Chapter 19

Only That Person

Seungyeon walked around in the hallways towards her fathers office. All around the house crying could be heard, it echoed in the empty hallways. Seungyeon blocked her ears as she didn't want to hear the sounds anymore.

She opened the door to her fathers office and stood by the door for a moment looking around.
She knocked the door silently as if imagining his father would be sitting by his desk.

Now appa would ask who is it.. then he would say come in..

Seungyeon stepped inside and closed the door still imagining.

Then appa would smile at me and ask 'Seungyeon, what is it?'.. and I would say 'food is ready, come eat'.. or 'appa, I need money to go shopping, can you give me some?' or 'appa, I did wrong'...

Seungyeon walked closer to the desk and touched the table gently.

"But appa.. now I just want to say that I want to see you." Seungyeon said trying to hold her tears back but couldn't.

Seungyeon crouched down in front of her fathers desk and cried.
Appa, i'm sorry to cry like this in front of you.. I know how you hated to see your children cry... appa, don't worry about me.. it's just that I miss you so much... I just want to hear you scold us when we did something wrong, I want to hear your laugh coming from your room... appa... how could this happen? Appa, no matter how much I try to imagine you here, I can't see you..

Seungyeon stood up and sat on the chair by the table. She laid her head down on the desk.
"Appa.. come back.. please come back appa.."

"Noona.. what are you doing here?" Minhyuk suddenly walked in the office and saw Seungyeon by the desk.

"I just wanted to be in a place where I can feel appa the most." Seungyeon said silently.
Minhyuk walked in and sat on the couch.

Appa, I will do my best to protect noona with Minhwan from the danger that is waiting for her.. it would have been so much better if you had still been here.. I don't know if I can do a good job protecting her without you..

After a while also Minhwan walked in the office.
"Tomorrow will be the funeral for appa, Yesung hyung and Yuri noona..." he said silently and sat on the floor.

After that none of them said anything anymore. They just stayed in their fathers office without a word the whole night.

~~~~~~~~~~

"IU?" Jonghyun walked into IU's room at the hospital.
"Come in." IU said from the bed.
"You okay?" Jonghyun walked in and put some flowers on the counter.
"Yeah. The doctor said that I need to rest for another week before I can leave." IU pouted. "I wanted to go home with you."
"Don't worry I'll stay here with you." Jonghyun smiled.
"What about your wound?" IU pointed to his side.
"It's fine I just can't run around too much. The doctor said I can't work out until it's healed. I might get fat if I don't work out. What do I do?" Jonghyun copied IU and pouted.
IU giggled then teased. "It's okay if you get fat, you'll be a nice pillow."
"Hey!!" Jonghyun tickled IU.
"So what happened to Onew and Seungyeon?" IU asked.

Jonghyun froze. He looked away. The atmosphere began awkward.

"I don't know." Jonghyun put his hands together and rested his elbows on his knees. "I think Onew and Seungyeon would be good together. When I first found out about them I told him to break it off and I didn't like her. I even tried to team up with Seungyeon's friend to try and break them up, but as I met her more often I realized that maybe she and Onew are good together."

Wonhyuk hid behind the door listening to Jonghyun speak about Onew and Seungyeon. Wonhyuk arrived when they were talking about their wounds. He originally planned to come inside and visit IU, but he stopped to listen when he heard them speak about Onew and Seungyeon.

"I've never seen Onew so serious about someone before. I think he's matured so much after meeting her. I met with Seungyeon and her brothers. They're all nice people just like us. Seungyeon is very similar to you and all she cares about are her brother's safety. You said you met her before right? What do you think about her?" Jonghyun asked IU.

"I met her once before at a cafe. She was having issues with her boyfriend, I'm guessing that was Onew. She was really nice. I wanted to be friends so we exchanged numbers." IU said.

"You think she's nice too right. I hope Onew and Seungyeon are allowed to date. If they are not and Onew is killed... what do I do? He's my best friend I don't think I can live without him." Jonghyun leaned on IU's shoulder. "I feel like a bad friend. I can't do anything to help him."

IU comforted Jonghyun by rubbing her hand around his back and hugging him. She didn't know what to say. IU knew that if Onew was killed, her relationship with Jonghyun would be in jeopardy because it would be her father behind the decision to kill Onew.

Wonhyuk watched Jonghyun and IU behind the door, through the window. He had heard their entire conversation.