Love light

Our love story

 

The morning sun crept up into the skies that were streaked with clouds of white, shedding a bit of light on the streets of Tokyo, its sunlight accompanying the small dainty snowflakes which covered the streets in a beautiful layer of white and pale yellow.
 
Kamin shielded her eyes as she drew open the curtains. 8:00a.m. She ran her fingers through her hair and sighed. Her mind was heavy, bound down by many things that she still could not find a solution to solve. Baekhyun was here in Tokyo, trying to get her back and she had done the most unbelievable thing just a few days ago; She accepted her ex-boyfriend again and they were together now. 
 
Kamin squeezed her eyes shut and took a deep breath. Did she make the right decision? She doesn't know but one thing for sure is that she is going to have to forget Baekhyun and forget that they were ever together. The laceration he left on her was just causing her too much pain, grief and anguish. No way can she bring herself to forgive the man who caused her the sadness and anguish. No way can she get back with him, ever.
 
Finally, Kamin walked out of her room after much ruminating on much issues. She sighed as she stopped by the window and simply gazed out, looking at the soft snow that has piled up on the ground and the snowflakes in the air dancing and dancing and dancing.  
 
Her attention was then diverted by a familiar twang of the guitar. Baekhyun? His name was the first thing that popped into her mind. He had played the guitar once, serenading her and that was when he had proposed to her. We were so happy then- Kamin shook her head as if she could shake off the thought. But the memories continued to resurface even when Kamin turned to face a smiling Kai. 
 
"Kai?" Kamin managed to call out.
 
"Hehe, hey Kamin." Kai rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly,"Do you remember when you told me that you liked guys who played the guitar? Those who will serenade you? You said those guys made you happy and now, I hope to that guy who can put a smile on your face. I prepared a song for you and I hope that you will like it." Kai inhaled deeply as he looked at the six guitar strings that he wanted to use to tug at Kamin's heart strings. 
 
Here goes nothing. Kai thought as his fingers strummed the first chord of the song. 
 
 
"when i look at you my face gets red
when i see you my heart goes thump thump
i talk with shyness like a kid
when i look at you i just smile out of nowhere
like a fool I keep doing that
I think love came to me" 
 
You’re the president of my heart
You’re my chests’ star embroider
I’m Genie for you girl
You make me stop breathing
whatever you want
because i love you
There’s no reason for my love you know
 
"It seems right now that all I have ever done in my life was to make my way here to you." He joked, smiling widely.
"Kamin ah, I know this may be a little late but..." Baekhyun began.
Kamin's eyes brimmed with tears as she struggled to focus on Kai's playing. Yet, those scenes that she had once replayed over and over again late at night seemed to resurface in her mind.
 
you’re a darling
you’re more beautiful than the stars above in the night sky
the shining thing deep inside my heart
my own love light
 
 "Today, I have finally mustered the courage to do this. Kamin ah, I want to be your angel. An angel who will protect you, guide you and keep you from harm. I want to be by your side forever, loving you, caring for you and being your comfort. I want to be the one who will calm your fears and ease your pain."
 
i love you darling
give me light next to me whenever
every night i look at you
and you’re beautiful even when i look at you
you’re my love light
when i see you i feel like I'm up on the clouds
it may be immature but i keep doing this
i think love came to me
 
"Kamin,storm clouds may gather and stars may collide but I will love you until the end of time. Will you...will you marry me?"
 
you’re a darling
you’re more beautiful than the stars above in the night sky
the shining thing deep inside my heart
my very own love light"
 
 
Kai finished the song with the last twang of his guitar. He smiled and as he looked up to see Kamin, he found her face stained with tears. Hurriedly putting down his guitar, he rushed towards her, taking her hands. "Are you okay? Why are you crying?" He used his thumb to brush away the tears that had fallen. 
 
Kamin shook her head, wiping away her tears quickly.
 
"No, no. I was just..." Kamin's mind searched for the right words,"I was just too touched by your song. I... Thank you, Kai." Kamin hugged Kai, her tears rolling down her two cheeks. I am sorry, Kai. You are so nice to me but why can't I seem to forget him?
 
Kai embraced her back, smiling to himself. "I love you, Kamin." 
 
He could only hear her sobs but took that silence as consent.