The truth

Our love story

 

"And we would end the night with a brilliant display of fireworks." Kai grinned. He relaxed back onto his sofa contentedly. 
 
"Done." Kai did a peace sign. After two hours straight, they had finished confirming the wedding details and the wedding preparation was finally ready. Truth be told, Kai was feeling a pump of adrenaline these few days because of the wedding. Last time, when he was still single, many of his friends bemoaned the whole process of wedding preparations, saying that it was far too tedious for them and that they couldn't care less about it. However, Kai felt excited and he wanted to play a part in creating the wedding that would bond him and Kamin together in a sacred vow of love. 
 
Cheesy. Kai thought to himself, smiling. He was not a very romantic guy who could spill out sweet nothings to a girl but when it came to Kamin, it felt natural. Having his hands intertwined with hers, his arm around her waist... He wanted to initiate skinship and he just wanted to be beside her, no matter where they were or when it was.
 
"Kamin." Kai called out. 
 
She turned. "Yes?"
 
Kai enveloped her into his arms, hugging her close to him. "You know, I feel very happy with you." 
 
"Mmhm." Kai heard her say.
 
"And I just wanted to tell you that I would always love you,no matter what you do. I haven't vocalized my feelings to you after the decision to get married was made. So I just want to tell you that I love you." 
 
Kamin sat up straight as she looked into his eyes. Her hand moved to grab Kai's hand. "Really?"
 
Kai's lips formed a smile as he tucked a strand of flyaway hair behind her ear,"of course." 
 
Kamin smiled back at him, a smile full of different emotions Kai could not really pinpoint what the smile meant exactly. Was it happiness? Or was it another emotion completely? 
 
"Oh right. I also wanted to ask you whether you wanted to go out for a feast. You know, to celebrate." Kai asked, looking at his watch. They were just in time for lunch. 
 
"Sure." Kamin nodded before she gave Kai a look,"what if I can't fit into my wedding dress after this?" She gulped. 
 
Kai chuckled,"I will still marry you." 
 
Kamin laughed,"okay. I hold you to that." 
 
"Alright. We better get going. I am afraid the place we are going to would be crowded." Kai muttered, glancing at his watch. 
 
Kamin nodded but before she opened the front door, she paused. "My phone! It's in my room. I shall go get it." 
 
Kai shook his head," I will go. You can go wear your shoes first. I am faster anyway." He flashed her a smile. Kai ran up the steps, up to Kamin's room. 
 
"Where did you put it?" Kai called. Soon after he heard her faint reply,"In the drawer of the study desk! It's right on top." 
 
He pulled open the drawer and immediately saw her phone. Taking it, his hand brushed against the pile of notebooks below it. Kai caught sight of a blue, shiny notebook that Kamin had supposedly shoved into the drawer. The pages were dog-eared. Kai shook his head as he placed the phone on the table and took the notebook.
 
"This girl... When did she become this messy. Aish." Kai muttered as he helped unfold the dog-eared pages. That was when he saw the diary entry scribbled in Kamin's cursive handwriting on the fresh brown paper. 
 
14 October
 
Wasn't that just yesterday....Kai thought to himself. 
 
It has been an emotional roller coaster ride these few weeks. So many things have changed and I cannot believe that it has gotten to this stage. Just a few weeks ago, I was in Korea and I was going to get married with him. But now, I am in Japan! I am in Japan and I am still going to get married but...I am gonna get married with another guy. Kai.That's him. 
 
And she had cancelled out a sentence, using harsh bold to cover it.  Unable to decipher it, Kai gave up and continued reading.
 
I have too many conflicting emotions it's hard to put it down on paper. I feel like breaking down and just keep crying and crying and crying until I tire myself out and I no longer have to think about him. I have already decided to get married to Kai but why do I keep thinking about him? 
 
Him? Kai searched his mind for the name of Kamin's boyfriend and ex-fiancé. Baekhyun.
 
Can someone help me? I miss him. I miss him. I really do miss him. I miss him so so so so much I don't know what to do. But why am I even saying this? Why am I even thinking about this? I don't even know where he is and I don't think I should be caring about his whereabouts or anything related to him for that matter of fact.Stupid, foolish heart. Why are you so indecisive? I love Kai right? He is the one for me. He is going to be my husband, for goodness sake! Whatever it is, I decided to marry him and I will keep to that. He is a great guy and I don't want to make things more complicated than it already is. I can't hurt him by telling Kai now that... I... 
 
Kai squinted at the last sentence that she had cancelled once again. It was a rash which barely covered the sentence. Kai looked closer and an epiphany hit him as he read the last sentence of her entry.
 
I think I still love him.