Valentine

Our love story

 

BAEKHYUN
I fumbled with the ribbons on the bouquet of roses, arranging the thin slender stalks of roses in a criss cross fashion. The 99roses stood out of my house just like how Kamin's voice stood out above the noise and how her smile shined brighter than any I have seen.
 
Finally happy with the roses, I changed into my tuxedo, the black one that she liked before I had my hair done nicely. The letter,the letter... I swept my table in search of the letter I had prepared for days. My bin was overfilled with drafts of the letter as I made sure I sounded okay. I had no idea that writing a love letter was so difficult. Well, I finally did express my love for her in the end. I looked at the envelope that enclosed my letter, remembering every word that I had written.
 
Glancing at the clock, I tucked the letter a little just visible above the bed of roses and I rushed to Kamin's house.
~
KAMIN
 
I heard a knock on the door. Smoothing down my dress, I swung open the door to be greeted by a large bouquet of roses. 
 
"Baekhyun? Is that you?" I asked, tiptoeing to catch a glance of the person behind the bouquet. His face popped out as I went closer. My heart skipped a beat. Dressed in a suit, he stood in front of me, with the bouquet of red roses. Just like a prince from one if those fairytales, but he was more gorgeous than any of those. His eyes were warm as they gazed into mine, his lips curving to form a small smile.
 
"Happy Valentine's Day," he swiftly gave me a peck on my cheek. 
 
"Same to you," I smiled as he handed me the bouquet of pure red roses.
 
"I got you these because I remember you said you liked red roses. You told me how they represented true love so..." Baekhyun blushed, looking down at his feet.
 
"Thank you," I whispered as I the soft petals of a small budding rose," it's beautiful." Admiring the red roses, I caught sight of a small envelope. 
 
I gave Baekhyun a curious look,"for me?" 
 
"Of course, who else would it be for?" He smiled a little.
 
I gently opened the envelope, careful not to ruin it in any way. Filled with anticipation, I slowly unfolded the letter, smiling.
 
Dear Baekhee,
 
I paused, my smile frozen on my face. Who is Baekhee? I looked up at Baekhyun who seemed incognizant. He gave me a sweet smile. I faked a small smile and continued reading.
 
It has been wonderful having you around me throughout the years. My childhood has been great with you around and thank you for the wonderful memories we have created together, regardless of whether it's at the swings near the house or at the window of the cupcake store. 
 
Don't cry too much as you did last time. I will never leave you. Smile okay? 
 
Never leave her? I felt my heart hurting. Was Baekhyun...
 
사랑해요.
Your oppa,
Byun.
 
 
 
사랑해요? I thought he said I would be the only one he loves. My heart was filled with scars of betrayal, the thought of Baekhyun loving another women tore my heart ruthlessly into shreds. A tear fell from my eyes, trickling down my cheek. I flinched at his touch as he tried to wipe it away. 
 
Confusion flashed in his eyes.
 
"Wae? Kamin...You don't like the letter I wrote? I put in a lot of effort writing this." He stepped a little closer, hugging me.
 
I shook my head, not able to absorb what he had just said. So he wrote to this Baekhee girl for Valentine's Day too, using nicknames like byun? My heart sank. So all his words of love were nothing but a tool to toy with my feelings? He even... Liar. The small voice in my head screamed out.
 
I pushed him away rather violently, causing him to stumble back. His eyes were confused, surprised and he never would expect me to even push him away. 
 
"What is going on? Ka-"
 
"Go away," I spoke, my eyes cold,"I don't think you should be here. Shouldn't you be with some other girl?"
 
"What?"
 
"Just leave. You should know what I mean. Take this useless bouquet of roses too. I don't need them anymore." my voice wobbled as tears threatened to spill out.
 
"Kamin, please. Can you tell me what is going on?" He pleaded.
 
"You are a liar, a playboy and someone that I don't want to see now." My lower lip quivered. No, he can't see me cry, not at this moment," I think our relationship must have been quite a thrill for you and I don't think I would want to continue entertaining you. You can go to that girl now."
 
I pushed him out of the door and tossed him the bouquet of roses,"and don't forget her roses. You don't want to disappoint her."
 
Ignoring his pleas, I shut the door and locked it, just as the walls surrounded my heart once again, enveloping me in the same situation I was before.
 
I sank to the ground as my tears came flowing down silently. 
~
I stared at the door, unable to comprehend what had just occurred. You are a liar, a playboy and someone that I don't want to see now. Her words rang clear in my head. I tore open the letter. Baekhee's letter. She must have assumed that Baekhee was... 
 
"Kamin! Open the door, I can explain. Baekhee is not what you think she is. Kamin? Please, I know you are listening. Please, just let me explain. This whole thing isn't what you think it is." I knocked on the door,my anxiety mounting. I can't let this letter ruin our relationship. 
 
"Kamin," I said," I know that you are hurt now but really, I am serious about you. Our relationship isn't a game. I truly love you and I don't want our relationship to end just like this."
 
"Don't lie, Baekhyun. The letter has told me everything I have to know." Kamin's voice came from the other side of the door, her speech punctuated with sobs as I heard her run further inside till her sobs were no longer audible.
 
"Kamin, I..." I slammed my fist into the wall,"Kamin, why? I put so much effort and heart into loving you. I love you so much and all I get is your cold shoulder when a girl's name pops up in a card? I don't think you would even listen to me now. Is this what love is?" That girl... We have gone through so much and she doubts my love for her. 
 
I shook my head as I stared down forlornly at the roses on the floor. They looked as trampled as my heart. It was as if Kamin didn't know me well enough. How could she think that I had... I had an affair?! It is impossible. I spend literally everyday with her and she thinks I have another girl out there? 
 
Kamin, you pabo... I picked up the red roses as I walked back home,crestfallen that the romantic valentine date had just been ruined. Dialing the restaurant's number, I called to tell them that there would be no need for any live band tonight.