chapter 9

Only That Person

 

~~

Seungyeon broke free from Minhwan.

"How could you do that? He is the nicest guy ever. He doesn't care if we're Daes. All he wants to do is love me and stop the upcoming Dae and Nang war!!" Seungyeon yelled at Minhwan.
"War? What do you mean?" Minhwan asked.
"Our uncles want to end the peace between the Dae and the Nang. They want to start a war. They already attacked Onew, my boyfriend that you punched, and the headmaster's daughter IU, the fiance of the other guy who was standing there. If they wanted to hurt us they would have don't it already. They were attacked by our family, but they are nice to us and want to end the upcoming war." Seungyeon shouted.

Minhwan looked flustered.

"So you trust them?" Minhwan asked.
"Yes. I do." Seungyeon said.
"Fine. I'll help. Only because you trust them. But we need to tell Minhyuk too. He needs to know too." Minhwan said.
"Fine. But keep it a secret." Seungyeon agreed.

They headed back to Jonghyun and Onew.

 

Seungyeon stared at Onew who was crying, the sight of him hurt her heart.
"Onew.. get up." Seungyeon said gently touching his shoulder.

Onew quickly wiped his tears away and stood up.
"Seungyeon, why didn't you go home yet?"

"We will stop this war between our families. Minhwan is willing to help too. Don't even think that only you and Jonghyun would try and fight against my uncles and try to end the possible war alone. You have no idea what my family is really capable of doing.. many of our members have been trained for years and could easily kill you. The training is meant to be only for self protection but I think some of us would use their skills to attack you also. And don't think about leaving me out of this because you want to protect me, i'm already too deep into this and know too many things and we were already in a dangerous relationship weren't we?" Seungyeon said to Onew.

"Is that true? That you will help us? How did you change your mind that fast?" Jonghyun frowned looking at Minhwan.

"I want to remain the peace and I will trust the two of you because my sister trusts you. But if you try anything strange against us through this or hurt my sister.. you are both dead." Minhwan said.

Jonghyun nodded and looked at Seungyeon. "Thank you."

Seungyeon just kept on staring at Onew and Onew at Seungyeon.
"Let's go home now noona." Minhwan said grabbing Seungyeon's hand. "Let's talk more about all this tomorrow.. it's late now."

Seungyeon nodded slightly and still stared at Onew. "You should go rest now.. if ...if you really want to stop seeing me like this as your girlfriend then okay.. let's do so, if that's what you want. But we will still see each other as we try to stop this war. I just want to be with you. I don't want to take a break in our relationship but if that is what you want.. then let's do it..." Seungyeon said sadly and turned away.

"I hope IU will be okay." she said to Jonghyun. "Good night."

~~

"Aish.. how did everything become so complicated all of a sudden?" Minhwan sighed as he and Seungyeon were walking home.
"That's what happens when you eavesdrop other people.. I got to know all about this war because I eavesdropped also." Seungyeon said silently.

"Noona you seriously have gotten yourself to a big trouble." Minhwan shook his head. "Well I have gotten myself to trouble now also but you even dated a Nang guy. Why would you do something like that?"

"Please Minhwan.. let's not talk about that anymore today. Let's just go and sleep.. we will tell Minhyuk about this tomorrow." Seungyeon said as she still kept on thinking Onew.

"Araso." Minhwan said opening the door.

 

"I'm going to see IU. Are you coming?" Jonghyun asked Onew before he got into his car.
"Umm... I think I see her tomorrow. I don't want to stress her out." Onew replied.
"Okay." Jonghyun said. "But I'm going to tell Seungho and IU about today. They need to know. I'm sure Seungho won't act rash. He wants peace too."
"I'm not sure about it. They are the headmaster''s children." Onew frowned.
"But they never attacked the Daes and they always protested against any fight we had. I'm sure they'll help." Jonghyun assured.
"Fine, but if Seungyeon and her brothers get hurt. I'll personally kill you." Onew told Jonghyun.
"Deal." Jonghyun promised and left for the hospital.

~~

Jonghyun quietly entered IU's room. IU got out of surgery and was put into a private room.

"Jonghyun." Seungyeon saw him enter the room.
"Did you find who did it?" Seungho asked.
"Are we the only ones here?" Jonghyun asked.
"Yeah. Mom and dad went home to rest. I'm watching her tonight." Seungho sadly looked at IU. "Who'd want to do this to my precious IU? What did she ever do?"
"Seungho, I have news, but it has to be a secret from everyone including your parents." Jonghyun sat down on a chair next to IU and Seungho.
"Is it about IU's attacker?" Seungho sat down.
"And the Daes." Jonghyun whispered.
"Tell me. I'll keep a secret." Seungho promised.
"Onew and I have been close to a few Daes recently." Jonghyun started. "Some have been rebelling against the Dae headmaster. The rebels want a war between us where as their headmaster and ours want peace. The rebels attacked Onew and Dongho while they were drving. The rebels were supposed to just scare IU but something went wrong and IU got hurt. Onew, myself andd our Dae friends want you to help us stop the war before it happens. Can you help?"

Seungho looked at IU for a long time.

"She'd help you and your Dae friends, so I'll help you." Seungho agreed.
"Thanks. Also, word of warning, the Dae girl that's helping us is Onew's girlfriend." Jonghyun warned Seungho.
"What? Really? I never knew he could get a girl. So now he has one and it's a Dae? Dangerous don't you think?" Seungho looked at Jonghyun.
"Yup. I was against this relationship until IU got hurt. I realized I need her help, so I can help IU." Seungho pat Jonghyun's shoulder.

They stayed with IU overnight. Jonghyun stayed up the whole night watching IU. He held IU's hand the whole time. Seungho fell asleep half way through the night.

 

Onew went home alone and saw the lights in his house were still bright. Some cars also parked in the garage neatly. He can see Doojoon’s, GD’s, Kikwang’s, Taeyang’s, Key’s, Minho’s, and Taemin’s car. What the.........why is everyone in here?

 

Without thinking much, Onew walked in and greeted by Mr. Yang, the head butler and maid. “Young Master Jinki, headmaster wants you to see him in his room once you have come back.”said him.

“Alright. Thanks.”Onew nodded and head to headmaster’s room upstairs.

 

“Onew, you’ve come. Come in.”said the headmaster when Onew opened the door. Just like he thought, Doojoon, Kikwang, Taeynag, GD, Key, Minho, and Taemin sat on the couch in front of the headmaster.

Onew closed the door and took a seat beside Doojoon.

 

“So, Onew, do you find anything about IU’s attacker with Jonghyun.”headmaster asked him seriously.

“I………………”Onew hesitated to tell the headmaster about Dae. Should I tell him the truth or………but what if he changes his mind and wants to attack back instead? It will trigger a war. Seungyeon said it was her uncles who wants it, not the headmaster, right?

 

Everyone stared at Onew, waiting for his answer. Then the headmaster let out a sigh. “Onew, it’s okay if you don’t know anything.”

“No. We found something. It was Dae who attacked me and IU.”Onew decided to tell them.

“I knew it! Thos Dae need to learn something to fix their habit of attacking people.”Key cut Onew’s word and rolled his eyes.

“But it was not fully Dae’s responsible for this.”said Onew quickly.

“What do you mean?”Doojoon stared confusedly.

“Err………the plan to attack me and IU was not from their headmaster. Some Dae people trying to rebel against their headmaster.”said Onew.

“How do you know this, Onew?”this time, it was Kikwang who asked him.

“E-eavesdropping?”Onew smiled innocently and laughed awkwardly.

“Well, maybe Onew is right. I thought Dae head family never wanted a war between Dae and Nang.”said the headmaster. “Fine, I’ll try to make an arrangement and meet their headmaster, hopefully tomorrow. We will talk about this. All of you, come with me, including you, Onew. Ah wait, maybe I should ask Jonghyunto come too.”he stared at all the boys in the room.

Everyone nodded their head while Onew just stared at the headmaster. “Why, Onew? Is there something wrong?”asked the headmaster.

“We won’t go there for a fight, right?”Onew afraid if he will fight Seungyeon’s family.

“No, we just want to talk. But……who knows what will happen. It’s better if you prepare yourself with something.”said the headmaster.

“Of course. What kind of idiot who didn’t bring weapon if they want to meet Dae.”GD sneered.

“Ok. Meet me here tomorrow. You are dismissed.”the headmaster waved his hand.

 

All the boys stood up and bowed before they leave the room. Everyone head back to their house while Onew went to his room. He pulled his Beretta 9000S from the drawer. It was the first gun he bought himself and he never had any chance to use it. But it’s not like he wanted to use it. He let out a sigh and laid the gun on the table. Tomorrow huh? I hope Seungyeon is not going to be there.

 

Now I have to tell Minhyuk about all this.. Seungyeon thought nervously as she watched his brother who was still sleeping. She knew that Minhyuk hated the Nangs even more than Minhwan so she was worried about his reaction.

"Let's just tell him now." Minhwan who also walked to Minhyuks room whispered to Seungyeon.
Seungyeon nodded and checked that no one else was near the room then closed the door tightly.

"Minhyuk, wake up!" Minhwan shook his brother.
"Ahhh.. waeee? Leave me alone!" Minhyuk whined and hit his pillow.
"Minhyuk-ah, hurry and get up now. We have something important to tell you." Seungyeon said and sat on the bed.

Minhyuk rubbed his eyes and sat up slowly and stared at Seungyeon and Minhwan annoyed.

"Listen carefully what I have to say. And promise me you wont freak out and make a scene, no one should hear what we are talking about now, and you can't tell anyone about this, ok?" Seungyeon said firmly.

"Araso, I won't tell. What is so important then?" Minhyuk yawned.

"Yunho's and Yuri's father is planning to take down the Nangs completely, and he wants to break the peace we have between them. I don't know how many people here are on his side. Uncle didn't tell our father anything about this because appa wants peace. I know that Yunho, Geun Suk, Hyun Bin and Jeong Hoon are on uncles side... they attacked the Nang headmasters daughter who now is in the hospital and a few other people." Seungyeon explained.

"How do you know all this noona?" Minhyuk frowned.
"I was eavesdropping.." Seungyeon said.

"Also, there are a few people from the Nangs who want to stop this war between our families... me and Minhwan agreed to help them. Don't worry we can trust them. So Minhyuk, you will help us out too right?" she continued.

"Well... I don't want any war.. but to work together with the Nangs.. I don't know if thats a good idea.." Minhyuk frowned.
"Yah! How else would we get peace if we don't work together." Seungyeon snapped.
"I want to see those people first, then I will think about if I will help out." Minhyuk said.
"Okay.. let's meet them." Seungyeon nodded.

Seungyeon played with her fingers nervously as she knew she should tell about her dating Onew also. She took a deep breath and looked at Minhyuk.
"Also.. there is one more thing I need to tell you. Please don't freak out. Actually one of the Nangs guys that are helping us.. one of them... he is.. he is my boyfriend."

Minhyuk stared at Seungyeon shocked. "Ne?? You must be joking right?"
Minhwan shook his head. "It's true.. I already saw him yesterday."
"Noona are you totally out of your mind!! Don't you know what that means... you.. you are dishonouring our family by doing this and dating such a guy could kill you!" Minhyuk yelled but Seungyeon quickly blocked his mouth.

"Shut up! Don't shout or people will hear you!"

"I know it is dangerous and that it is something I shouldn't do.. but.. but I can't stop my feelings for him. He is a good guy, trust me.. he would never hurt me." Seungyeon said.

Minhyuk got up from his bed and looked out the window.
"I need to meet that guy now!"

"I already punched him yesterday so there's no need for you to do the same thing." Minhwan muttered. Seungyeon nudged Minhwan and walked to Minhyuk.
"Okay... we can go soon but please don't do anything rash. He only wants to help us." Seungyeon said.

"What's that all about?" Minhyuk frowned when he saw many cars parking by their house. Seungyeon and Minhwan looked out the window too and saw men getting out of their cars.
"Aren't those all Nangs? What are they doing here?" Minhwan said.

All Seungyeon, Minhyuk and Minhwan ran out of the room downstairs.
They saw their father standing by the door letting all the people to the living room where all her uncles and older cousins were waiting.
Suddenly Seungyeon noticed Onew and Jonghyun among the people.

Seungyeon's father looked at Seungyeon, Minhyuk and Minhwan. "You come to the living room too. Seunyeon, bring something to drink to our guests."
"Ye." Seungyeon nodded and went to the kitchen.

Seungyeon's father walked to the Nang headmaster and led him to his office, then turned to the rest of the people. "We will discuss in private first, please wait here, we will come to you soon."
He then closed the door to his office and left the Nangs and Dae's to the living room together.

Seungyeon soon walked in with some tea with her and started serving the people quietly. The athmorphere was really tense between all the people, everyone was glaring at each other just waiting for the headmasters to come out from the office.
Seungyeon reached Onew and gave him some tea. Onew smiled at her slightly. "Thank you."
Seungyeon nodded and smiled a little.

"Stop grinning at her like that." Yunho snapped at Onew. "Seungyeon get away from him."

"But.. he just..." Seungyeon muttered.
"There's no need to be so friendly to those people.. they don't deserve to get even tea from us." Yunho continued.
"Like I would drink this tea, you could have poisoned it." GD snorted glaring at Yunho.
"It's just tea. It's not such a big deal, let's just drink it." Onew said.

 

~~In the room~~

 

“Take a seat Yoo Wonhyuk-shi.”said Seungyeon’s father.

“Wonhyuk is fine, Dongmin-shi.”IU’s father smile politely.

“Well then, we heard about your daughter got hit and in the hospital now.”said  Dongmin

“Yes, and from my niece information, it was your people who did it.”

 

Dongmin shocked hearing Wonhyuk saying his people hurting Nang family. He never ordered his men to do anything to Nang people that can trigger a war. He wanted peace although both family seems still having hate toward each other.

 

“What do you mean, Wonhyuk-shi?”asked Dongmin.

“There were two attacks happened to us yesterday. Onew and Dongho, my nieces, were attacked after they went to airport. Their car shot but luckily, no one gets hurt. Then my daughter, IU, some people were chasing her before a car hit her.”Wonhyuk explained. “I got information that some of your people were doing this behind your back. They’re trying to rebel and make a war between Dae and Nang.”

 

Dongmin went silent for a while and thinking which one in his family who might did it. “If it was really from my family, I apologize about it. I will do something about it.”

“Sure. Actually I also do not wish for a war. Even though we’re not able to join together, at least a peace and silence between us if fine.”said Wonhyuk.

“Yes, me too.”answered Dongmin.

“And……I think you should be careful. If your people really trying to rebel, that means you’re in danger, as well as your family.”Wonhyuk warned Dongmin about possibilities that might happen.

“I know.”Dongmin let out a sigh.

 

~~Outside the room~~

 

Onew, Jonghyun, and his cousins were still waiting. Well, in his cousins case, they were glaring at Dae family. Sometimes, Onew stole a glance to Seungyeon. And sometimes, their eyes met each other which result a wide smile will appear on Onew and Seungyeon’s face.

 

Yunho, Geun Suk, and Hyun Bin stood close to each other.

“Yunho, do you think they know about our plan?”Geun Suk whispered slowly to Yunho.

“I don’t know. But if yes, how did they know about it.”said Yunho in low voice.

“Someone is spying on us? Or……a betrayer?”Hyun Bin joined the conversation.

“Well, we will find out if there’s something strange happen. We won’t let that person alive.”said Yunho coldly.

 

Minhyuk walked closer to Seungyeon and glanced at all the Nangs.
"Are some of those guys the ones who are helping you?" he whispered.

Seungyeon nodded slightly. "The one sitting in the left corner." Seungyeon whispered looking at Jonghyun. "And the one who smiled to me before when I gave the tea." she whispered looking at Onew.

Minhyuk nodded and looked at Onew and Jonghyun closely.
"Is the guy you dated one of those two?" Minhyuk whispered again.
Seungyeon nodded and stared at Onew. Just then Onew lifted up his head to look at Seungyeon and their eyes met which made them both smile again.

"There's no need for you to tell me who that is, I can see it clearly now. But please stop smiling at him, someone might notice that... and I don't like the way he keeps on looking at you." Minhyuk whispered and glared at Onew.

"Aish, just how much longer do we have to sit here. The air here is starting to stink because of too many Dae's around." Doojoon said annoyed.
" What?! Who are you calling stinky?? I don't want you here either, just leave then!" Yoseob snapped at him.
"Yoseob just let it be.." Kyujong tried to calm him.
Doojoon stood up and approached Yoseob. "I will.. but not until I find out who of you idiots hurt our headmasters daughter. Was that perhaps you?"

"I couldn't care less about someone as insignificant as the Nang headmasters daughter. Do you think I would really go waste my time to go chase and hurt someone like that?" Yoseob grinned.

Seungyeon looked at Yoseob worried. He was always the one to get angry first and to bluster to someone who said something offensive about him or his family. Everyone in the Dae family knew that if Yoseob was involved there would probably be a fight.

Yunho's father smiled satisfied looking at Yoseob. Yoseob didn't know what his uncle was planning but his uncle really wanted Yoseob on the rebels side because of his aggressive nature.

"Who are you calling insignificant? Just look at her, your headmasters daughter. Serving tea to her enemy family like that... if she is one of the head members of the family then why is she doing something like that, you should put a maid to do something like that. That's what I call insignificant." Doojoon grinned looking at Seungyeon.

"Get your dirty eyes off her!!" Yoseob yelled and punched Doojoon to his face.
Doojoon punched back and soon the two were fighting on the floor hitting each other.

Suddenly the office door opened and the two headmasters walked out.
"THAT'S ENOUGH!!" Dongmin yelled.
Yoseob and Doojoon stopped fighting and stood up.

"Yoesob-ah explain this to me! Why are you doing something like this!" Dongmin ordered.
"Because.. he was saying bad things about our family." Yoseob said.
"He did the same just as much." Doojoon snorted fixing his hair.

"How many times do I have to tell you that hitting people like that is not the answer. If someone tries to fight with you then just try to find a way to get away from it peacefully." Dongmin scolded Yoseob.

Dongmin then looked at everyone else in the room. "And why didn't any of you here try to stop the two?"

Yunho's father grinned and looked at his brother.
"Why stop the boys when they were having so much fun fighting with each other."
"What? Having fun?" Dongmin frowned and looked at his younger brother.

 

"Enough." Jonghyun walked up to Dongmin. Jonghyun bowed his head to Dongmin. "Sir, I apologize for my peer's rude behavior. We only wished to control the peace, yet we've started a fight."
"Sorry." Onew joined Jonghyun and bowed.

Wonhyk gave Doojoon a look.

"Why should I apologize? HE started it." Doojoong mumbled. "I'm sorry sir." Doojoon bowed to the Dongmin and Yoseob.

The rest of the Nangs their bowed as well.

"Raise your heads. It's alright." The Dongmin said. "Yoseob." The Dongmin gave Yoseob the same look Wonhyuk gave Doojoon.
"I'm sorry." Yoseob gritted through his teeth.
"Yoseob!" Dongmin scolded.
"I'm sorry." Yoseob said nicer.

"Why should he apologize? He was sticking up for your daughter." Yunho's father said.
"Enoungh." Dongmin said. "I will have no more of this. We are here to discuss peace not hatred."

Yunho's father rolled his eyes and left.

"Anyone else care to leave?" Dongmin asked.

Yunho, Geun Suk, and Hyun Bin hesitated but stayed in the room.

"Now we'll talk. Everyone listen carefully. Recently-" An explosion outside caught everyone off guard.

The lights immidiatly went off and turned back on. All the Nangs and Daes stood up and were ready to attack.

"Where's Seungyeon and Minhwan?" Minhyuk asked.

Everyone looked around. Suddenly Jonghyun and Minhyuk's phone rang.

"Hello." They both hesitantly picked up. There was only breathing on the other line
"If you want your precious IU, Seungho, Seungyeon and Minhwan alive. Listen well." The voice said.

 

Jonghyun was furious when he heard IU’s name. He glanced at Onew who were looking around the room to spot Seungyeon. But she was nowhere.

 

“And don’t tell anyone about this call. You will be my eyes and ears from now on. Just be obedient kid and your lovely fiancée and family will be safe.”it was a guy’s voice. Minhyuk recognized that voice as Jeong Hoon’s voice.

“Hyung……so you really rebelling against appa?”asked Minhyuk.

“Ah, I guess your noona already told you then. It’ll be easier for me to tell you about your job.”Jeong Hoon’s voice seems cold on the phone.

“Job?”Minhyuk looked left and right, trying to find Jeong Hoon.

“Yes, you will be our bridge for Jonghyun’s information to us. He won’t meet us, but you will.”

 

The situation around them was in chaos. Everyone busy protecting their own headmaster, no one realize that Minhyuk and Jonghyun were called, except Onew.  He stared at Jonghyun and knew something has happened. He tried to walk closer to Jonghyun but Jonghyun lifted his hand, signaling Onew to not coming closer which made Onew confused.

 

“Just what do you want?”said Jonghyun to the phone.

“Simple. You…Nangs, away from here. Oh, and maybe some new leaders in Dae too?”said Jeong Hoon.

“You want to replace appa? Don’t joke with me!”Minhyuk yelled a little loud, but no one noticed him.

“Hmm……you will see if I’m joking or not. You can come to the place which I will tell you later and meet your noona. But not for you, Jonghyun. Don’t worry, we know that IU is still hurt, we will take care of her.”

 

They took her from the hospital? Jonghyun’s eyes went wide.

“Don’t you dare to touch her or I will kill you.”Jonghyun held himself not to throw the phone to the ground because of his anger.

“Like I said, don’t worry. Oh, and maybe telling one of your friend about this is fine. The more the spy the fast we will end this. And you can get your fiancée back.”said Jeong Hoon chuckled. “Well, I’ll tell you later about your job, Jonghyun. See you.”Jeong Hoon hung up the connection to Jonghyun’s phone, but not with Minhyuk’s.

 

“Minhyuk, come to Yunho’s house tonight. I’m being king to my own family and let you visit your noona.”said Jeong Hoon.

“Minhwan is gonna be there too, right?”Minhyuk whispered.

“Sure sure. Well, I’ll see you tonight. Just don’t bring anyone.”then, he hung up.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

a very very late update >.<