Secret

Our love story

 

Kamin awoke to the smell of waffles and cappuccino. She stretched lazily in the bed. She had a good night's sleep thanks to the comfy bed that she highly suspected was brand new and it had never been used before. She yawned before being conscious that she was in the house of her 'enemy'. After brushing her teeth with a pink toothbrush she found at the sink, presumably placed there by Kai,she hobbled her way down the stairs with her stiff ankle. 
 
"Good morning." Kai called from the kitchen,"I made breakfast. It's waffles with maple syrup. I hope you still like them as much. Oh and cappuccino right?" Kai brought a plate of waffles and some maple syrup to the table as well as two cups of cappuccino. 
 
"You..." Kamin pointed to the table. He still remembers? 
 
"Yes, I still remember. I wouldn't forget, Kamin." Kai murmured as he pulled out a chair for Kamin to sit down. Kamin sat down quietly. Kai sat down opposite her. 
 
"Eat the waffles while it is hot." Kai munched his waffles, trickling the syrup over the golden waffles. 
 
Kamin nodded,"thanks." 
 
"And your cappuccino. It is made with your favorite brand that we chanced upon the last time. I could still remember you being so happy that day," Kai laughed heartily.
 
Kamin stopped eating her waffles and put down her fork. She looked at Kai directly in the eye. "Why do you always rack up the past? What are you getting at? You do know that I am not gonna forgive you any time soon." 
 
"Okay, I won't and I am not getting at anything." Kai sighed. 
 
Kamin angrily sipped her cappuccino.
 
"Careful, you will scald yourself." Kai chided. 
 
"I am fine. No need for your concern." Kamin said sarcastically. 
 
"Umm then..." Kai started. 
 
"What again?" 
 
"Your lips..." Kai leaned forward. 
 
Kamin looked up, stunned as the memories came reeling back.
 
 
 
"Foam kiss." Baekhyun whispered. The kiss was sweeter than anything in the world. It was as if the whole universe had stopped in its tracks, revolving only around the two of us. We stayed like that for a while, our souls connected and our hearts united. Slowly, I pulled back from the kiss, slightly dizzy from all the fizz of excitement bubbling in me.
 
Kamin leaned backwards,"don't." 
 
"What?" Kai paused," I was just going to get a tissue for you." He held up an innocent piece of tissue paper.
 
Kamin took the tissue and dabbed at her lips. 
 
"Okay, it's clean now." Kai sat back onto his chair.
 
Kamin sighed, holding her head in her hands. Get out of my head, Baekhyun. Why must simple things like breakfast remind me of you? Why do you still pop up in my head no matter how hard I try to forget you? It's over between us. Over.
 
"I am full." Kamin sighed. She had no more appetite.
 
"But you hardly touched the waffles!" Kai exclaimed.
 
"Whatever." Kamin replied curtly as she headed towards the door.
 
"Where are you going?"
 
"Out." 
 
"With your ankle like that?" 
 
Kamin paused with the door left half open. She looked down at her ankle. She frowned.
 
"I will drive you." Kai got up from his chair,"where do you wanna go?" 
 
"I want to visit an apparel store around that ramen place." 
_______
 
"Kamin!" A young lady dressed in stylish clothes rushed forward to embrace Kamin. 
 
"Yuki." Kamin smiled. 
 
Kai stood at a side, looking at them. It has been long since I have seen that smile. 
 
"How did you get here? Did you find a place nearby? It's so nice of you to drop by to see me." Yuki beamed. 
 
"Not exactly. I came here via car. He fetched me here." Kamin pointed to Kai. Yuki's eyes widened. 
 
"こんにちは." Yuki bowed hastily. 
 
ええと..." Kai bowed slightly. He spoke in japanese quietly to Yuki who nodded. Kamin looked at them in confusion. 
 
"はい、わかります.[yes, I understand]" Yuki nodded.
 
"What are you guys talking about? Do you know each other?" Kamin asked Yuki.
 
"Oh no. It was just a short introduction. He told me that you guys were friends." Yuki replied cooly. 
 
"Kind of." Kamin shrugged. We were friends once, then a little more complicated than that and now we aren't exactly on good terms.
 
"Anyways, I am so glad you came to visit today. I designed some clothes that I feel would suit you really well. Come on, let's go try them. I have a few pieces for you to try." Yuki dragged Kamin to the fitting room excitedly, pushing her in a fitting room. 
 
Yuki hurriedly rushed over to Kai. 
 
"Thanks, Yuki." 
 
"You are welcome, mr Kim. But if you don't mind me asking, why don't you want her to know?" 
 
"It will just confuse things. Things should just stay the way it is now. Simple." Kai replied with the elegance that only CEOs can give off. 
 
Yuki simply nodded. 
 
"Oh and...please help me keep my identity secret. I don't want Kamin to know or anything. It will just pique her curiosity." Kai instructed again.
 
"Yes." 
 
"Thank you and whatever she buys here, just charge it to my account." Kai gestured to Kamin who came out of the fitting room wearing a strapless white dress, adorned with little roses. Lets just keep things the way it is now.