Café

Our love story

BAEKHYUN

I drummed my fingers on the wooden table as I waited for Kamin to arrive. It was our one day anniversary as she had named. We were going on our first date today. I had spent half an hour in front of the mirror deciding what to wear. Kamin was fashionable and I didn't want to look weird. Only after checking that every thread and hair was in place, I set off to the cafe nearby, just a 10minutes walk from my block. I had volunteered to wait for her but she had declined it politely, saying that she had to doll herself up. 
 
The bells jingled as the door swung open. A familiar face greeted me. I found myself smiling widely, my heart thumping twice as fast. "Annyeong," Kamin greeted me as she sat down, placing her Gucci bag just next to her. I continued smiling absentmindedly, gazing at her. Her brown hair was held with a loose red ribbon, simple but elegant. She tossed her hair back as she smiled, "so...how was your night?"
 
I cleared my throat, embarrassed of the next sentence I would say.
 
"I didn't really sleep much because I was thinking of you." 
 
"Awwww,Baek. I missed you too." she slurred,blushing.
 
"Oh, anyways. What do you want to drink? It's cold these few days." The waiter came over in his plain blue tee,"a cappuccino?" He was a young lad, probably around 19 or so. 
 
She nodded. The waiter smiled, his eyes shining with a certain infatuation and she smiled back. A wave of jealousy flooded over me. I took her outstretched hand that lay on the table, grasping it firmly. Her eyes were startled, clearly surprised by my sudden show of affection.
 
"Wae?" 
 
" Don't smile at other guys. You make me jealous." I muttered, just audible for her to hear.
 
She smiled, biting her lower lip to prevent herself from laughing. "Baek... It's just a form of courtesy." 
 
"Even when you smile at me?" I asked.
 
"Of course not,Baek. When I smile at you, it's a whole new different thing. I smile because I see you. When I see you, I can't explain this feeling in my heart," she paused," I just... I don't know. It's something I just do when you are around." She clasped her other hand over mine.
 
"You make me smile, Baekhyun." Her gaze softened, her tone more serious. Her words were so pure, simple that it just made me sigh. I leaned over slightly, giving a quick peck on her cheeks. "You make me smile too." 
 
Kamin's ruby lips formed a small smile as she gazed into my eyes with her velvet black ones.
 
"Your cappuccino, miss."  The waiter came, breaking our silent but loving gaze from each other. Kamin combed through her hair absentmindedly, before thanking the waiter again.
 
She sipped her cappuccino delicately, however carelessly leaving some of its foam on her lips. I chuckled," aigoo. Your lips..."She cocked her head slightly to the side, confused. I shook my head, smiling a little as I took her hand and leaned forward, pausing just a few inches from her lips.
 
"Baek?"
 
"Foam kiss." I whispered as I held her gaze. She blushed and before she could do anything,  I leaned forward and our lips touched. It was different this time with the foam of the cappuccino on her sweet lips. I brushed my lips against hers gently, kissing her just a little longer than last night. Her lips were soft and tender against mine. The sensation I felt last night came over me again. I could feel my heart pounding against my chest. The kiss was sweeter than anything in the world, tasting of the love we shared. It was as if the whole universe had stopped in its tracks, revolving only around the two of us. We stayed like that for a while, our souls connected and our hearts united. Slowly, I pulled back from the kiss, slightly dizzy from all the fizz of excitement bubbling in me.
 
"Baek..." Kamin's cheeks were flushed pink, her whimsical eyes slightly dazed as she gulped for air," that was..."
 
"fantastic and magical?" I joked.
 
Kamin smiled,"yes, but the better word would be breathtaking."