. Not to him, but to Kai. 
 
Kai. Baekhyun murmured his name, his eyebrows furrowing. Damn
 
Baekhyun brought up the cup of beer and downed it in one gulp. I thought that I could save our relationship. I thought I could. But what happened to a man who had so much hope? Sitting here by himself, drinking his sorrows away. Oh wait. Baekhyun chuckled to himself, his head hung low. Would the sorrows go away? 
 
Baekhyun paused as he saw a figure come running towards him. 
 
"Dude! Why are you so drunk? Your face is so red. I have been trying to find you for hours. Baekhyun, can you hear me? Baekhyun?" A pair of hands shook Baekhyun and a pair of large black eyes bore into his. 
 
"Tao..." Baekhyun slurred as he finally recognized that face," My good old friend, Tao. What brings you here?" Baekhyun smiled charmingly at his friend who shook his head. 
 
"Baekhyun, what happened?" 
 
"What? What happened..." Baekhyun reached out for his cup of beer to drown the thoughts that were surfacing in his mind. But Tao stopped him, bringing the cup to his own mouth, drinking the alcoholic liquid. 
 
"Stop it, Baekhyun. Tell me what happened. You look awful. Something must have gone wrong. Come on." Tao urged as he wiped his mouth, disgusted at the taste. Rich as he was, he only liked wine. 
 
"What happened..." Baekhyun looked up at his friend before he lost control over his emotions. 
 
"Tao, something happened. Something that I never ever wanted to happen happened. I didn't know that it would turn out like this." Baekhyun clenched his fists as his tears threatened to spill. He hated crying, it made it seem as if he was so vulnerable. But, he was vulnerable especially when it came to the girl he loved. 
 
"Baekhyun, are you okay? Tell me what happened. I will try to help you." Tao patted his friend on the back. 
 
"Tao, I wish you could help. I wish you could help me. But can you make it go away? Can you make my sadness go away? Can you make the pain go away? Can you..." Baekhyun's voice quivered,"can you make those painful recollections go away? And...can you change the fact that the girl I love so dearly is going to get marry to another man?" 
 
Tao's jaw dropped,"Kamin? She is getting married? But... She is your wife-to-be!" 
 
"She was." Baekhyun said bitterly,"but now she is getting married to him." 
 
"I..." Tao tried to find words to comfort his friend.
 
"Kamin has been all I ever wanted and all I ever needed. I want her desperately, I need her. I can't do without her, Tao. I came to Japan, hoping to find her and get her back. I tried so hard but I failed." 
 
"But you found her, right?" 
 
"On the surface, I did. I found her as a person but her heart is lost forever. She doesn't love me anymore. She told me straight in the face that she no longer loved me. She no longer needed me. And when she told me that she was getting married, my heart broke into a million pieces. My heart died. I died. " Baekhyun put his face in his hands.
 
"What am I going to do now... I can't think. I wish that what happened earlier on was just a nightmare." Baekhyun slammed his fist into the wall. 
 
Tao squeezed his friend's hand, his eyes sad. "Baekhyun ah, I understand that you are feeling very down now but you cannot let this ruin you." 
 
"And I don't think you should give up now." Tao added,"What happened to my friend who never gave up? What happened to my friend who said that he was going to get her back no matter what it took? What happened to you? I read that love is the greatest power in the whole universe. Baekhyun, don't give up." 
 
"Tao... I think I am." Baekhyun looked at him with eyes that no longer held the sparkle they once had. " I give up." 
 
 
 
 
~~~~~~
hey guys! here is another chapter for you! On a side note, happy birthday to taeminnie<3 (not that I don't love Baekhyun too haha)