I will be waiting

Our love story

 

There was not a car in sight. Baekhyun pressed the car horn again, honking at the empty surroundings. Damn it. 
 
See, Baekhyun? We are together now and you coming back would not change anything. The one I love is him. 
 
Another honk.
 
Yes, he was my ex boyfriend but when I came to Tokyo, I realized that Kai is the one for me. He has always been the one for me. I have already moved on, Baekhyun. I have already forgotten about you. 
 
Baekhyun screeched the car to a halt as his hands clenched into fists. Stopping the car at the roadside, he bent forward, leaning his head on the steering wheel. Kamin, you liar. Stop denying that you love me. I know you do. Deep inside, you and I both know that I am still there. Our relationship cannot just end like this. Our love story can't just end so abruptly. 
 
Baekhyun was hurt, yes he was. But he loved Kamin so much that he couldn't simply give her up like that. He knew that if he gave her up just like this, this relationship would never be salvaged. But if he just waited and remain determined, he would be able to get her back; only that the time waiting for her would be filled with anger, jealously and sadness. 
 
Seeing her with Kai made Baekhyun's heart ache. Her hand was intertwined with Kai's and the way she told him she had forgotten about their relationship made his heart ache even more.
 
No matter what. I still have to get her back. I still have to try.
 
Baekhyun looked out of the window and sighed. Closing his eyes to calm his irate self down, he decided to turn his attention to the radio that had been playing ever since the car started. 
 
"Okay and now, it's Yoseob's new single, Caffeine. Enjoy." A melancholic melody started playing and Baekhyun slowly got absorbed in the song as he drove past countless street lights.
 
It’s late, I need to sleep and I already counted all the sheep in my head
In order to fall asleep somehow, I showered again
I keep drawing your face out on the ceiling and when I close my eyes,
A book with the story of our ended love opens
 
Even after you left, you torture me like this
How did I become this miserable?
What did I do wrong?
Why did we even break up? I don’t know
 
Cause you’re like caffeine, I can’t fall asleep all night
My heart keeps racing and again, I hate you
Like caffeine, I try to stay away
I try to forget about you but I can’t do it, I can’t help it
 
 
Baekhyun parked the car silently in Tao's large garage. He leaned against his seat and brushed away a few renegade tears that came trickling down. That song epitomized how he felt and how he was hapless to the situation. 
 
Kamin, I try to forget you but I can't do it. Wanting me to forget you is impossible. Wanting me to forget all the beautiful memories we have created? Wanting me to forget how much I love you? Wanting me to just give you up like that and leave? No, Kamin. If you think I can do that, then I am afraid that you were wrong. 
 
You were wrong and you are still wrong. Why can't you spare a small thought for me? Has it ever crossed your mind as to how much pain I had to go through? Has it ever crossed your mind that you were not the only victim? You are too rash, Kamin. You jump to conclusions too easily and shut out any other differing opinions. You make me crazy sometimes, so crazy that I don't know what else I can do. 
 
You lied to me, you ran away from me, you did not pick up my calls. You came to Tokyo and found another guy. You found Kai and...
 
The image of Kamin holding Kai's hand popped out in his mind.
 
You broke my heart
 
Baekhyun placed a hand over his heart, anguish scribbled all over his face.
 
But...amidst all that, I love you. I know you aren't the kind to just leave me like this. To err is human. You make mistakes and you will eventually know that you were wrong. And when you do, I will still be there.
 
I will wait for you, Kamin.