Oh Ricky...

It Just Isn't My Story To Tell

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

I waved goodbye to Hyunseung oppa as I closed the gates. I smiled happily as I skipped my way to the front door. I missed having fun like that; it definitely made me feel so more refreshed, amazingly, I didn’t once think about studying. I walked inside and Ricky was standing at the front door.

“What is it Ricky?” I looked at him.

“Who was that guy?”

“Someone.” I said as I walked towards the kitchen. Ricky followed me; I turned around and put my hands on my hips, “What is it? I came home at 10pm, two hours before my actual curfew.”

“Whatever, I just heard the door and I thought it was a robber so I was getting ready and I’m in the kitchen because I wanted a cup of water.”

Aish… this kid can find an excuse for practically everything.

“Alright, I’ll just have to take your word for it.” I smiled as I walked away, “Just in case you wanted to know, I had a great time with a Hyun- You know what, don’t worry. You don’t know him.” I emphasised on the word ‘him’.

“What? Noona, why were you out at night with a man?”

“He’s a sweet guy; he’s such a great friend.” I pretended to daydream about Hyunseung.

“Oh! Noona! Just concentrate on studying. Aren’t you like trying to graduate early?” Ricky linked arms with me and led me to the living room. “Noona, I can’t always be here to get you to concentrate on studying. Aigoo… what are you going to do when I’m not at home?”

I really wanted to pinch his cheeks but I refrained myself from doing so. “Alright, noona will just live under a rock while you go and live in the spotlight.” I said as I sat on the couch.

“Noona, that’s not what I meant, I’m just saying, you should study instead of talking to guys. You’re at an age where studying is important.”

I whacked Ricky behind the head, “What? You’re the one who skipped all your tutoring classes and most of your school days to go training.”

“Noona! I’m different, you know that my grades were average so it wouldn’t have mattered if I went or not.”

“Whatever you say Ricky.” I said as I turned the TV on.

“Noona, are you angry at me?” Ricky shook my arm and did a cute face, “Noona, don’t be angry at me. Please? Don’t be angry at me…”

I turned around and pinched his cheeks because there was so much cuteness oozing out of him. “So adorable!”

“Noona… that really hurt.” Ricky rubbed his cheeks which were now red.

“Alright, I’m going to bed. I don’t want to hurt you anymore.” I smiled as I stood up and walked to my room. I sat down at my desk, for some reason I didn’t feel like studying. The most I could do was read over the study notes that the guy from the library wrote but even then I couldn’t concentrate.

I kept thinking about the whole minor character thing, could it be there I was a main character? It did make me laugh at the thought of me being a main character. I mean, I’m a nerd but I have style and my school has a zero tolerance towards bullies so my situation is very different from the nerds in the stories. Anyways, in stories where a person is famous, they have either a non-famous best friend or sibling and that would be my job. Aish, why am I acting so pessimistic? Why am I acting so pathetic? I should make my life a story; I should be the main character! Yeah!

I looked at my textbook and smiled. Stories nowadays have the main two characters would always not get along first… and me and that guy from the library were arguing first and to be honest, I don’t like him that much. Hmm… could it be because of him that my life story just got interesting?

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~

It was Thursday and you were at the library reading over the textbook. You haven’t returned it yet because you still needed it. You took out all the posted notes and arranged them in order and placed it in the section where the book would have been. You put another posted note on top of the bundle.

“Sorry… I still the book. Who are you to tell me that I have to return it today? What’s your problem? Then again, thanks for the posted notes. I noticed some spelling, grammar and punctuation errors so I corrected them for you. Don’t take it as an insult, take it as a way of me helping you to improve =)”

You smiled mischievously as you walked away.